Author Topic: Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvan  (Read 7989 times)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Queer beer is not on my grocery list.
 :tongue2:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Mod2

merged topics

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The drinking age was 18 when I became old enough to drink. At 18, you don't have a lot of money so we drank the cheapest swill we could find. Red White and Blue, Hamms, Black Label.. the cheaper the better
Hamms may not have been great beer(supposedly still made by Molson Coors) but they may have had the best damn beer ads that I can recall.

Offline roamer_1

Hamms may not have been great beer(supposedly still made by Molson Coors) but they may have had the best damn beer ads that I can recall.

The Rainier bike plastered across the front of a Hamm's beer truck is the best beer commercial ever.

That won't mean anything to you if you have no Rainier beer in your experience.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Men should act like men, and light beer should taste like beer.

Great commercial, but "the Beast" doesn't qualify as beer.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Rainier bike plastered across the front of a Hamm's beer truck is the best beer commercial ever.

That won't mean anything to you if you have no Rainier beer in your experience.
I looked for that ad, and so did others but some remember it being a Coors truck or Budweiser, but it seems to be unobtanium :shrug: But there are lots of old Hamm's ads. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOtXk32e_0wZcTSkWg-bqfmf04ZMSS6mL

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I think AB deserves everything they got, and more.  And Trump pushing their product would not have me buying it or any product for that matter.

The USA is in the swirl of the toilet, and either we get smart about this nonsense pushed by liberals about all the alphabet soup sh*t, or we all become an alphabet letter, and the country dies in one generation. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What’s behind Trump’s Bud Light rehabilitation effort?
By
Kimberly Ross
February 10, 2024 6:00 am

Transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney started a firestorm of controversy in April of last year by partnering with Bud Light in a short video on Instagram. The company sent a can of its beer with Mulvaney’s face and the words “cheers to 365 days of womanhood.”

But Mulvaney is not a woman. He is biologically a man. Unsurprisingly, the reaction was swift and severe. Ten months later, Bud Light is still not back to where it once was, as the unassuming beer of regular, hard-working Americans. But former President Donald Trump wants to change that.

This week on Truth Social, Trump implored everyone to give Bud Light another chance, saying, in part, “Anheuser-Busch is not a Woke company, but I can give you plenty that are, am building a list, and might just release it for the World to see. Anheuser-Busch is a Great American Brand that perhaps deserves a Second Chance. What do you think? Perhaps, instead, we should be going after those companies that are looking to DESTROY AMERICA!”

As if on cue, Trump’s terminally online followers, who not long ago cheered Bud Light’s drop in sales and even recently welcomed the introduction of a non-“woke” beer called Ultra Right Beer, are rallying to Bud’s defense. The entire saga is further proof of two things: 1) Trump’s ability to sway his fans in any direction and 2) the fickle Right’s inability to make long-term dents in the ongoing culture war.

more  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/beltway-confidential/2848192/whats-behind-trumps-bud-light-rehabilitation/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 04:04:48 pm by MOD7 »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the above posted article…

As if on cue, Trump’s terminally online followers, who not long ago cheered Bud Light’s drop in sales and even recently welcomed the introduction of a non-“woke” beer called Ultra Right Beer, are rallying to Bud’s defense.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?" "It's, like, incredible."  Donald Trump
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 04:00:14 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LadyLiberty

"... but I can give you plenty that are, am building a list, and might just release it for the World to see."

Sure.  Just like when he was going to release Obama's birth certificate.

Offline LMAO

I’ve never been a big cultural warrior. On social issues, I’ve leaned more libertarian

But what I’ve seen the last several years, I’m hardening a bit.

If you want to tuck your member between your legs and film yourself dancing Buffalo Bill style from “Silent of the Lambs” knock yourself out. But when you do that in front on children, and we’re told we must accept that, well, no way
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

If the LBQTUVWXYZ+ lobby (Teachers Union) donated to DJT campaign he would gleefully say 'Some are good perverts and should be teaching our kids'.  The man has no principles.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Lando Lincoln

Boycotting Bud Light should not be a one-off, one-and-done deal. The boycott is not just meant to sting Bud Light but to be a warning shot to the next woke entity. It is telling the world that folks with traditional values have a voice. To go backwards on this now is absurd.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline LMAO

If the LBQTUVWXYZ+ lobby (Teachers Union) donated to DJT campaign he would gleefully say 'Some are good perverts and should be teaching our kids'.  The man has no principles.

And his supporters would tell us that Trump just believes in expanding children’s horizons

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

I’ve never been a big cultural warrior. On social issues, I’ve leaned more libertarian

If you want to tuck your member between your legs and film yourself dancing Buffalo Bill style from “Silent of the Lambs” knock yourself out. But when you do that in front on children, and we’re told we must accept that, well, no way

That's always going to be the push/pull.

Liberty has responsibilities.
Freedom has consequences.

Every people strives to be free... Where everybody is happy and getting whatever they want. There is quite a bit of libertarian ideal in that, But the only place it has ever worked is in rural, distinctly Protestant settings.

Cities are always a blight, as much as everyone gravitates to them... In the end, services remove individual responsibilities, which creates dependency. And invariably, the cost of dependency is always, Always, ALWAYS Liberty.

In the end societies are formed for the purpose of providing a safe place for women and children, a place to raise up families. That is its function. Men would be content to live in Hell-on-Wheels conditions, left to their own devices. It is the women that need a quieted place.

When a society stops performing that function, it can no longer survive, because it IS, already, a distortion of reality that requires constant repair. When it is no longer repaired, it must collapse.

Offline roamer_1

Boycotting Bud Light should not be a one-off, one-and-done deal. The boycott is not just meant to sting Bud Light but to be a warning shot to the next woke entity. It is telling the world that folks with traditional values have a voice. To go backwards on this now is absurd.

And that IS the price.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I think what's happened is that the social issues over which people disagree are different issues than they used to be. We're now talking overt racial demonizing of white people, normalization of transgenderism and expanding it to children, etc..  I think if you're a libertarian, you have to be opposed to that stuff because it is government coercion.

Offline roamer_1

I looked for that ad, and so did others but some remember it being a Coors truck or Budweiser, but it seems to be unobtanium :shrug: But there are lots of old Hamm's ads. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOtXk32e_0wZcTSkWg-bqfmf04ZMSS6mL

I have looked for it too... If you are in a Rainier distribution area you will remember the Rainier motorcycle...

RAAAAAAINEEEEEERBEEEEEEeeeeerrrrrr... is the voice over, the voice modeled to imitate shifting gears, as a motorcycle goes down a pastoral country road and around the corner....

That's the thing.

Same for same... The Hamms Commercial started exactly the same way... A PERFECT imitation of the original... but from around the corner you hear a big crash... Cue the "From the Land of Sky Blue Waters" theme, as a Hamms beer truck comes back toward the viewer, with a motorcycle smeared all over the front of it.

It was Hamms. And what made it so hilarious was the imitation of the ubiquitous Rainer commercial, which everyone was used to. Wait... what??? Something's different...  :silly:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:23:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

I think what's happened is that the social issues over which people disagree are different issues than they used to be. We're now talking overt racial demonizing of white people, normalization of transgenderism and expanding it to children, etc..  I think if you're a libertarian, you have to be opposed to that stuff because it is government coercion.

I think you're looking at the fall of Rome, all over again, again.

It is ever the same thing. What destroys liberty is freedom. Decadence in dependency. Next thing you know, it's a sh*thole, and the whole thing goes down the drain.

This stuff is nothing new. It happens over and over again.

Online Lando Lincoln

The Left, along with the media, destroyed the Tea Party. In a small way, this is the TP reasserting itself and it is a good thing.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

The Left, along with the media, destroyed the Tea Party. In a small way, this is the TP reasserting itself and it is a good thing.

Yeah, but no... It was the Moderate wing of the Republican party that destroyed the TEA party... and the populists around Tumpy.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
wHERE WOULD WE BE IF PEOPLE HAD ATTACKED bIDEN AS VICIOUSLY AND FANATICALLY AS THEY HAVE AND ARE DOING AGAINST TRUMP?  MOST OF THE CRAP WE ARE ENDURING WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED! 
Have your worthless excuses ready when you enter the next life, asbestos suits ready.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:54:18 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online corbe

wHERE WOULD WE BE IF PEOPLE HAD ATTACKED bIDEN AS VICIOUSLY AND FANATICALLY AS THEY HAVE AND ARE DOING AGAINST TRUMP?  MOST OF THE CRAP WE ARE ENDURING WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED! 

Last I heard @christian bidet doesn't call himself a Conservative and isn't the defacto head of the GOP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   Last I heard @christian bidet doesn't call himself a Conservative and isn't the defacto head of the GOP.

I never liked Bud Light because it tastes like crap.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

I never liked Bud Light because it tastes like crap.   :shrug:

Same here

Barry Goldwater