Author Topic: Biden pledges to sign ‘toughest and fairest’ border reforms ‘ever’  (Read 879 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden pledges to sign ‘toughest and fairest’ border reforms ‘ever’
By
Christian Datoc
January 26, 2024 6:40 pm

President Joe Biden weighed in himself Friday evening on the drama surrounding the Senate‘s Ukraine-immigration deal, claiming the legislation represents the “toughest and fairest set of reforms to secure the border we’ve ever had in our country.”

Biden’s comments come as the White House has repeatedly criticized House Republicans and former President Donald Trump for “getting in the way” of negotiations in the Senate.

“For too long, we all know the border’s been broken. It’s long past time to fix it,” Biden wrote in a statement. “That’s why two months ago, I instructed my team to begin negotiations with a bipartisan group of Senators to seriously, and finally, address the border crisis. For weeks now that’s what they’ve done. Working around the clock, through the holidays, and over weekends.”

“What’s been negotiated would – if passed into law – be the toughest and fairest set of reforms to secure the border we’ve ever had in our country,” he continued. “It would give me, as President, a new emergency authority to shut down the border when it becomes overwhelmed. And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law.”

Biden reiterated his calls for Congress to approve the supplemental funding request he submitted in October 2023, which he claims would yield “an additional 1,300 border patrol agents, 375 immigration judges, 1,600 asylum officers, and over 100 cutting-edge inspection machines to help detect and stop fentanyl at our southwest border.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2821716/biden-sign-ukraine-border-package-toughest-fairest/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Somehow I think the word 'fairness' means something different to Joe than it does to me. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden's idea of fairness is the Government confiscating my earnings and savings to be redistributed to newly imported Dem voters and cheap laborers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Somehow I think the word 'fairness' means something different to Joe than it does to me.

Perhaps

But it’s also a sign that he’s definitely feeling the heat from his broken border policy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline libertybele

Are you calling him a lying dog-faced pony soldier?  :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Bill Melugin
@BillMelugin_
CBP source tells me there were 6,600+ migrant encounters at the border yesterday.
Hypothetically, if this Senate deal was law right now, the border would see a “mandatory shut down” today (triggered by 5,000 threshold) and Border Patrol would be required to immediately remove any illegal immigrants they apprehend - no processing, no asylum requests, doesn’t matter if they’re on U.S. soil, they’re being removed mandatorily, and this would not stop until 2 weeks of average encounters below average of 3,750 per day. And regardless of the threshold, all single adults would be mandatorily detained.

(These details per my convo w/ source familiar w/ the deal last night).

These details have angered both immigration activists, and conservatives. Sign of a compromise?
4:14 PM · Jan 27, 2024

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1751343667950895549
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Endorses Senate Deal to Expand Immigration: ‘I Will Sign It’

President Joe Biden has endorsed a Senate deal to hugely expand immigration to the United States, saying he “will sign it” if it is passed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/01/27/joe-biden-endorses-senate-deal-expand-immigration-i-will-sign-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34