Author Topic: Texas lawmakers learn during visit that Mexico has more troops at border than US has agents  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Texas lawmakers learn during visit that Mexico has more troops at border than US has agents
Story by Sandra Sanchez • 11h

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — A bipartisan delegation of Texas congressmen traveled to Mexico City this week and reported back that Mexico currently has more troops on its border than the number of Border Patrol agents on the U.S. side.

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, told Border Report that Mexico “really is trying” to eradicate fentanyl labs, improve its security on its southern border, and deport from its northern border migrants who do not qualify for asylum.

“It’s very difficult. They’re trying and for people to say that Mexico is not doing enough. … They really are trying and we’re trying to help them through technology and through intelligence,” Cuellar told Border Report from his office in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, after returning Wednesday from Mexico City.

The delegation was organized by Republican U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee from Austin. Also included were Republican Reps. Randy Weber, whose district includes Galveston, and Tony Gonzales, whose district stretches from San Antonio to El Paso and covers the largest stretch of the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-lawmakers-learn-during-visit-that-mexico-has-more-troops-at-border-than-us-has-agents/ar-BB1hh5oY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=7cb9c4a724654cca8eada3aa6101d1e9&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson