Author Topic: House GOP fails to impeach Mayorkas over border handling  (Read 1269 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: House GOP fails to impeach Mayorkas over border handling
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2024, 02:29:14 pm »
I suspect Mayorkas and his entourage will be attending the game? Meeting you-know-who?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2024, 02:31:00 pm »
How many failed impeachment votes were there on McCarthy's watch?

Conservatives bitched at him because he didn't pass more conservative legislation as if he somehow controlled the votes of other House members.  He didn't.  And I'll keep saying it -- the problem was not McCarthy.  The problem was the lack of a conservative majority, and changing Speakers was never going to change that.  We got someone who everyone loved initially, until they found out that there wasn't really anything he could do differently because he's just as hamstrung as was McCarthy.  Wouldn't make a damn bit of difference if Matt Gaetz himself was the Speaker. 

I never had an issue with replacing McCarthy.  I had a huge issue with replacing him in the middle of his term as Speaker, in the process blowing the best shot we had for meaningful border reform, and looking like a bunch of incompetent boobs.  It's now February, and we still haven't passed those appropriations bills from the fiscal year that ended last September because the votes weren't there then, and they're not their now.   I mean, the idea that we're still enamored with the idea of passing those things from last year without having done squat for this fiscal year is laughable.

Idealism is great.  Idealism that isn't tempered by reality is simple foolishness.

Well said........

50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

We have done a great job of handing this election to Biden and the democrats.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2024, 02:32:44 pm »
‘When you strike at a king, you must kill him.’

Just what are you saying ?

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 04:57:34 pm »
What a surprise..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 05:04:17 pm »
Just what are you saying ?

It's an Emerson proverb, and his reference was true allegorical in nature.  Meaning, if you want to finish someone off politically or professionally for that matter, you better not take any half measures.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 05:50:53 pm »
Geez, what a waste of words, they had it at GOP fails!