Author Topic: We Need to Defend Our Borders; Evidently Our Language Too  (Read 239 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We Need to Defend Our Borders; Evidently Our Language Too
« on: January 29, 2024, 12:40:12 pm »
We Need to Defend Our Borders; Evidently Our Language Too
January 25, 2024

Science fiction writer Philip K. Dick once observed that, “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words.” He didn’t live long enough to witness the semantic erosion, nor the deliberate attempt to distort the connotations of all words associated with immigration. Nonetheless, it’s been a devious tactic of the mass immigration lobby to influence public opinion, evident to anyone following the debate.

The first casualty of this war on rational limits on immigration and the English language, of course, was “illegal alien” – a term well defined in 8 U.S.C. § 1101 that was replaced by the advocacy network, and the complicit media, with “undocumented immigrant” which is on two accounts a misnomer. “Undocumented” dismisses any required legal status. “Immigrant” is also inaccurate because that implies someone was legally admitted in the country, which is not the case when sneaking under the fence at 3:00 am in Eagle Pass, Texas. Moreover, the term was, and still is, offensive to immigrants coming to America using the proper channels.  “Undocumented workers” was another variation, similarly inaccurate given that Title 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(a)(1)(A) “makes it unlawful for any person or other entity to hire, recruit, or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien.”

10 million or so people have illegally crossed our unsecured borders since this administration came into office, including 317 individuals on the Terror Watch List.  No worries though because this is now known as “irregular” immigration – irregular like that discounted pair of pants you may have bought which is sort of okay because it had a barely noticeable defect, but was a lot cheaper. This term has been promoted by the European Union, NATO, and the U.S. State Department in recent months.  It’s “catchy” and MSNBC, NBC, ABC, the Washington Post, and the New York Times really like it.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/01/25/we-need-defend-our-borders-evidently-our-language-too
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: We Need to Defend Our Borders; Evidently Our Language Too
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 10:19:03 pm »
"Borders", "language", "culture"... and whether you like it or not... "race".