Author Topic: Republicans are going broke, and they can’t blame it on Bidenomics  (Read 977 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans are going broke, and they can’t blame it on Bidenomics
By
Zachary Faria
February 1, 2024 5:02 pm

Donald Trump’s presidency may have seen a good economy for most people, but his candidacy has the GOP in a financial sinkhole.

The Republican National Committee’s 2023 fundraising numbers were its worst since 2013 and its worst adjusting for inflation since 1993. As it turns out, Trump-backed RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel is just as bad at fundraising as she is at winning elections. Meanwhile, in December, the Democratic National Committee reported sitting on the most money it has ever had going into an election year, doubling the RNC’s reported numbers in September and nearly doubling them again in October.

https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1752914377395851642

Meanwhile, Trump’s political machine spent more money in 2023 than it took in. Trump’s Save America PAC spent $46 million on legal fees last year. Make America Great Again PAC and a third group, Make America Great Again Inc., have both also directly and indirectly paid for legal fees and consulting.

In other words, Trump and the RNC are losing the money battle while Trump’s mere presence as the presumptive nominee is already making President Joe Biden more popular, all while a ticking time bomb of a legal situation threatens to torpedo Trump’s polling numbers. Are we seeing the problem here?

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/beltway-confidential/2832340/republicans-are-going-broke-and-they-cant-blame-it-on-bidenomics/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Republicans are going broke, and they can’t blame it on Bidenomics
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 11:52:16 pm »
Trump's Super PAC Is Short on Cash, Burning $50 Million on His Legal Fees
Ben Kew

Donald Trump's political operation is burning through cash and has just $5 million remaining in the bank, according to a report from Mediaite.

Disclosures published online for Trump's Save America PAC reveal that having once had a healthy $100 million war chest, the organization has just $5 million remaining after spending a staggering $25 million on his legal fees in the second half of 2023.

Another Trump-affiliated PAC, Make America Great Again, similarly spent $4 million on the former president's legal fees as he battles numerous state and federal criminal cases brought against him.

Perhaps most concerning, however, is the fact that Trump's fundraising operations are not keeping pace with his current burn rate. In the second half of last year, Save America raised just $6.6 million, equivalent to just one or two months of legal bills.

more
https://redstate.com/benkew/2024/02/01/trumps-super-pac-is-short-on-cash-having-spent-50-million-on-legal-fees-n2169512
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 11:55:23 pm »
This could not only spell bad news for Trump but other Republicans as well. And that's not including the millions of dollars worth of favorable coverage Biden will get from the press

Relying on Democrats staying home in enough numbers like they did in 2016 or hoping things get so bad under Biden that people would vote for Trump out of desperation is not a good strategy

MAGA claims that the Biden era is a repeat of the Carter era. Not quite

Republicans are in for a rough several years
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 12:09:42 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 12:48:27 am »
Are we seeing the problem here?

Saw it in 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2022.  Been pointing this out to Trump zealots for eight years now.  The only thing different now is that what little money the GOP has is going to pay Trump's legal defense bills.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 12:51:06 am »
And the DNC has loads of money to pay groups for ballot harvesting
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 12:53:28 am »
And the DNC has loads of money to pay groups for ballot harvesting

Thanks to trillions and trillions in deficit spending over the last 4 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 04:58:47 pm »
Trump and many of his supporters have openly been trashing the GOP as an organization ever since he first appeared on the political scene.  It shouldn't surprise anyone that the GOP is in trouble financially.

But what is kind of funny is that all these devoted Trumpers can't seem to open their wallets and send him 10 bucks for his campaign. If there are 50 million Trumpers and they each send him $10, that's 500 million.  20 bucks each would be a cool billion.

Hell, I sent Nikki Haley 25 bucks and I can't stand her.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 05:58:55 pm »
The World is not big enough for both the RNC and Trump.  RIP, RNC.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 06:17:25 pm »
Trump and many of his supporters have openly been trashing the GOP as an organization ever since he first appeared on the political scene.  It shouldn't surprise anyone that the GOP is in trouble financially.

But what is kind of funny is that all these devoted Trumpers can't seem to open their wallets and send him 10 bucks for his campaign. If there are 50 million Trumpers and they each send him $10, that's 500 million.  20 bucks each would be a cool billion.

There probably isn’t that many die hard MAGAs as we’ve been led to believe

Barry Goldwater

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 06:47:34 pm »

You got what you paid for.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 07:19:34 pm »
The ramifications of this may go beyond just this election cycle

The Democrat Party being flushed with cash can register new voters, pay for ballot harvesting operations, flood not only the airwave with commercials, but there’s also the campaign literature you get by mail as well

While the Democrats are doing that the Republican party is going to struggle to help Trump with his legal bills

Biden will not be easy to beat. Neither will Donald Trump. But once the election is starts heating up, you’re going to notice the difference between the resources the Democratic Party has vs the resources the Republican Party has

And things not going well and people being unhappy with the direction of the country is not a guarantee loser for an incumbent. FDR was reelected how many times, despite the fact that he prolonged the depression. George W. Bush was reelected, even though people were not happy with the war and his conduct of it. Barack Obama won reelection, despite the fact that people were unhappy with the economy and the state of the country. Macron in France won reelection over Le Pen ,I think it was last year, despite having a job approval rating that matches Joe Biden’s
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:20:33 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2024, 08:07:54 pm »
You got what you paid for.

Exactly.   I got Donald Trump's promise that I cannot be part of MAGA world, and he wants neither my vote nor my money.

Pretty good for $25.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2024, 03:02:38 pm »
Exactly.   I got Donald Trump's promise that I cannot be part of MAGA world, and he wants neither my vote nor my money.

Pretty good for $25.

That is such a winning strategy... Telling people you don't want their vote... NOT!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2024, 03:10:01 pm »
A self-declared billionaire that says he wants to Make America Great Again while asking for money for legal fees really says it all right there. Those who go down that road deserve what they get.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024, 03:12:14 pm »
A self-declared billionaire that says he wants to Make America Great Again while asking for money for legal fees really says it all right there. Those who go down that road deserve what they get.

Only problem is they're taking the rest of us down that path with them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2024, 03:14:01 pm »
Only problem is they're taking the rest of us down that path with them.

Yes. Dig in for a rough ride.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2024, 06:02:51 pm »
Yes. Dig in for a rough ride.

America has survived worse than the Biden Trump rematch

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2024, 06:48:57 pm »

Agreed, this too shall pass and hopefully, the GOP will kick the MAGA charlatans out of the party after the election.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DB

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2024, 07:30:50 pm »

It isn't the rematch.

It is resulting malaise.

Online DB

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2024, 07:33:44 pm »

Agreed, this too shall pass and hopefully, the GOP will kick the MAGA charlatans out of the party after the election.

The MAGA need to learn the errors of their way, not thrown out of the party. For example, stop putting a child-man ahead of all else.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2024, 08:47:55 pm »
The culprit is more Ronna Romney than anyone else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2024, 08:58:07 pm »
The culprit is more Ronna Romney than anyone else.

When it comes to bleeding the RNC dry, yes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2024, 09:28:32 pm »
More like Ronnanomics.
The Republic is lost.