Author Topic: Biden bounce: Up with Democrats and independents, catching Trump  (Read 1201 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden bounce: Up with Democrats and independents, catching Trump
By
Paul Bedard
January 30, 2024 8:03 am

President Joe Biden appears to have stopped his bleeding in the 2024 election polls, likely helped by indications the economy is also bouncing back.

In a just-released Emerson College Polling survey, the president’s approval rating increased a point to 42%, and his disapproval rating fell 5, to 46% from 51%. His bumbled handling of the border crisis, however, appears to be blocking a bigger poll recovery.

In a head-to-head challenge with his likely election foe, former President Donald Trump, Biden has caught up. In the new survey, Trump has a slight edge, 46%-45%.

“Since December, Trump’s support decreased one point from 47% to 46%, while Biden’s increased two points from 43% to 45%,” the poll analysis said.

The change appears to be due to an increase in support for Biden among independent voters and an improving economic forecast.

“Biden’s approval among independent voters has seen a four-point improvement since December, rising from 33% to 37%,” said Spencer Kimball, executive director of the poll. “Although still underwater, this reflects a positive shift.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2825605/biden-bounce-up-democrats-independents-catching-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden bounce: Up with Democrats and independents, catching Trump
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 02:37:46 pm »
Polls right now do not indicate what’s going to happen in November. If that was the case we would’ve said hello to President Kerry and Carter would’ve won a second term

But the advantage is with Biden. And with Obama and Bill Clinton out there doing fundraisers for him, I see no indication that Biden is going to step down before the election

And incumbent presidents can somewhat affect events in their favor. That’s why it’s hard to beat an incumbent.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 02:46:49 pm »
Our Joe got the name 'The Come back Kid!' when lead his team to victory in the Scranton playoffs.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 04:44:56 pm »
Our Joe got the name 'The Come back Kid!' when lead his team to victory in the Scranton playoffs.
:pondering: I thought it was because when the children ran away from Creepy Joe he yelled 'Come back kid!'  :whistle: I said they were going to get us into a war so that Captain Dementia could be propped up as a war time president, how long will that bounce last when Americans of all stripes realize that this fool is going to get their children killed in another Mideast religious war that we won't win because the democrats haven't had the will to since WWII and always force our soldiers to hold back and die for basically nothing.......well for the furthering of worthless politicians careers and profits for defense industries 9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 04:53:56 pm by GtHawk »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 04:45:44 pm »
:pondering: I thought it was because when the children ran away from Creepy Joe he yelled 'Come back kid!'  :whistle:

000hehehehe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2024, 06:19:49 pm »
Polls right now do not indicate what’s going to happen in November. If that was the case we would’ve said hello to President Kerry and Carter would’ve won a second term

But the advantage is with Biden. And with Obama and Bill Clinton out there doing fundraisers for him, I see no indication that Biden is going to step down before the election

And incumbent presidents can somewhat affect events in their favor. That’s why it’s hard to beat an incumbent.

But according to idiots like Charlie Kirk, we don't need them. People like Jose and Jamal are going to vote MAGA.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2024, 07:12:14 pm »
Trump supporters have made it crystal clear for the last eight years that they don't need Conservative votes.  So I don't understand what the problem here is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 07:23:08 pm »
Trump supporters have made it crystal clear for the last eight years that they don't need Conservative votes.  So I don't understand what the problem here is.

They've been pretty clear that they don't want the support of anyone who isn't MAGA.  Then they'll complain about a stolen election when traditional conservatives and moderate Republican take them at their word in November.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 07:35:06 pm »
Nonsense. Just Leftist propaganda nonsense. They said this and more about Hillary. Hillary had a 95.9% chance of winning right up to election day according to the Global Media Cabal.

Expect to see headlines just like this one for the next 9 months.

BIDEN SURGING WITH GROUNDROOTS SUPPORT!
BLACK SUPPORT FOR BIDEN EXPLODING!
HISPANICS YELLING "SI SE PUEDE" FOR BIDEN!

This will be a nonstop media blitz all the way up to the election.
But ... we have seen this movie before. We know how it ends.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024, 07:46:32 pm »

Yep.  We sure do.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2024, 08:47:55 pm »

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 09:12:19 pm »
Nonsense. Just Leftist propaganda nonsense. They said this and more about Hillary. Hillary had a 95.9% chance of winning right up to election day according to the Global Media Cabal.

Expect to see headlines just like this one for the next 9 months.

BIDEN SURGING WITH GROUNDROOTS SUPPORT!
BLACK SUPPORT FOR BIDEN EXPLODING!
HISPANICS YELLING "SI SE PUEDE" FOR BIDEN!

This will be a nonstop media blitz all the way up to the election.

I'm still waiting for Joe to resign.  The headlines will then become more interesting.  :pop41:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 09:19:02 pm »

Yep.  We sure do.

Well sure. If the Dems shut down all the vote counting stations at 3a.m. with Trump well ahead. Then kick out all the observers, black out all the windows, and start delivering truckloads of ballots. Jesus Christ couldn't win in that situation, nobody could.

You're right. If the Democrats get away with the same open blatant fraud that they did last election, and no court in the country would even hear evidence of fraud. Then it doesn't matter who is running against Biden. Trump has nothing to do with it. The Democrat will ALWAYS win.

Nobody was more pissed off about the last election than Hillary. She was screaming and pulling her hair out that they did not do all of that for her.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024, 09:30:41 pm »
Well sure. If the Dems shut down all the vote counting stations at 3a.m. with Trump well ahead. Then kick out all the observers, black out all the windows, and start delivering truckloads of ballots. Jesus Christ couldn't win in that situation, nobody could.

You're right. If the Democrats get away with the same open blatant fraud that they did last election, and no court in the country would even hear evidence of fraud. Then it doesn't matter who is running against Biden. Trump has nothing to do with it. The Democrat will ALWAYS win.

Nobody was more pissed off about the last election than Hillary. She was screaming and pulling her hair out that they did not do all of that for her.

Exactly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2024, 09:32:57 pm »
I've seen a lot of Biden falls that ended with a splat, but never one that ended with a bounce **nononono*

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 09:54:29 pm »

Is there a single thing that Trump or his buddy Ronna have done over the last four years to prevent that from happening again?  Anything?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 10:30:03 pm »

Is there a single thing that Trump or his buddy Ronna have done over the last four years to prevent that from happening again?  Anything?
The Democrat fascists are 100% in favor of fraud. The FEC is almost entirely a Democrat run organization. The courts prefer to stick their heads in the sand and hide, as do Republicans. Trump has very few actual friends in power, and the friends who do try to fight for him are usually arrested, sued, and jailed.

The Democrats had a goal since the last election (Trump)blowout to make supporting Trump or anything Trump stands for actually illegal, with arrest and jail. They have been incredibly successful in achieving their goal of dictatorial one party rule. I do not know if there is anyone in D.C. who is brave enough to cross the Democrats by supporting new real actual Fair Election Laws. The last thing that can be said of Democrats is that they play fair. The opposite. Democrats are utterly vicious and out for blood. They will destroy you and your entire family if you dare stand up to them. And they do not give a single damn about "the law".

Answer to your question is, I don't know what can be done. <- and that is exactly how the Democrats like it

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2024, 05:43:24 pm »

Except for the Orange Crybaby failed to make the case.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2024, 08:26:14 pm »

But according to idiots like Charlie Kirk, we don't need them.

Charlie must think that a vote gets a bonus if it is cast by a MAGA true believer.  Non-MAGA votes for Trump only count as 0.5 votes, but MAGA votes count as 2.0 votes.  So Trump doesn't need any votes from folks who aren't MAGA.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2024, 04:54:10 pm »
Charlie must think that a vote gets a bonus if it is cast by a MAGA true believer.  Non-MAGA votes for Trump only count as 0.5 votes, but MAGA votes count as 2.0 votes.  So Trump doesn't need any votes from folks who aren't MAGA.

I don't think that Charlie doesn't believe the crap that he is spewing.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2024, 05:04:43 pm »

Except for the Orange Crybaby failed to make the case.
What case? The Big Orange Retarded Scary Monster who make Liberals shit themselves i.e., (lawyers representing voters), never got to make a case.
Pence fell in line with the Democrats and no court would even hear the arguments.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2024, 03:37:17 pm »
What case? The Big Orange Retarded Scary Monster who make Liberals shit themselves i.e., (lawyers representing voters), never got to make a case.
Pence fell in line with the Democrats and no court would even hear the arguments.

Sorry but Pence was doing one thing, he was doing what THE CONSTITUTION required him to do!  End of Story!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2024, 03:50:19 pm »

Sorry but Pence was doing one thing, he was doing what THE CONSTITUTION required him to do!  End of Story!
Yep ... very good. You are quoting the Deep-State line. You are saying what you have been trained to say.
Good Boy! Now you get your Scooby Snack treat.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2024, 03:57:04 pm »
Biden bounce: Up with Democrats and independents, catching Trump
By
Paul Bedard
January 30, 2024 8:03 am

President Joe Biden appears to have stopped his bleeding in the 2024 election polls, likely helped by indications the economy is also bouncing back.

In a just-released Emerson College Polling survey, the president’s approval rating increased a point to 42%, and his disapproval rating fell 5, to 46% from 51%. His bumbled handling of the border crisis, however, appears to be blocking a bigger poll recovery.

In a head-to-head challenge with his likely election foe, former President Donald Trump, Biden has caught up. In the new survey, Trump has a slight edge, 46%-45%.

“Since December, Trump’s support decreased one point from 47% to 46%, while Biden’s increased two points from 43% to 45%,” the poll analysis said.

The change appears to be due to an increase in support for Biden among independent voters and an improving economic forecast.

“Biden’s approval among independent voters has seen a four-point improvement since December, rising from 33% to 37%,” said Spencer Kimball, executive director of the poll. “Although still underwater, this reflects a positive shift.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2825605/biden-bounce-up-democrats-independents-catching-trump/

Thing is though, that Trump has a more than slight electoral college advantage, Joe needs to be beating Trump by like greater than 2% to beat him. Remember that Hillary won the popular vote in 2016 and still lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2024, 04:48:16 pm »

You're right- Pence did exactly what he was required to do under the law. A lot of people believe otherwise because they've bought into the LIE that Congress did not hear and vote upon the objections to the election, when they very clearly did. But that's a lie that refuses to die because the people propagating it are either ignorant of the actual facts, or deliberately trying to deceive others.