Author Topic: Trump calls time on Bud Light boycott and says it's paid the price for partnership with Dylan Mulvan  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have no doubt that's part of it... He got a big donation, or owed a favor, or knows someone within the InBev/AB hierarchy.

But he has always been neutral-left, leaning pro wrt LGBTQWERTY issues. Going way back. He does not see it as confusing and damaging. He does not possess the critical principles to guide him.  :shrug:

What is more to the point is that his fans routinely ignore this glaring error as if it didn't exist. That hypocrisy is profound. If you are pro-Tumpy, you are supporting woke. So if that is the case, have a Bud Light... It's right in line with your political progenitor.

(not !YOU!, Smoke)

:beer:
Yeah, he's always been a mess on the issue, but I can put up with a tolerance that does not transcend pandering--which this regime has transcended in spades or whatever suit that suits you.  It's just getting, that between the teevee ads and the woke push and the rest of it, none of that represents me. And I know I am not alone. Heck, comments by various posters here are proof enough that a multitude of Americans don't feel particularly well represented by anyone in government, or perhaps a small handful at best, but less and less their own delegations in DC.

It's the whole idea of being kicked to the curb that leaves a nasty taste in the mouths of people who helped build this country, who had a perfectly fine operating system (Constitution) but are being told their password won't work because the facial recognition is programmed to cut out folks with their complexion. The walls of prejudice got torn down in the  last few generations, but the folks who claimed to be on the outside have turned the planks around and claim some right to crap on those who tore them down, in some twisted vengeance for crimes (so they claim) allegedly committed against someone else (because most of them were not even alive) by people who weren't alive to commit them.

The whole concept of judicial fairness and due process is out the window in some emotionally driven jihad against people who did no wrong, and i don't see that stopping, no matter who gets elected, but especially not the current list of candidates.

It makes me wish I had a porch, just so I could sit out (even in ND in November) and watch folks drive off to vote for their delusion of choice. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yeah, he's always been a mess on the issue, but I can put up with a tolerance that does not transcend pandering--which this regime has transcended in spades or whatever suit that suits you.  It's just getting, that between the teevee ads and the woke push and the rest of it, none of that represents me. And I know I am not alone. Heck, comments by various posters here are proof enough that a multitude of Americans don't feel particularly well represented by anyone in government, or perhaps a small handful at best, but less and less their own delegations in DC.

It's the whole idea of being kicked to the curb that leaves a nasty taste in the mouths of people who helped build this country, who had a perfectly fine operating system (Constitution) but are being told their password won't work because the facial recognition is programmed to cut out folks with their complexion. The walls of prejudice got torn down in the  last few generations, but the folks who claimed to be on the outside have turned the planks around and claim some right to crap on those who tore them down, in some twisted vengeance for crimes (so they claim) allegedly committed against someone else (because most of them were not even alive) by people who weren't alive to commit them.

The whole concept of judicial fairness and due process is out the window in some emotionally driven jihad against people who did no wrong, and i don't see that stopping, no matter who gets elected, but especially not the current list of candidates.

It makes me wish I had a porch, just so I could sit out (even in ND in November) and watch folks drive off to vote for their delusion of choice. **nononono*

ALL of it is political, and in the end, it doesn't matter. All of em, to include Tumpy... Morons on the stage, full of sound and fury... All bullshit. All finger in the air, bet on a side bullshit.

But politics is driven by culture - not the other way around. They are trying to make it drive the culture, and there is a battle there, no doubt.

But in the end, as always, unintended consequences.

Conservatives tend to let things be. Conservatives put things back. They want what they know works, and little more. Because of that, their culture transcends politics and popularity and is eminently reliable.

start messin with things, and unintended consequences arise.

Bud Light...
Target
Disney

Gen Z turning back to family, tradition, and *gasp* God.

the wyrm is turning. The evidence is starting to show it.
The hope as that it turns quickly - Quick enough that we can right ourselves.
But to expect politics to do that for you is to miss the mark.

Culture is draggin corporations back past center.
Culture will also drag politics, kicking and screaming bloody murder, back to the right.

This shit ain't working, and everybody knows it.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Saint Joe taking America to the brink of destruction and like a Saint criticized so little and Trump who was healing America economically and in so many other ways heartily damned like he's to blame for what Biden has and is doing.  Who ever thought Trump would abandoned so many Americans in Afghanistan, rewarding and giving an American Army to such RADICAL Muslims? We had abundant energy with Trump in office, and who was it that forced high energy crisis's on us AGAIN?  USHERING IN MASSIVE SHORTAGES AND PRICE INCREASES IN FOOD AS WELL?

Ask the locking steeping hos of the WOKE democrats.  Of course they still love to lockstep lie don't they?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions