Author Topic: Wildest dream: Biden is eyeing a huge celebrity surrogate — Taylor Swift  (Read 1535 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wildest dream: Biden is eyeing a huge celebrity surrogate — Taylor Swift
By
Rachel Schilke
January 29, 2024 8:23 am

President Joe Biden is looking to revitalize his campaign with new, young energy as his disapproval ratings sit at historic lows and his likely opponent, former President Donald Trump, continues to soar in the Republican primaries.

One of Biden’s new targets to find a fresh new feel for his reelection bid could be an endorsement from one of the nation’s biggest stars — Taylor Swift.

Biden aides are drafting lists of possible donors, supporters, and endorsers, and they’ve drawn a blank space for celebrities such as Swift, who was the first artist to see a tour gross over $1 billion, with 4.35 million tickets sold across 60 tour dates in 2023.

Democratic allies and lawmakers are worried about Biden’s chances of reaching voting blocs who are trending away from the president, particularly young, black, and Latino voters. Biden won young voters in 2020 by 20 percentage points but now is tied with Trump, as those voters continue to be pessimistic over Biden’s age, support for Israel, and the economy.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2823164/biden-campaign-seeks-taylor-swift-endorsement-revitalize-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Taylor Swift Could Impact Outcome of 2024 Presidential Election: Poll

A new poll shows that Taylor Swift could impact the outcome of this year’s presidential election, with 18 percent of voters saying they’re “more likely” or “significantly more likely” to vote for a candidate endorsed by Swift.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/01/29/taylor-swift-could-impact-outcome-of-2024-presidential-election-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Could the GOP use AI to have Taylor Swift sing a breakup song about "Lyin' Ol' Joe (Biden)"?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

A new poll shows that Taylor Swift could impact the outcome of this year’s presidential election, with 18 percent of voters saying they’re “more likely” or “significantly more likely” to vote for a candidate endorsed by Swift.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/01/29/taylor-swift-could-impact-outcome-of-2024-presidential-election-poll/

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.

Alice Cooper
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 07:51:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Polly Ticks

That is absolutely pathetic.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline rustynail

'find a fresh new feel'...that's Our Joe.

Offline LMAO

'find a fresh new feel'...that's Our Joe.

She’s too old to interest him
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

She’s too old to interest him
He'd still sniff her. He'll sniff anyone.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.

Alice Cooper

:beer: :beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I still cannot name one song by Ms. Swift, nor am I able to associate her voice as anyone recognizable to me...

Offline roamer_1

Re: Wildest dream: Biden is eyeing a huge celebrity surrogate — Taylor Swift
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 11:28:23 pm »
Shut up and sing.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 12:57:04 pm »
Yes, I'm sure she's an idol of brainless Democrats.

412Watchman
@dawatchman
They are saying that she may take a private jet from her concert in Tokyo to make the Superbowl. Her era concert tour has one of the largest carbon footprints ever, but climate zealots in the democrat party don't seem to have much of a problem with all of that.
7:21 AM · Jan 30, 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 03:10:02 pm »
I watched an interview with Taylor and her Mom and Dad.  Not sure how old it is, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but she really hates Marsha Blackburn and Trump.  IIRC Her father tried to convince her to keep her views to herself for her own safety.

She should follow Micheal Jordan's lead and remember that both sides of the political spectrum buy shoes (and her music) too.  Stay out of this mess young lady and sing. Don't go full Springsteen. No one should ever go full Springsteen.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2024, 04:19:13 pm »
Yes, I'm sure she's an idol of brainless Democrats.

412Watchman
@dawatchman
They are saying that she may take a private jet from her concert in Tokyo to make the Superbowl. Her era concert tour has one of the largest carbon footprints ever, but climate zealots in the democrat party don't seem to have much of a problem with all of that.
7:21 AM · Jan 30, 2024

All while preaching against fossil fuels

I’ve got relatives that are the same way

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2024, 04:30:12 pm »
I still cannot name one song by Ms. Swift, nor am I able to associate her voice as anyone recognizable to me...

If you are a casual FM radio listener, you are familiar with her music, and it's garbage. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 04:43:50 pm »
If you are a casual FM radio listener, you are familiar with her music, and it's garbage.

We have two good FM classic rock stations here, and like @Fishrrman, I wouldn’t know any of her songs

Barry Goldwater

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2024, 05:18:45 pm »
No. If she has any business sense at all, Swift will run fast and far from Biden or ANY political commitment. Politics has caused the crashing downfall of so many celebrities. She should learn from that. Moreover, I seriously doubt her agents, publicity managers, and financial advisors would allow her to self immolate herself on the alter of some senile 81 year old White guy from the 1940s.

Democrats may imply and outright lie that she is working for their team. But Swift herself will never get involved personally in any meaningful way with any campaign. It would be a suicidal decision. Since she is already on the tippy-top of her career, the only way she can go is down. There is tons of risk with no potential gain of anything at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2024, 05:38:22 pm »
I watched an interview with Taylor and her Mom and Dad.  Not sure how old it is, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but she really hates Marsha Blackburn and Trump.  IIRC Her father tried to convince her to keep her views to herself for her own safety.

She should follow Micheal Jordan's lead and remember that both sides of the political spectrum buy shoes (and her music) too.  Stay out of this mess young lady and sing. Don't go full Springsteen. No one should ever go full Springsteen.

What she could do is simply a neutral "get out and vote" campaign, without endorsing a candidate.  Just by virtue of the demographics of her fan base - single women - that alone could be a huge boost for Biden.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2024, 07:26:57 pm »
I don't listen to the radio except while driving, and it's strictly classic rock. Thankfully, no Taylor Swift.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2024, 07:41:58 pm »
Out of curiosity I looked her songs up on YouTube and picked one at random and a few seconds in one word came to mind (maybe it was 32, but who's counting?) -
vapid
insipid
uninspired
colorless
uninteresting
feeble
flat
dead
dull
boring
tedious
tired
unexciting
uninspiring
unimaginative
lifeless
spiritless
sterile
anemic
tame
bloodless
jejune
vacuous
bland
stale
trite
pallid
wishy-washy
watery
tasteless
flavorless
zestless
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2024, 07:50:53 pm »

Those are mainly just dumbassed Gen-Zilchers and Millennials.  They’re brain-damaged and will vote democrat anyway, so consider it a wash.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2024, 08:08:00 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E

This is listed on the internet as her 'greatest hit'.
Teenage pablum. Teenage girl fantasies. I am way too old for this kind of cookie cutter music.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2024, 08:10:13 pm »
This is listed on the internet as her 'greatest hit'.
Teenage pablum. Teenage girl fantasies. I am way too old for this kind of cookie cutter music.
Ugh. I couldn't get through 30 seconds of it. Some Allman Brothers, stat!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2024, 08:15:50 pm »
I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs.  Thankfully....

I didn't think so either, but then I researched about a dozen of her top hits on youtube. 
Suddenly I noticed it everywhere --- at the mall, in restaurants, at the airport, on every "mix" station, in commercials, on TV shows, movie trailers, overloud headphones, in the lobby downstairs, passing by a karaoke bar.  Her garbage is omnipresent, like an audial toothache.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 08:20:14 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2024, 08:16:01 pm »
Ugh. I couldn't get through 30 seconds of it. Some Allman Brothers, stat!

Yes, please.  Somebody cue up "Whipping Post"!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra