General Category > Elections 2024

Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
 Trump mentions Tim Scott, Kristi Noem when asked of VP pick
by Miranda Nazzaro - 02/04/24 11:01 AM ET

Former President Trump on Sunday further fueled speculation over his pick for a 2024 running mate, dropping the names of Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) when asked about who he is favoring.

Trump, in an interview with Fox News “Sunday Morning Futures” anchor Maria Bartiromo, was asked when he will announce his pick for vice president, to which he said, “Not for a while. We have so many great people in the Republican Party, but not for a while.”

Bartiromo further pressed the former president over how he is picking his running mate.

“Always it’s got to be one thing,” Trump said. “It’s got to be who would able to be a good president. I mean, you always have to think that because you know, a civil emergency…things happen right? No matter who you are, things happen. It’s got to be number one. Who’s your enemy.”

He further stated that there is “a lot of good people,” to which Bartiromo asked if Trump has not decided who it is.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4447320-trump-tim-scott-kristi-noem-vp-pick/

libertybele:
Trump reveals criteria for running mate, name drops two top Republicans

Former President Trump revealed his criteria for a running mate on Sunday, but he told Fox News host Maria Bartiromo that he won't announce a vice presidential pick "for a little while."

Trump made the comments in an interview with Bartiromo that aired on "Sunday Morning Futures." He said the most important factor is to ensure his running mate would be able to step up and handle the presidency in the case of an emergency.

From the viewpoint that his VP would be able to handle the presidency, I don't think Scott has the experience needed yet.  Noem, absolutely.

OTH Scott would bring in the Black vote and Noem the female vote.  I'd say he needs the female vote more so than the Black vote.  Not an easy decision.  At least neither of them are a "Pence" type, which is a good thing.

Fishrrman:
No to both of them.

libertybele:
Elon Musk as VP.  Why not??? 

Fishrrman:
bele posts:
"Elon Musk as VP.  Why not??? "

Have to admit, I've been thinking the same.

I DON'T CARE that he isn't "Constitutionally qualified" -- posting before "the proctor posters" put that up.

No one seemed to care about obama being a natural-born citizen (which he ain't).
Or the same with Ted Cruz or Nimarata Haley.
Or kamala (sutra), for that matter.

Mr. Musk (like Mr. Trump) is one of the few public individuals who are speaking frankly in dangerous times.

And how many Congressional Republicans are doing that?
Look at how many in the Senate would have tamely gone along with the "border reform" bill if there hadn't been such public opposition to it.

I'd still like to see Rand Paul or J.D. Vance as "top picks".

But Mr. Musk is nearly as good as any of 'em.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version