Author Topic: Haley: ‘Irresponsible’ Republicans Killing Border Bill to Help Trump — ‘You Don’t Sacrifice National  (Read 1438 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haley: ‘Irresponsible’ Republicans Killing Border Bill to Help Trump — ‘You Don’t Sacrifice National Security’

Pam Key 5 Feb 2024

Republican presidential candidate former Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) said Monday on FNC’s “Your World” that Republicans are being “irresponsible” with national security” by killing the bipartisan border deal because of former President Donald Trump’s criticisms.

Anchor Neil Cavuto said, “You know, Donald Trump has famously said that Republicans should be ashamed of themselves. We’re going to have Senator Lankford with us shortly, who’s amazed at the response it’s getting and wondering if maybe that could be because Republicans, might feel that they’re in a better position not to have something like this, that it could help Joe Biden. It wouldn’t help them. How are you on this?”

Haley said, “There’s two things going on here, and we have to speak hard truths. First of all, everybody’s tired of a do-nothing Congress. I mean, can they do anything Because we’ve seen nothing out of Republicans or Democrats. They have an inability to get anything done. The second thing is you can’t have Trump sitting there saying, don’t do anything until the election. We have a completely open border. America is acting like it’s September 10th, and we better remember what September 12th felt like, because it only takes one person across that border to create a 9/11 moment. We need this fix now. We need congressional members to stay in D.C. and not leave until they figure this out. When I look at the border.”

She added, “They need to figure this out. They need to adjust it, amend it in any way that they can. And they should not leave D.C. until they get us a border bill. And no, we are not waiting until the general election to do this. And it’s irresponsible to say that Congress has to wait until a general election, because Trump is worried that he’s going to lose. There’s a lot of reasons we got to worry Trump’s going to lose, but you don’t sacrifice national security to do it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/05/haley-irresponsible-republicans-killing-border-bill-to-help-trump-you-dont-sacrifice-national-security/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
We need congressional members to stay in D.C. and not leave until they figure this out.

I just hate it when anyone, of any viewpoint, says stuff like that.

The issue isn't that they aren't willing to stay in Washington.  The issue is that they do not agree on what the proper solution is, and that's not going to change until the next election.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Republicans are killing alleged "Border Bill" because they know the Executive will welch on enforcement, like they are already doing.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

Yup. Haley showed herself to be the Moderate wing NEOCON mouthpiece I predicted she was.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Republicans are killing alleged "Border Bill" because they know the Executive will welch on enforcement, like they are already doing.

Bingo.  And by tossing more money at processing asylum hearings in front of Biden-appointed administrative judges, all we may get are more migrants deemed to be here legally.  And that's a crock.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

This border bill is garbage.  Complete and total garbage.  Any time Chuck Schumer threatens us with a war with Russia if we don't pass the bill, you know that the bill represents a huge win for the Democrats.

Besides, hasn't Texas already proven that the border can be sealed with the laws we have now?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Haley clearly got ahead of her skis with this attempt to look "reasonable" because of McConnell withdrawing his support.  Now she's pretty much the only Republican out there supporting this.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Haley clearly got ahead of her skis with this attempt to look "reasonable" because of McConnell withdrawing his support.  Now she's pretty much the only Republican out there supporting this.

LMAO if Lankford votes no.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley