Author Topic: Biden's latest climate rules crack down on manufacturing, ignoring industry warnings of economic dev  (Read 1699 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's latest climate rules crack down on manufacturing, ignoring industry warnings of economic devastation
Biden admin's actions will 'grind permits to a halt for a large portion of our country'
 By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published February 7, 2024 8:00am EST

The Biden administration finalized regulations severely tightening restrictions on fine particulate matter that the manufacturing and energy sectors are legally allowed to emit, an action that industry said would have devastating economic consequences.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unveiled the regulations Wednesday morning in a joint announcement with environmental activists, saying limiting particulate matter known as PM2.5 or soot would have health benefits for Americans nationwide. The rulemaking lowers the annual PM2.5 standard from a level of 12 micrograms per cubic meter to a level of 9 micrograms per cubic meter.

"Today's action is a critical step forward that will better protect workers, families and communities from the dangerous and costly impacts of fine particle pollution," EPA Administrator Michael Regan told reporters in a call. "The science is clear. Soot pollution is one of the most dangerous forms of air pollution and is linked to a range of serious and potentially deadly illnesses, including asthma and heart attacks."

"The stronger standard is designed to ensure clear, routine pathways for industry to continue to upgrade and build while maintaining cleaner, healthier air," Regan continued. "We know that cleaner air and a strong and bustling economy go hand in hand."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-latest-climate-rules-crack-down-manufacturing-ignoring-industry-warnings-economic-devastation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No problem.  I'll build a floating coal-powered electric generation plant and anchor it 13 miles off the US coast in international waters.

Britain / BBC had to deal with pirate radio stations.  The EPA will have to choke on the emissions of a power plant outside their jurisdiction.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.