Author Topic: Lieberman to Newsmax: Trump 'Got the Middle East Right'  (Read 228 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Lieberman to Newsmax: Trump 'Got the Middle East Right'
« on: February 05, 2024, 03:42:43 pm »

Lieberman to Newsmax: Trump 'Got the Middle East Right'

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Sunday, 04 February 2024 01:21 PM EST

The Biden administration's Middle East policy has been based on a "mistaken belief that somehow you can trust Iran," while former President Donald Trump "absolutely got the Middle East right," former Sen. Joe Lieberman said on Newsmax Sunday.

President Joe Biden's policy, the Connecticut independent told Newsmax's "Sunday Agenda," is that "you can deal with Iran, or you can defang them diplomatically."

However, one can look at Iran's record since the Khomeini revolution in 1979 to know better and to see that "they are simply untrustworthy."

"More than that, they're violently anti-American and anti-our allies in the Middle East, particularly Israel and our closest Arab countries," said Lieberman. "The president and secretary of state and others keep saying, We don't want to escalate this into a regional conflict. But the reality is, Iran has already escalated it into a regional conflict."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/lieberman-biden-trump/2024/02/04/id/1152218/
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:44:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Lieberman to Newsmax: Trump 'Got the Middle East Right'
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 11:42:50 pm »
"the Connecticut independent..."

Lieberman was NEVER really "an independent".
He was a "democrat" until [I recall] his last re-election.
He was going to be beaten in the democrat primary, so he formed his own "one person" "independent" party to run... and won that way.