Poll

Duck Duck Goose!

Author Topic: Trump’s VP Pick  (Read 19246 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump’s VP Pick
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2024, 01:25:28 am »
Yes it is false.

I may be forced to eat a Turd burger because I didn't volunteer to eat the crap sandwich instead. But in the end, they are the same damn thing, and I will choose to eat NEITHER. If I am later forced to eat either one (and believe me that force can come from either side), That's on y'all or on them. Not on me.

I 'll hold out for a nice turkey and swiss on the brioche roll from the deli down the street.

Go ahead! Please let us know when you get it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: February 29, 2024, 01:25:46 am »
And you are stuck in a trap you can't get out of because you are willing to trade a small short term gain in safety for a loss in long term liberty. Those massive debts both Trump and Biden ran up dramatically tightened the bindings on us all, crushing our future. Trump did more damage to liberty in 2020 than any President in the last 50 years. You can make excuses "he didn't know", etc. but that was his job to find out and lead. He failed terribly.

And where are we now?

That's right.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2024, 01:26:24 am »
My 2016 vote for Darrell Castle was not only a vote against the greater evil, it was a vote against the lesser evil as well.

Me too. I gave him money.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: February 29, 2024, 01:26:59 am »
Go ahead! Please let us know when you get it!

I've got it right now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2024, 01:28:22 am »
And you are stuck in a trap you can't get out of because you are willing to trade a small short term gain in safety for a loss in long term liberty. Those massive debts both Trump and Biden ran up dramatically tightened the bindings on us all, crushing our future. Trump did more damage to liberty in 2020 than any President in the last 50 years. You can make excuses "he didn't know", etc. but that was his job to find out and lead. He failed terribly.

CONGRESS does appropriations! The president does not and that is how its supposed to be.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2024, 01:29:53 am »
My 2016 vote for Darrell Castle was not only a vote against the greater evil, it was a vote against the lesser evil as well.

I just checked and the Constitution Party only has ballot access so far in 13 states.  That is pretty pitiful and so darn disheartening. 

Just so that it is understood;

Ballot access is generally free and open to all candidates running as Republicans and Democrats.   Alternative parties and independents have other steps they must follow which vary from state to state.  These steps are often expensive, time-consuming, and convoluted, and are designed to keep alternative voices from the ballot.

https://constitutionparty.com/elections/ballot-access/

Secondly, I checked their website and nowhere does it list which candidate(s) is running for President.  All I could find is a registration for the National Presidential Nominating Convention in St. Lake City UT being held in April.

Not a good sign at all, the Constitution Party has never been able to have ballot access in all 50 states; they've come close, but for the '24 election it is looking very bleak.

They are on the ballot in FL, but not knowing the candidate, I can't cast my vote for someone I don't have any idea who they are.  Perhaps after April, they'll hopefully announce a presidential candidate. Usually by now it's been announced who is at least running. 
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:37:57 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: February 29, 2024, 01:31:17 am »
CONGRESS does appropriations! The president does not and that is how its supposed to be.

The President spends the appropriations.  Congress does not.  And that is how it is supposed to be.

Enforcement of the law rests exclusively with the Executive Branch.  And that includes spending money that Congress has appropriated.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: February 29, 2024, 01:33:26 am »
I've got it right now.

Sure you do!  :thud:

You think it's a nice turkey and swiss on the brioche roll but it's really the same crap sandwich everyone else is getting.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: February 29, 2024, 01:36:24 am »
Sure you do!  :thud:

You think it's a nice turkey and swiss on the brioche roll but it's really the same crap sandwich everyone else is getting.

No, it's not... I make my own. I have gone my own way. I have no interest in crap sandwiches or turd burgers. You want me to show up, you'd better improve the dang menu!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2024, 01:36:49 am »
I just checked and the Constitution Party only has ballot access so far in 13 states.  That is pretty pitiful and so darn disheartening. 

Their convention is in April.  There is no reason to push for a spot on the ballot this far out, especially when the candidate is unknown.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2024, 01:38:13 am »
No, it's not... I make my own. I have gone my own way. I have no interest in crap sandwiches or turd burgers. You want me to show up, you'd better improve the dang menu!

Right! You carry on with that delusion!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2024, 01:40:37 am »

You forget that the Republicans controlled both houses when Trump was elected for two years. They spent giving in to Nancy's priorities even though she was in the minority.

In addition, Trump had a veto pen. He did nothing on spending.

Trump was the one sending out checks to everyone one making sure his name was on them when his administration shut everything down. He was the one demanding interest rates be lowered even further. They were far too low far too long.

And I'll add that they did zip to control the southern border in those two years. But you'll just continue to vote for that because the alternative is worse... In the end, worse is what you're voting for.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:45:24 am by DB »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2024, 01:40:46 am »
Their convention is in April.  There is no reason to push for a spot on the ballot this far out, especially when the candidate is unknown.

Yes, the convention is in April, but that gives them little time to qualify in all 50 states.  Deadlines in states to get onto the ballot have to be met by different dates.  6-7 months isn't a whole lot of time. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2024, 01:44:27 am »
Right! You carry on with that delusion!

No delusion. I get the same dang thing either way - So it's the same way. And not the way I will go.
That's why I was heading back to subsistence living.
I already know where this is going.
Because both parties are heading hand in hand the same way.

And y'all want me to vote for that.

NO.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2024, 01:45:48 am »
Yes, the convention is in April, but that gives them little time to qualify in all 50 states.  Deadlines in states to get onto the ballot have to be met by different dates.  6-7 months isn't a whole lot of time.

They don't have the funds to run long campaigns. It is what it is.

Online DB

« Reply #140 on: February 29, 2024, 01:46:29 am »
People just remain slaves because they are too afraid to walk off the plantation.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #141 on: February 29, 2024, 01:46:52 am »
You forget that the Republicans controlled both houses when Trump was elected for two years. They spent giving in to Nancy's priorities even though she was in the minority.

Trump was the one sending out checks to everyone one making sure his name was on them when his administration shut everything down. He was the one demanding interest rates be lowered even further. They were far too low far too long.

That is really important to remember.  Trump wasted those two years.  Nothing was accomplished AND once again I'll bring up the fact that Cruz kept encouraging him to get the wall built.  We all know that Trump waited till a week or so before the new Congress was seated to start pushing for a border wall.  There was no way that Nancy was going to allow him to succeed on his promise of building a wall.  He had to dance around hoops to get funding; he got money to replace existing dilapidated fencing but very little new fencing was built.  Sure, he finally got more $$ and fence was purchased but by then azzhole Joe put a quick end to all of that. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2024, 01:48:06 am »

I don't forget a damned thing @DB particularly the parts where the House and Senate sat on their hands for two years letting Trump slowly twist in the wind. Making sure their inside the beltway con game continued was  FAR more important than doing anything for the American people!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #143 on: February 29, 2024, 01:50:19 am »

They don't have the funds to run long campaigns. It is what it is.

I'm not talking about campaigning, I'm talking about just getting onto the ballot.  As I mentioned up thread, a 3rd party needs to meet different requirements, come up with more money and meet different deadlines in each state than those of the DEM party or GOP.  I would be thrilled if for the first time in history the Constitution party had ballot access in all 50 states.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2024, 01:50:57 am »
But you'll just continue to vote for that because the alternative is worse... In the end, worse is what you're voting for.

And satisfied with that, with nothing gained. Nothing! And terrific damage done! Dammit. Folks got to wake up and demand more. This phony ass kabuki theater 'war' between the sides is total bullcrap. It ain't true. It ain't real.

And while y'all are so intent watching the Big Show, the government is picking your pockets and robbing you blind!!!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2024, 01:52:12 am »
That is really important to remember.  Trump wasted those two years.  Nothing was accomplished AND once again I'll bring up the fact that Cruz kept encouraging him to get the wall built.  We all know that Trump waited till a week or so before the new Congress was seated to start pushing for a border wall.  There was no way that Nancy was going to allow him to succeed on his promise of building a wall.  He had to dance around hoops to get funding; he got money to replace existing dilapidated fencing but very little new fencing was built.  Sure, he finally got more $$ and fence was purchased but by then azzhole Joe put a quick end to all of that.

And it was precisely because of this that the Republicans lost both houses by the next Presidential election.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2024, 01:53:01 am »
I don't forget a damned thing @DB particularly the parts where the House and Senate sat on their hands for two years letting Trump slowly twist in the wind. Making sure their inside the beltway con game continued was  FAR more important than doing anything for the American people!

If Trump couldn't lead then, why should we vote for him now?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2024, 01:53:59 am »
I'm not talking about campaigning, I'm talking about just getting onto the ballot.  As I mentioned up thread, a 3rd party needs to meet different requirements, come up with more money and meet different deadlines in each state than those of the DEM party or GOP.  I would be thrilled if for the first time in history the Constitution party had ballot access in all 50 states.

Right. I know. They don't have the wherewithal. They have to fire up and git er done in a few months. It's all they can do.

And they don't focus on getting on the ballot in states they have no chance at... So they won't lever what little they have toward states that are hard to get in with, unless they have a good chance at a return.

So getting on the ballot in 50 states is not the goal.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2024, 01:54:05 am »
I've grown tired of this circular argument.  :seeya:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2024, 01:54:10 am »
I have long thought that Trump would pick Ben Carson as his Veep, but lately I am thinking Tulsi. Trump simply cannot resist a hot-looking, media-savvy babe, regardless of her political viewpoint.