Author Topic: Report: Megadonors to Drop Nikki Haley Before South Carolina Primary  (Read 240 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Megadonors to Drop Nikki Haley Before South Carolina Primary

Wendell Husebø 25 Jan 2024

The donor class began to cut off all future funding of former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s campaign after she lost the critical Republican primary in New Hampshire, multiple advisers to political megadonors told the Washington Post Wednesday.

The desertions represent the beginning of the end for Haley’s ability to remain in the race. Haley was the donor class’s choice candidate to block former President Donald Trump, but after his historic victories in Iowa and New Hampshire, Haley’s financial backers apparently see the writing on the wall.

Democrat billionaire donor Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, paused donations to pro-Haley PACs. “We invested in Governor Haley when we thought she had a shot of winning. I’d need to see a new case, with new evidence, to persuade me that more money could help her win now,” Hoffman adviser Dmitri Mehlhorn told the Wall Street Journal.

Metal magnate Andy Sabin also ended his financial support for the former South Carolina governor. “You have to know when to hold them. You got to know when to fold them. You got to know when to walk away. It’s time for Nikki Haley to walk away,” Sabin told Fox Business host Neil Cavuto, referencing Kenny Rogers’ hit song “The Gambler.”

“There’s absolutely no upside to her going to South Carolina. And there’s a tremendous downside,” he added. “If you can’t win your own state, there’s no reason to go on.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/01/25/report-megadonors-to-drop-nikki-haley-before-south-carolina-primary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Report: Megadonors to Drop Nikki Haley Before South Carolina Primary
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 08:51:11 pm »
She'll continue to stay in -- I believe for her right now it's a power and ego trip and a chance to perhaps pocket some $$.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Report: Megadonors to Drop Nikki Haley Before South Carolina Primary
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 10:10:29 pm »
She'll continue to stay in -- I believe for her right now it's a power and ego trip and a chance to perhaps pocket some $$.

Maybe.

But she may also think that if Trump loses in 2024, being the last Republican who stood against him in 2024 may be a huge advantage in the 2028 post-Trump GOP.  "I tried to tell you he couldn't win, and you should have listened".  It certainly carves out a particular lane for her in 4 years.