Author Topic: NYC mayor thinks your speech is an ‘environmental’ threat  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC mayor thinks your speech is an ‘environmental’ threat
« on: February 01, 2024, 05:14:54 pm »
 NYC mayor thinks your speech is an ‘environmental’ threat
Opinion by Carl Szabo • 7h

New York City Mayor Eric Adams just classified social media as an "environmental" threat, a move that seems more driven by fear of free speech and information access rather than by genuine concern for public health.

This action isn’t fundamentally about social media; it’s an effort by Adams to deflect from his own legal issues and policy missteps. It also happens that social media is a conduit for citizens to express their concerns or discontent about government policies, which some Democrats seem too keen to want to limit.

The mayor’s Social Media Advisory cites alarming statistics between 2011 and 2021, such as a 42% increase in hopelessness among NYC high schoolers. However, these figures not only fail to directly correlate to social media use, but it’s clear Adams isn’t following "the science."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-mayor-thinks-your-speech-is-an-environmental-threat/ar-BB1hBgyb?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=edd3443039944dc9ab0d39fc23db0da7&ei=50
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYC mayor thinks your speech is an ‘environmental’ threat
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 05:15:59 pm »
 9999what :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: NYC mayor thinks your speech is an ‘environmental’ threat
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 05:28:23 pm »
Anybody who attempts to squelch the free exchange of ideas and freedom of speech either has something to hide or they know their positions cannot be defended
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy