Author Topic: US sees ‘footprints’ of Iran-backed group in Tower 22 drone attack  (Read 140 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US sees ‘footprints’ of Iran-backed group in Tower 22 drone attack
By Colin Demarest
 Jan 30, 11:09 AM

WASHINGTON — A drone strike that killed three U.S. troops and injured dozens more in Jordan could have been executed with a number of airframes but bore the signs of an extremist group with access to Iranian weaponry, according to the U.S. Department of Defense and outside analysts.

While the department investigates what type of drone slipped past air defenses and hit a desert installation known as Tower 22 near Syria, preliminary evidence suggests the attack was the workings of Kataib Hezbollah, according to Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh. The group emerged in the early 2000s and has since been blamed for violence across Iraq.

https://www.defensenews.com/intel-geoint/2024/01/30/us-sees-footprints-of-iran-backed-group-in-tower-22-drone-attack/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US sees ‘footprints’ of Iran-backed group in Tower 22 drone attack
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 04:59:41 pm »
It certainly would be no surprise if Iran were behind it.  On the other hand, if what you want and expect to find something, that is what you will find, and it may not be true.  In the middle east, an attack could come from flying carpets and any of numerous radical Islamic groups.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson