Author Topic: Casting call: 'Outright auditions' playing out as VP hopefuls try to co-star on Trump's 2024 ticket  (Read 2436 times)

Offline corbe

RFK Jr. says Trump team reached out about VP spot

By Luke Gentile
January 29, 2024 12:13 pm

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said he would not accept the vice presidential spot on former President Donald Trump’s 2024 ticket, despite already having been approached by Trump’s team.

“I would not take that job,” Kennedy, 70, said in a recent interview with NewsNation. “I’m flattered that President Trump would offer to me, but it’s not something that I’m interested in.”

The idea of a Trump-Kennedy ticket had been floated by the Trump campaign, according to Kennedy.

@ChristianM_74
·
Follow
BREAKING: Robert Kennedy Jr. says that members of President Trump’s team did ask him to be Trump’s Vice President for his second administration.
“People from the team have reached out to me,” Kennedy said.

RFK Jr. also stated, “I’m flattered President Trump would offer (that) to… Show more

1:58 AM · Jan 29, 2024

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2823613/rfk-jr-says-trump-team-reached-out-about-vp-spot/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

RFK Jr. says Trump team reached out about VP spot

By Luke Gentile
January 29, 2024 12:13 pm

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said he would not accept the vice presidential spot on former President Donald Trump’s 2024 ticket, despite already having been approached by Trump’s team.

“I would not take that job,” Kennedy, 70, said in a recent interview with NewsNation. “I’m flattered that President Trump would offer to me, but it’s not something that I’m interested in.”

The idea of a Trump-Kennedy ticket had been floated by the Trump campaign, according to Kennedy.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2823613/rfk-jr-says-trump-team-reached-out-about-vp-spot/

That “tweet” and article are inaccurate. The Trump team did reach out to Kennedy for talks on the subject but it never got anywhere near to being an “invitation” for the VP job. Most likely they wanted to talk cabinet positions…HHS perhaps.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hoodat

But Mr Trump should delay announcing his choice for as long as possible,
to keep everyone competing with one another to seek his blessing. [/size]

So this has nothing to do with ideals, ability, merit, or leadership.  It's only about who can suck up to Trump the best.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

So this has nothing to do with ideals, ability, merit, or leadership.  It's only about who can suck up to Trump the best.

It is and always has been.