Author Topic: Biden overcomes ‘visceral dislike’ of rival to trash Trump by name  (Read 183 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden overcomes ‘visceral dislike’ of rival to trash Trump by name
By
Rachel Schilke
January 30, 2024 8:31 am

President Joe Biden purposely avoided using former President Donald Trump‘s name for three years, but the Republican’s surge in the polls and dominance in the primaries has caused Biden to change his tune.

After years of referring to Trump as “the other guy” or “my predecessor,” Biden is making a point to say Trump’s name directly — a sign that his campaign is preparing for a general election framed as a choice between protecting and abandoning democracy, rather than a review of Biden’s first term.

Biden has taken a page from his opponent’s playbook, attacking the former president’s character and issuing him a nickname. During a speech in Columbia, South Carolina, on Saturday, Biden said “Trump” 22 times, called him a “loser” twice, and referred to him as “Donald ‘Herbert Hoover’ Trump.” The former president has said he doesn’t want an economic crash on his hands because he doesn’t want to be like the 31st president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2825616/joe-biden-rhetoric-shift-donald-trump-by-name/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden overcomes ‘visceral dislike’ of rival to trash Trump by name
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 02:34:07 pm »
These people need to stop with the “protectors of democracy” label

Would a “protector of democracy” try to appoint a disinformation czar  to monitor what people are saying online?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

Re: Biden overcomes ‘visceral dislike’ of rival to trash Trump by name
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 02:47:45 pm »
'Say my name'..