Poll

Duck Duck Goose!

Author Topic: Trump’s VP Pick  (Read 19521 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump’s VP Pick
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2024, 11:08:32 pm »
Actually I am praying for a miracle.  Also I continue to pray that the Lord God Jesus Christ stops the evil that keeps prevailing in this country.

First, you have to stop voting for it.  9999hair out0000

Online roamer_1

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2024, 11:12:02 pm »
Nope.

[...]

Interesting insight, and I concur... With all but that last part.

The only way to beat this thing is grassroots and righteous... Think TEA Party.
The politics of it all are a side show.
And it will never ever occur chasing after the lesser evil.

Online libertybele

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2024, 11:13:37 pm »
First, you have to stop voting for it.  9999hair out0000

I have no intention of voting for it.  I thought I've been pretty clear on that. As of now, unless things drastically change for some reason, I will only be voting for conservatives down ballot.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2024, 11:18:25 pm »
I have no intention of voting for it.  I thought I've been pretty clear on that. As of now, unless things drastically change for some reason, I will only be voting for conservatives down ballot.

Oh yeah... That wasn't pointed at !YOU!
I normally don't run into this problem, tending toward 'y'all and all y'all' in my speech.
But both of those limited the statement to folks on this board... So I used 'you' in the very broad indirect sense.

My apologies.  Your self is not in question. Ever. :beer: happy77

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2024, 11:48:12 pm »

Not voting is voting just as not speaking is speaking.

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”

Deitrich Bonhoeffer
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2024, 12:23:14 am »

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

FALSE.

Crap sandwich vs. Turd burger argument. And it is false.

Online DB

« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2024, 12:45:02 am »

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

It is speaking. It is saying neither has EARNED my vote. Until enough people demand that the Republicans EARN their vote you won't get anything different. The failure to speak against both parties in the voting booth is why we are here as a country. Instead people vote in fear accepting what little less damage that gets done to them. Remember that quote about safety and liberty?

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2024, 12:54:34 am »
It is speaking. It is saying neither has EARNED my vote. Until enough people demand that the Republicans EARN their vote you won't get anything different. The failure to speak against both parties in the voting booth is why we are here as a country. Instead people vote in fear accepting what little less damage that gets done to them. Remember that quote about safety and liberty?
Your idea is an automatic failure, though.

No party cares about non-voters.

Parties and politicians care very much if you vote AGAINST them.

But not voting at all?

LOL, has been their response for as long as voting has ever existed, anywhere, and you ain't gonna change that.

EDIT: this has nothing to do with Party efforts to recruit new voters. I'm talking about Party attitudes towards people who simply do not and will not vote at all. LOL!! along with eyerolls and headshakes has been their response to that all throughout history, and I see no reason to believe it will change.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 12:57:39 am by scottfreitas »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2024, 12:57:10 am »
Is 'Michelle Obama' the phencyclidine option?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2024, 01:00:49 am »
Is 'Michelle Obama' the phencyclidine option?
One thing's for sure: the fact she is the leading pick by a landslide so far shows the few respondents are NOT in any way taking the poll seriously.

Online DB

« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2024, 01:06:21 am »

But not voting at all?

LOL, has been their response for as long as voting has ever existed, anywhere, and you ain't gonna change that.

Incorrect. Get enough people not willing to vote or fund your party and either they have to change or die. I'm going to vote. I'm voting DeSantis in the primary. Until more people have the courage to withhold their vote despite the short term consequences we're going to continue down the long term road of destruction. Essentially by voting for the lesser evil you are voting for a little more safety at the cost of long term liberty.

Hence: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

That's what voting for the lesser evil is. You might get a little more safety with Trump but you'll be sacrificing more liberty either way. Trump did more damage to liberty in 2020 than any President in the last 50 years.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:07:28 am by DB »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2024, 01:06:45 am »
One thing's for sure: the fact she is the leading pick by a landslide so far shows the few respondents are NOT in any way taking the poll seriously.

Most of the polls come with a "stoner option" and it is usually noted as such.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2024, 01:07:30 am »

But not voting at all?

EDIT: this has nothing to do with Party efforts to recruit new voters. I'm talking about Party attitudes towards people who simply do not and will not vote at all. LOL!! along with eyerolls and headshakes has been their response to that all throughout history, and I see no reason to believe it will change.

I will step in here to remind you that your vote is your endorsement. That is all it can ever be. By definition.

So 'voting against' is bullcrap. You can only vote *for*.

Your politician will not reckon your vote as a vote against his opponent, but only as a vote *for* him.

To couch it otherwise is error.

So you are in effect and in practice voting for MORE damage to liberty and to treasure when you vote for Tumpy... Because that is his record, and that is his veiled promise - veiled in that he still believes he did the right thing wrt pandemic and vax, So he'd do the same thing again. And veiled in his enthusiasm for trillions of dollars invested in 'freedom cities'.

You can't go in thinking you'll get something different than he already has done on the record.

So you'll throw the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives under the bus.
And if you win that way, don't expect either to be resurrected. Ever. You done run them over.

As for me... I will NOT vote against libertarians and fiscal conservatives. I will not endorse a candidate that treated them so very poorly. I will heed their cry. I will follow with them.

And that means I will not, cannot endorse Tumpy.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2024, 01:09:01 am »

But not voting at all?

:yowsa: 100% correct!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2024, 01:09:51 am »
no Tulsi Gabbard optiom...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: February 29, 2024, 01:10:20 am »
FALSE.

Crap sandwich vs. Turd burger argument. And it is false.

No! It most assuredly is not false!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #116 on: February 29, 2024, 01:11:17 am »

But not voting at all?

It's funny, over years I have seen the argument go from stay home, don't vote and teach the bastards a lesson(this was referring to republicans) but once Trump came on the scene it morphed into not voting for Trump was voting for Hillary and now Biden. Nobody gets my vote without earning  **nononono* I voted for Trump twice but I just can't do it again, his lack of impulse control, his lying about and attacks on real Conservatives is something I can't ignore any longer, nor his rubber stamping insane spending. I will vote, down ticket but as of now if my choices at the top are Trump or Haley? I might just Hibernate for the next cycle. Besides, people like me have been told repeatedly that The Great Orange One doesn't need our votes, challenge accepted I will test the hypothesis  :patriot:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2024, 01:14:20 am »
no Tulsi Gabbard optiom...

This poll was started when Tulsi was still a democrat...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: February 29, 2024, 01:14:40 am »
I will step in here to remind you that your vote is your endorsement. That is all it can ever be. By definition.

So 'voting against' is bullcrap. You can only vote *for*.

Your politician will not reckon your vote as a vote against his opponent, but only as a vote *for* him.

To couch it otherwise is error.

So you are in effect and in practice voting for MORE damage to liberty and to treasure when you vote for Tumpy... Because that is his record, and that is his veiled promise - veiled in that he still believes he did the right thing wrt pandemic and vax, So he'd do the same thing again. And veiled in his enthusiasm for trillions of dollars invested in 'freedom cities'.

You can't go in thinking you'll get something different than he already has done on the record.

So you'll throw the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives under the bus.
And if you win that way, don't expect either to be resurrected. Ever. You done run them over.

As for me... I will NOT vote against libertarians and fiscal conservatives. I will not endorse a candidate that treated them so very poorly. I will heed their cry. I will follow with them.

And that means I will not, cannot endorse Tumpy.

BS! 100% USDA Grade A!  I am 75 years old and have voted in every election to come along after I was of age. I have voted FOR exactly two presidents in that period. All the rest have been AGAINST the greater evil.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2024, 01:17:04 am »
:yowsa: 100% correct!

And you are stuck in a trap you can't get out of because you are willing to trade a small short term gain in safety for a loss in long term liberty. Those massive debts both Trump and Biden ran up dramatically tightened the bindings on us all, crushing our future. Trump did more damage to liberty in 2020 than any President in the last 50 years. You can make excuses "he didn't know", etc. but that was his job to find out and lead. He failed terribly.

Online DB

« Reply #120 on: February 29, 2024, 01:17:43 am »
BS! 100% USDA Grade A!  I am 75 years old and have voted in every election to come along after I was of age. I have voted FOR exactly two presidents in that period. All the rest have been AGAINST the greater evil.

And where are we now?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2024, 01:18:49 am »
No! It most assuredly is not false!

Yes it is false.

I may be forced to eat a Turd burger because I didn't volunteer to eat the crap sandwich instead. But in the end, they are the same damn thing, and I will choose to eat NEITHER. If I am later forced to eat either one (and believe me that force can come from either side), That's on y'all or on them. Not on me.

I 'll hold out for a nice turkey and swiss on the brioche roll from the deli down the street.

I will not endorse the crap sandwich. YOU go eat it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 01:19:44 am by roamer_1 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2024, 01:20:25 am »
Interesting that Michelle Obama has the highest percentage of votes.

No way Trump would select her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2024, 01:23:41 am »

And here we are.
That is why we have politicians instead of statesmen.

I aim to change that paradigm. My endorsement comes with Conservative strings.
You want that vote, then put up a Conservative.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2024, 01:24:24 am »

My 2016 vote for Darrell Castle was not only a vote against the greater evil, it was a vote against the lesser evil as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-