Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground  (Read 24815 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2024, 02:05:46 pm »
You will do what I say!! As I say ... dammit ... gehorche mir, du Schwein!!

Biden has a meltdown, hearing that Texas does not worship him.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 02:14:28 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2024, 02:07:23 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2024, 02:34:26 pm »
Trump to States: Use National Guard to Remove Migrants Across Border

Former President Donald Trump called on governors to use their National Guard soldiers to remove migrants back across the border. His post on Truth Social follows statements from 25 Republican governors supporting the State of Texas’s standoff against the Biden administration in Shelby Park.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/26/trump-to-states-use-national-guard-to-remove-migrants-across-border/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2024, 02:39:26 pm »
RFK Jr. praises Texas in battle with Biden over border

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on Thursday backed Texas in its ongoing battle with the federal government over border authority, criticizing the Biden administration for its handling of the U.S. southern border.

“Texas is right. Biden’s failure to secure the border leaves states no choice but to take matters into their own hands,” Kennedy wrote in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter. “As President, I will end this humanitarian crisis once and for all. I will secure the border and destroy the business model of the drug cartels. A country without borders is not a country at all.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4430092-rfk-jr-praises-texas-border-battle-biden/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2024, 02:42:09 pm »
It Is Not Texas That’s Defying the Law — It’s Biden

National Review By Andrew C. McCarthy 1/25/2024

There is a great deal of moronic commentary accusing the State of Texas of defying the Supreme Court. In point of fact, the Supreme Court did not order Texas to do anything. It vacated an order by the Fifth Circuit that, during the pendency of an ongoing lawsuit between the feds and the state, barred federal authorities from cutting concertina wire that Texas has installed in parts of its 1,254-mile border with Mexico. That is, the Supreme Court (with no opinion, and over the objection of four justices, who also did not write) held that, for now, the lower courts may not prevent the federal authorities from dismantling barriers.

That Supreme Court action did not to direct Texas to do anything. The Court did not presume to tell Texas that it could not take action to protect its territory and exclude intruders — to have done so would have been constitutionally dubious for the reasons Justice Antonin Scalia explained nearly a dozen years ago in his Arizona v. United States opinion — which Governor Gregg Abbott has explicitly relied on, and which should be read, reread, and memorized. (Note: Abbott described the 2012 Scalia opinion as a “dissent”; it actually concurred in part and dissented in part with the Court’s multilayered decision.)

There is no doubt that the federal and state governments both have immigration- and border-enforcement authority. How they work out disputes, particularly under circumstances in which no attempt has been made by Congress in statutory law to prevent the lawful defensive measures Texas has taken, is a political question. This is vertical rather than horizontal separation of powers — collision between federal and state authority rather than presidential and congressional authority — but the dynamic is similar: The law’s preference is for the political officials who answer to the people whose lives are deeply affected to work it out.

Although I disagree with the high Court’s vacating of the Fifth Circuit injunction against DHS (our editorial leans that way, too), I think I understand why it was done (i.e., why Justice Amy Coney Barrett sided with the majority rather than with the other four conservative justices).

Border enforcement is a political duty, not a judicial one. It involves matters of security and diplomacy that are not within the judicial ken. The state government has border-enforcement authority, and the federal government has border-enforcement authority. The actor whose border-enforcement authority is questionable is the Court. I assume the Court was uncomfortable with federal judges’ telling the Biden administration how to carry out border enforcement; I assume the justices would be equally reluctant to endorse a court’s telling Texas how to do it.

More: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/it-is-not-texas-thats-defying-the-law-its-biden/

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2024, 02:49:39 pm »
BORDER SHOWDOWN: Texas’ Constitutional Right to Defend Against Invasion Supersedes Federal Law, Says Governor
Abbott Asserts Texas' Right to Repel Invasion (Randy Clark, Bob Price/Breitbart Texas)Randy Clark, Bob Price/Breitbart Texas
RANDY CLARK and BOB PRICE24 Jan 2024544

Texas Governor Gregg Abbott asserts Texas’ constitutional right to defend and protect itself as it relates to the ongoing border crisis gripping the state. His analysis comes in a statement issued on Wednesday while state and federal authorities square off over granting federal agents access to Shelby Park in Eagle Pass, Texas. Governor Abbott ordered state authorities to seize the park in early January. The statement faults President Biden for refusing to enforce immigration laws in the state.

Abbott’s statement asserts in part:

President Biden has violated his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress. Instead of prosecuting immigrants for the federal crime of illegal entry, President Biden has sent his lawyers into federal courts to sue Texas for taking action to secure the border.

President Biden has instructed his agencies to ignore federal statutes that mandate the detention of illegal immigrants. The effect is to illegally allow their en masse parole into the United States.

By wasting taxpayer dollars to tear open Texas’s border security infrastructure, President Biden has enticed illegal immigrants away from the 28 legal entry points along this State’s southern border— bridges where nobody drowns—and into the dangerous waters of the Rio Grande.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/24/border-showdown-texas-constitutional-right-to-defend-against-invasion-supersedes-federal-law-says-governor/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2024, 03:47:53 pm »
topic merged
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2024, 05:10:43 pm »

Fascists in the NeverTrump movement? Appears someone is confused very very badly **nononono*

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2024, 05:17:52 pm »
There ain't enough popcorn for this coming Biden shitshow!.

:2popcorn: :pop41: :2popcorn: :pop41: :2popcorn: :pop41:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2024, 05:20:21 pm »

Fascists in the NeverTrump movement? Appears someone is confused very very badly **nononono*
Ja Ja natürlich
Keine Faschisten bei den Liberalen
Ich höre dich ... und gehorche

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2024, 05:22:14 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2024, 06:59:30 pm »
Oklahoma is getting ready to send their National Guard to help Texas in their fight against illegal immigration and the Biden administration.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1750933165496279176
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2024, 07:56:01 pm »
Texas' dispute with Biden over border crisis escalates

The Center Square By Bethany Blankley 1/25/2024

Congressional Democrat calls on Biden to federalize Texas Guard; Consitutional law expert says Congress should determine if that would be impeachable offense

(The Center Square) – As the conflict between the federal government and Texas escalates over the state's right to defend its border with Mexico, Gov. Greg Abbott is not backing down as a congressional Democrat called on President Joe Biden to federalize the Texas National Guard.

If the Texas National Guard were federalized solely to usurp Abbott’s constitutional authority to secure the Texas border, Congress should consider whether doing so constitutes a high crime and misdemeanor – an impeachable offense – under the U.S. Constitution, a constitutional law expert told The Center Square.

After Abbott invoked his constitutional authority to defend Texas’ border on Wednesday, saying, “The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States,” reports surfaced that Biden could federalize the Texas National Guard. This would result in pulling them from the Texas border and breaking the chain of command under Abbott.

Abbott called up several thousand guard members and positioned them at the Texas-Mexico border through his border security mission, Operation Lone Star. After the U.S. Supreme Court this week ruled Border Patrol agents could destroy Texas' concertina wire barriers, Abbott instructed guardsmen to build more.

U.S. Rep. Joaquin Castro, a Democrat from San Antonio, said that if Abbott “defies” the Supreme Court’s ruling, Biden “needs to establish sole federal control of the Texas National Guard now.”

More: https://www.thecentersquare.com/texas/article_a84bd824-bbae-11ee-b4ce-e3596e947d1b.html

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2024, 08:12:25 pm »
End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
10 states with the most guns per capita:

1. Montana (66.4% of adults)
2. Wyoming (66% of adults)
3. Alaska (64.5% of adults)
4. Idaho (60.1% of adults)
5. WV (58.5% of adults)
6. AR (57.2% of adults)
7. MS (56.3% of adults)
8. AL (55.2% of adults)
9. SD (55.1% of adults)
10. ND (55% of adults)

All 10 of these states support the Texas Border Resistance against the federal government.
7:36 AM · Jan 26, 2024

Incidentally - see I tolja so ... Montana... more guns per square inch than anywhere. Very interesting the top states are mountain states in the PacNW, counting WY (which really ain't, but is our brother here in MT)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2024, 08:40:00 pm »
Oklahoma is getting ready to send their National Guard to help Texas in their fight against illegal immigration and the Biden administration.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1750933165496279176

This is starting to look like civil war isn't it?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2024, 08:47:00 pm »

Hopefully not.  It's going to be a showdown. That's what I've been thinking -- blue states against red -- the FEDS will come in and try to take power away from the state guards.  Which means .... those individuals that are capable and able ... TX needs you! 

I wish I was about 10 years younger and in good health -- I'd be down there helping wherever I could.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2024, 08:52:36 pm »
JUST IN: Senior Border Patrol official says they stand tall with Texas and have "no plans" to take down razor wire from the southern border.

America stands with Texas.

According to Fox News, a Border Patrol official told them that their relationship with Texas "remains strong."

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1750970248671731999
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2024, 08:59:36 pm »
JUST IN: Senior Border Patrol official says they stand tall with Texas and have "no plans" to take down razor wire from the southern border.

America stands with Texas.

According to Fox News, a Border Patrol official told them that their relationship with Texas "remains strong."

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1750970248671731999

Brandon will fire them all!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2024, 09:13:19 pm »

Yes ... sort of. Not the Civil War of the 1800s, but yes. It does look like a State vs. Federal kind of fight. I doubt anyone will be shooting anyone but the premise is the same.

In this case, Texas is clearly in the right to be able to defend itself. The latte sucking scum in Washington D.C. need to realize that they are dealing with real people and real problems who do not give a single shit about what they think.

Tell Biden to eat another ice cream cone. Hell man, eat a hundred ice cream cones and kiss my ass.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2024, 09:16:26 pm »
Texas would be #1 but we don't admit to having any.  happy77
Exactly!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 09:22:40 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2024, 09:16:44 pm »
Texas would be #1 but we don't admit to having any.  happy77

Oh, neither do we...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2024, 09:21:02 pm »
Of those ten States, how many rank in the top ten in gun violence?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2024, 09:30:00 pm »
Of those ten States, how many rank in the top ten in gun violence?

Six

Edit to add: Five of those in the top ten for gun violence are in the top ten for gun suicides. @Hoodat
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 09:52:59 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2024, 11:02:12 pm »
Wingnut postulates in reply 92 above:
"There ain't enough popcorn for this coming Biden sh*tshow!"

How many F-16's does Texas have?

(no nukes, at least... not yet)

"The Fedcoats are coming! The Fedcoats are coming!..."

There is no "/s" at the end of this post.