Author Topic: breaking- Jury finds Trump should pay $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll  (Read 5058 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: breaking- Jury finds Trump should pay $83.3 million to E. Jean Carroll
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2024, 01:11:32 am »
I was thinking, with this whole Trump fiasco, maybe just maybe we should reexamine how useful Talk Radio is nowadays. I mean they are the ones who want Trump. They are the ones who pushed and still pushing Trump.

I'm talking about Beck, Levin, Hannity, Bongino, and others...

Personally I think it is time to kick them out.

@kevindavis007

Ah think weeze auttta take them out an shoot them!

Yeah,THAT's thu tickit!

Hoo da hell sports all dat "free speech stuff",anyhow? A buncha commies,dats hoo!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2024, 01:13:22 am »
Same here.

@LMAO

The only one I ever listed to was Rush Limbaugh,and that was only  a couple of times,and mostly because he was witty and funny,while saying things everybody else was thinking,but not saying in public.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2024, 01:14:54 am »
@LMAO

The only one I ever listed to was Rush Limbaugh,and that was only  a couple of times,and mostly because he was witty and funny,while saying things everybody else was thinking,but not saying in public.

I liked Rush, also

I used to enjoy those Paul Shanklin songs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 01:15:51 am »
You're right, and I ain't saying otherwise.
But this may be a play.

Inept lawyering, allowing a ridiculous judgement, and stupendously absurd fine...
Ripe ground on appeal. Step away from the regimented liberal leaning local jurisdiction, and his appeal becomes a slam-dunk.
They gave him both barrels and he let em. It's so obviously unfair and absurd.

Or it is what it is, and he is that inept.

@roamer_1

I doubt the lawyers behind this even care if they lose at the appeal because the whole thing is build around trying to keep  him out of office.

Not that they would turn the money down,of course. After all,they ARE lawyers,and "money equals reality" for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2024, 01:19:40 am »
Trump’s ineptitude is what led to a spectacularly poor result.  He and his team could not have played this worse if they tried.  Furthermore, it looks like the same clueless attorneys will handle the appeal in the 2nd circuit, which is primarily democrat.  If he continues to yap, he could face yet another lawsuit by the same plaintiff.

@cato potatoe

What gets him more sympathy and support,losing a ridiculous lawsuit like that and having to blasted across the media all over the free world,or winning the suit by having it dismissed?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2024, 01:35:47 am »
@roamer_1

I doubt the lawyers behind this even care if they lose at the appeal because the whole thing is build around trying to keep  him out of office.

Not that they would turn the money down,of course. After all,they ARE lawyers,and "money equals reality" for them.

HIS lawyers are the point @sneakypete
His representation is awful.
maybe purposefully awful, being my point.
They gave it up to the liberal court with a pretty ribbon.

Either that's a play, or he is that stupid.
I don't know which.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2024, 01:45:43 am »
What gets him more sympathy and support,losing a ridiculous lawsuit like that and having to blasted across the media all over the free world,or winning the suit by having it dismissed?

It depends who you’re dealing with.  Trump disciples only see it as validation of their victimhood status: woe is us, everthang is upside down.  A few of the libs actually believe this crazy woman.  The rest of us chalk it up to rank incompetence, blowing a winnable case by missing deadlines, misunderstanding basic court procedures, and zero client discipline.  The next nine months will be more of the same.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 01:53:56 am by cato potatoe »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2024, 01:50:07 am »
@cato potatoe

There's the play... The smart play would be both ways...
Lose with a huge, ridiculous judgement...
So he can whine and cry and throw dirt in the air.
Get plenty of press playing against him...
David and Goliath style...
Then bring the A game to the appeal
and win.

Offline DB

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2024, 02:54:31 am »
Either that's a play, or he is that stupid.
I don't know which.

He knows better than his lawyers... So no one competent wants to represent him.

So the latter...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2024, 03:01:53 am »
There's the play... The smart play would be both ways...
Lose with a huge, ridiculous judgement...
So he can whine and cry and throw dirt in the air.
Get plenty of press playing against him...
David and Goliath style...
Then bring the A game to the appeal
and win.

@roamer_1

YUP!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2024, 03:05:27 am »

So the latter...

The flip-side of that is how does such an imbecile amass billions?
That's a tough ask.

Offline DB

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2024, 04:18:43 am »
The flip-side of that is how does such an imbecile amass billions?
That's a tough ask.

Being a politician with everything public his ego is in the game more than ever. So he may have let is lawyers do their job in the past when it was behind the scenes. But out in the open he has to prove he's in charge and smarter than everyone else.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2024, 04:21:31 am »
Being a politician with everything public his ego is in the game more than ever. So he may have let is lawyers do their job in the past when it was behind the scenes. But out in the open he has to prove he's in charge and smarter than everyone else.

And it’s red meat for his base. He can be seen as the victim
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2024, 01:12:10 pm »

So the latter...

Trump is the smartest man in the room.  Just ask him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2024, 04:09:16 pm »
January 27, 2024
The E. Jean Carroll case against Trump shows our morally corrupt legal system
By Andrea Widburg

The headline is that a jury awarded E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million in her defamation claim against Donald Trump. What’s behind the headline is infinitely more important, for it shows how America’s leftist-run judicial system works.

I should explain that I come with a strong bias to this matter. I worked as a litigator for almost thirty years in the San Francisco Bay Area. That experience left me with an abiding hatred for leftist judges.

They routinely showed themselves to be disinterested in law and facts. Instead, they used their powerful positions to dispense “justice”—only their idea of “justice” was whatever comported with leftist ideology. That meant that landlords lost, banks lost, insurance companies lost, and anyone else whom the judges didn’t like lost—and they lost for dishonest reasons. I never minded losing a case I knew was weak; I resented losing a good case, and I became conservative for that reason.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/01/the_e_jean_carroll_case_against_trump_shows_our_morally_corrupt_legal_system.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2024, 04:44:43 pm »
Trump-Carroll Judge Was ‘Mentor’ to E. Jean’s Lawyer, Conflict of Interest Appeal Expected.

Donald Trump’s legal team is set to use a previously undisclosed “conflict of interest” as grounds for appealing a recent verdict that orders the former president to pay advice columnist E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million. Trump attorney Alina Habba told the New York Post she was previously unaware that Manhattan federal Judge Lewis Kaplan, who presided over the case, worked with Roberta Kaplan, Carroll’s attorney, at the Paul Weiss Rifkin, Wharton & Garrison law firm in the early 1990s. Habba says neither the judge nor Roberta Kaplan revealed this professional history. “It was never disclosed.

It’s insane and so incestuous,” Habba said, asserting the non-disclosure counts as an ethics violation. Early in her career, Roberta worked as an associate at the firm during the same period as Judge Kaplan, who was a partner until his 1994 appointment to the federal bench by then-President Bill Clinton.

A representative for Roberta Kaplan, Zak Sawyer, said no conflict of interest exists because Roberta never worked directly for Kaplan, a defense undermined by an unnamed ex-partner at the firm, who told the Post, “Lew [Lewis Kaplan] was like her mentor.”

https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/01/28/trump-carroll-judge-was-mentor-to-e-jeans-lawyer-conflict-of-interest-appeal-expected/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2024, 04:46:09 pm »
So, what if it wasn't revealed?  He should have recused himself to begin with.  Can't Trump sue the judge for malpractice; about $82 million would be a good number?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 04:48:29 pm by rangerrebew »
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2024, 09:23:32 pm »
On MSNBC, Nikki Haley expresses her support for the E. Jean Carroll verdict. Reid Hoffman funded the E. Jean Carroll lawsuit and is currently bankrolling the presidential campaign for Nikki Haley.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1751667997024948490

Rising serpent 🇺🇸
@rising_serpent
Don't expect MSNBC hag to ask brown Hillary Clinton why she's being funded by the same guy bankrolling a more retarded version of Blasey-Ford. Or why Carroll has the same lawyer as Ashley Biden. Or why the judge was Carroll's lawyer's "mentor"when they worked at the same law firm
3:55 PM · Jan 28, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2024, 02:03:28 pm »
John LeFevre
@JohnLeFevre
I thought everyone knew the E. Jean Carroll vs Trump case was bogus, until I heard my mother's (late 60s Republican) uninformed take on the verdict after watching ABC Nightly News.

It's hard to find on Google, so here's what you need to know about E. Jean Carroll, most of which was deemed "inadmissible" by the judge:

- She couldn't recall the date, month, season, or year the incident happened
- She never told anyone about it, despite being publicly obsessed with her own sexuality
- The dress she claims to have been wearing didn't exist at the time
- Her description of the dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman was inaccurate, making her sequence of events impossible
- Her lawsuit was bankrolled by Jeffrey Epstein pal and Democrat (and Nikki Haley) mega-donor Reid Hoffman
- Democrats created a law (The Adult Survivors Act in 2022) to enable her lawsuit to proceed
- Her accusation is the exact plotline of an episode of Law & Order (one of her "favorite shows")
- Trump's Apprentice was also one of her favorite shows
- She has a history of falsely accusing men of r*pe, including Les Moonves
- She told Anderson Cooper, "most people think of r*pe as being sexy. Think of the fantasies."
- She made a career promoting promiscuity, even writing glowingly of sexual assault and naming her cat Vagina
11:16 PM · Jan 26, 2024

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2024, 03:24:24 pm »
I had no clue she was such a nut case.

She is a nutcase. And she does have a lot of credibility issues.

The problem Trump has is that he has over 25 different women who have accused him of being sexually inappropriate or assaults and he’s also on tape boasting about how he can grab women by their privates. That probably doesn’t help his credibility, either.

But  the judgement seems a little bit much for something that we don’t even know if it really happened or not

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 03:37:06 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2024, 03:30:43 pm »
But  the settlement seems a little bit much for something that we don’t even know if it really happened or not
Are we talking about a "settlement," or a judgment against Trump from a biased judge? I don't believe Trump agree to pay this lunatic a penny.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2024, 03:36:31 pm »
Are we talking about a "settlement," or a judgment against Trump from a biased judge? I don't believe Trump agree to pay this lunatic a penny.

My bad

It was not a settlement you’re right.

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2024, 12:55:24 pm »
Carroll plans huge shopping spree. Her attorneys cringe.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1752175077939151149

Offline American Girl

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2024, 01:38:05 pm »
Sexual assault victims don’t usually respond like this.
This just proves to everyone (again) that this wasn’t a serious case.

It was a scam from the start and it was damaging to real victims of rąpe who will now be less believed.

Democrats are proving how they’ll fake anything in order to slander someone.

It’s backfiring.

https://www.rightjournalism.com/video-e-jean-carroll-reveals-what-she-will-do-with-trumps-money-after-jury-awards-her-83-3-million/

Offline Mod2

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2024, 01:50:51 pm »
topics merged