Author Topic: THE M1A3 ABRAMS AND THE UPCOMING WESTERN TANKS OF THE FUTURE  (Read 250 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE M1A3 ABRAMS AND THE UPCOMING WESTERN TANKS OF THE FUTURE
« on: January 26, 2024, 03:18:04 pm »
THE M1A3 ABRAMS AND THE UPCOMING WESTERN TANKS OF THE FUTURE
GEAR & TECH
BY STAVROS ATLAMAZOGLOU
JANUARY 25, 2024

Main battle tanks are playing an important role in the war in Ukraine, and although there have been no major tank battles, as in wars past, both sides have relied on tanks to enable their large-scale offensives or ensure the success of their defensive efforts.

Events from the ground in Ukraine substantiate the efforts of many militaries to improve their tank arsenals.

Many countries are developing or looking to develop a next-generation main battle tank for the conflicts of the future.

The United States military is working on the M1A3 Abrams, ditching an updated version of the M1A2 for a new, more advanced tank. Across the pond, the United Kingdom is planning to replace the aging Challenger 2 with Challenger 3. In mainland Europe, France and Germany have joined hands in the Main Ground Combat System (MGCS) program to replace their Leclerc and Leopard 2 main battle tanks.

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/the-m1a3-abrams-and-its-western-competition/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: THE M1A3 ABRAMS AND THE UPCOMING WESTERN TANKS OF THE FUTURE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 03:18:31 pm »
It is eco-friendly, isn't it? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson