Author Topic: Tucker Carlson spotted in Russia, spurs rumors of interview with Putin  (Read 4398 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Tucker Carlson spotted in Russia, spurs rumors of interview with Putin
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2024, 02:41:11 am »
The interview

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1755734526678925682

Very interesting interview and I think it is important to understand the history of Russia and Ukraine. Putin turned over documents to Carlson and to him that is his validation as to what is currently going on.

My other thought, in the back of my mind I kept remembering that Biden gave Zelenskyy/Ukraine $$ before Putin's escalation on Ukraine and Biden also mentioned that he felt that Russia was gong to escalate the war before he did so.  With what Putin says it shines further light on the involvement of the U.S. and the West.

His take on the US/China relations and monetary situation was I believe fairly accurate.

I want to watch the interview again and pay more attention to the history that Putin has laid out.

All in all, a very interesting interview.

The fact that people are accusing Carlson of being a traitor speaks volumes -- it has allowed perhaps some truth from Putin v. what our leaders want us to believe to be told.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2024, 03:40:05 am »
Newsflash:  Putin has no truth.  He's a murderous KGB thug and a sociopathic serial liar.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2024, 04:11:33 am »
Trump just told a crowd he would encourage Putin to attack any NATO members who are behind on their dues. 

He’s all yours, folks.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2024, 10:55:48 am »
Tucker is no traitor, he's a real journalist. He went in the bear's den, talked with the man and let him explain himself, at least at the point I am at in listening to all this (not done yet).

A thought: We figured out a tremendous lot about COVID long before those musings were eventually confirmed, long after being derided as "Conspiracy theorists" and worse, and those were just some of the lies we have been told lately around here. We're a suspicious lot, we don't just accept much  on face value. We rarely make excuses for or contorted explanations justifying that which is either out of line or just not credible. There are an exception or two to that, but on those our ranks remain divided, with someone always willing to pipe up and say " But what about...?

Hearing someone else be interviewed that we may find less than wholly credible does not make the interviewer a liar, nor  a traitor, instead, it exposes the intent and statements of the person being interviewed, in their own words, to be judged by the listener, in light of the past veracity and future exposure of either verifying or refuting information.

Putin has been given a chance to say what he will.
It's on record, thanks to Tucker.

Those who whine about that, well, I guess either they don't think Americans can sort the truth from the dungheap that is modern journalism, or they don't want us to be able to listen to and make up out own minds about the relatively unfiltered statements of people to whom we are supposed to have a knee jerk reaction.

Judge Putin as you will, and for that matter, anyone else Tucker interviews,  but it is stupid to attack the messenger because you don't like the message or its source.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2024, 02:03:32 pm »
Tucker is no traitor, he's a real journalist. He went in the bear's den, talked with the man and let him explain himself, at least at the point I am at in listening to all this (not done yet).

A thought: We figured out a tremendous lot about COVID long before those musings were eventually confirmed, long after being derided as "Conspiracy theorists" and worse, and those were just some of the lies we have been told lately around here. We're a suspicious lot, we don't just accept much  on face value. We rarely make excuses for or contorted explanations justifying that which is either out of line or just not credible. There are an exception or two to that, but on those our ranks remain divided, with someone always willing to pipe up and say " But what about...?

Hearing someone else be interviewed that we may find less than wholly credible does not make the interviewer a liar, nor  a traitor, instead, it exposes the intent and statements of the person being interviewed, in their own words, to be judged by the listener, in light of the past veracity and future exposure of either verifying or refuting information.

Those who whine about that, well, I guess either they don't think Americans can sort the truth from the dungheap that is modern journalism, or they don't want us to be able to listen to and make up out own minds about the relatively unfiltered statements of people to whom we are supposed to have a knee jerk reaction.

Judge Putin as you will, and for that matter, anyone else Tucker interviews,  but it is stupid to attack the messenger because you don't like the message or its source.

Thank you, and well put.  Some deflect, and rather be ostriches with their  heads in the sand.   Englightened folks want to know and hear what our enemies say and think, so they can make their own conclusions or adjust strategies to addrss.    I saw a few comments as outright trolling.  Calling Tucker Carlson a traitor?  They are no better than our liberal democratic enemies.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2024, 02:10:38 pm »
Newsflash:  Putin has no truth.  He's a murderous KGB thug and a sociopathic serial liar.

You realize that if you replace "murderous KGB Thug" with "Internatianal Poltical Corruption  Crime Boss Head", you'd perfectly be describing Biden.

I agree that Putin is a despicable POS, but from the perspective of a daily imminent threat, Biden poses more danger to us and our way of life by far. Putin is a advesary 5000+ miles away, while Biden is systematically destroying the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2024, 02:25:20 pm »
You realize that if you replace "murderous KGB Thug" with "Internatianal Poltical Corruption  Crime Boss Head", you'd perfectly be describing Biden.

No, that's not true.  To my knowledge, Biden has never served in the KGB as a high-ranking officer, personally killed anyone, liaised with the Red Army Faction terrorist group in East Germany, ordered numerous political assassinations, and invaded three countries, destroying cities and killing hundreds of thousands of people.  Biden is just a slimy, corrupt political hack who never had a real job except getting elected and re-elected to office over the decades.

That false comparison grows old.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 02:31:14 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2024, 02:33:05 pm »

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2024, 04:20:44 pm »
No, that's not true.  To my knowledge, Biden has never served in the KGB as a high-ranking officer, personally killed anyone, liaised with the Red Army Faction terrorist group in East Germany, ordered numerous political assassinations, and invaded three countries, destroying cities and killing hundreds of thousands of people.  Biden is just a slimy, corrupt political hack who never had a real job except getting elected and re-elected to office over the decades.

That false comparison
 grows old.

You really ought to read the posts more carefully before commenting and ranting  I very meticulously  said.....

'You realize that if you replace "murderous KGB Thug" with "Internatianal Poltical Corruption  Crime Boss Head", you'd perfectly be describing Biden."

The premises are seperate and independent of each other. But similar that both are wastes of oxygen on earth.. 

OTOH, I do stand by the point that Biden is an bigger imminent danger to us and our lives,

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2024, 04:40:19 pm »
You really ought to read the posts more carefully before commenting and ranting  I very meticulously  said.....

'You realize that if you replace "murderous KGB Thug" with "Internatianal Poltical Corruption  Crime Boss Head", you'd perfectly be describing Biden."

The premises are seperate and independent of each other. But similar that both are wastes of oxygen on earth.. 

OTOH, I do stand by the point that Biden is an bigger imminent danger to us and our lives,

:yowsa: No question about it if you ask me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2024, 06:42:33 pm »
The White House really didn't want anyone to watch the Putin interview.

https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1756634187258298396
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 07:39:32 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto
REPORT: ⚠️ Tucker Carlson Met with Edward Snowden and Joe Biden’s Rape Accuser Tara Reade While in Moscow..

DEVELOPING...  The former Fox News anchor spent several hours on Thursday in a meeting with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.  Although Snowden was frequently featured in the media after escaping to Russia, he has significantly reduced his public appearances lately, stating a wish for more privacy for his family.

Carlson also met with a former Senate aide who later accused President Joe Biden of sexual assault, which he has denied.
10:52 AM · Feb 11, 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2024, 03:16:10 pm »
In the very beginning of this interview Tucker reveals how the government monitored his private texts and emails.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757117841151557943

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2024, 10:50:18 am »
In the very beginning of this interview Tucker reveals how the government monitored his private texts and emails.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1757117841151557943
Interesting interview.

Some things we all know:

The world is a far more complicated place than the Media can generally comprehend, and thus, they cannot present an accurate image of it to us in their few moments of summary.

Such summary, however, is often filtered through individual or institutional bias, and that limited view distorted by the funhouse mirrors of editors, Boards of Directors, advertisers, and even the bias of the target audience, which must hear confirming viewpoints for its biases or it will be selecting another source for its information.

Audience dogma and demagoguery count, and there is a feedback loop in subscriptions and ratings which encourages the reinforcement of that bias by the media, which sets its filters to deliver what wants to be heard by the target audience, until the filters at the top of this top-down distribution will actively censor or just omit anything which conflicts with the accepted orthodoxy of the Narrative.  That bias may even reach the point that demagoguery substitutes for reporting or editorial opinion, and the output reverts to unabashed propaganda.

We have seen this develop on both ends of the political spectrum, and not so much in the middle, because few are as dogmatically neutral as Switzerland or Sweden, at least one of which appears to be suffering the consequences of their social choices of late.
The other has money. Everyone's money.
In this day and age that forms a fortress far stronger than moral neutrality.

Now, some have had some sort of harsh anaphylactic reaction to Tucker Carlson interviewing Putin. I take issue because Tucker is doing his job as he sees it, that of providing information to those who will tune in and watch. Sure, any interview is colored by the questions answered, and some interviews and interviewers take on the ambiance of late night 'infomercials', selling a product more than informing the viewer. Such has been numerous interviews of political figures here at home, and when the answers provided did not fill the bill for the interviewer and their patronage, careful editing could produce results that would vary widely from what went on tape. After all, that editing can make someone look like a genius or a slackjawed twit, and both have been done in the last two decades.

But how else, and what better way to understand at least some of where Putin (or anyone else) is coming from, than to ask him?

Don't put any more spin or filter on it than the interviewee demands, or places, himself. That alone speaks volumes.
Let him/her/(it?) talk.

Give that person the floor, and permit them to expound on the state of the world and their own nation, presuming at least they are expert on their view of the latter, and how they perceive their country's interaction with others.

How else to understand, even if through the initial filters and bias of the person themself, what, why, how, they see the world and their part of/in it?

I have always been a fan of primary sources.
Unlike Biden, Putin seems articulate and perfectly capable of telling us what he thinks, without the filters, the fun house mirrors of strings of commentators, each expounding on second and third derivatives of translations of the original source.

Good on Tucker!

I look forward to more interviews of people not often interviewed by folks from the West, and the look at the unvarnished grain of the opinions and beliefs of leaders and influential people in the world today. This is what journalism should be. Provide the facts, at least as the primary sources see them, and let us make up our own minds.

It is pretty obvious to the student of the last couple of decades, that Russian acquisitions of territory in Georgia, Crimea, and this latest attempt to take the Ukraine, and the Black Sea Coast as far as Odessa (at least) that the eventual end game is control of access to ports on the Black Sea: all of them, and not just the farms, mines, mills, and oilfields of Ukraine. Control the water, control the land, as anything traded from the interior will at some point be moved by ship. Once seafaring countries become landlocked, their economies can be controlled, and ultimately, their politics and populations as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:51:41 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2024, 09:29:20 pm »
Tucker on NSA surveillance: "I got a call from a NYT reporter asking when I was interviewing Putin. And there's no way they could have known that. I didn't tell anybody. They clearly did it again. They leaked it to the NYT in an effort to scuttle the interview."

https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1760031416681640028

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2024, 09:37:30 pm »
Tucker on NSA surveillance: "I got a call from a NYT reporter asking when I was interviewing Putin. And there's no way they could have known that. I didn't tell anybody. They clearly did it again. They leaked it to the NYT in an effort to scuttle the interview."

Or maybe the Russians themselves tipped off the NYTs?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2024, 09:42:00 pm »
Or maybe the Russians themselves tipped off the NYTs?
Could be.  :pondering: