Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground  (Read 24829 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 03:45:29 pm »
The plot thickens.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 03:49:06 pm »

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1750531247095562247

Go Ron!!!!  He is absolutely correct and is standing by the Constitution and states' rights.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2024, 04:18:47 pm »
Plant endangered native thorny and poisonous flora and fauna along Texas border and declare it a state conservation preserve.

Let Fed Courts referee fights among environmentalists, CBP, and Mother Nature.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 04:21:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline bilo

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2024, 05:04:38 pm »
The plot thickens.

I love seeing States exercising their rights rather than submitting to the will of the Federal Govt.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2024, 05:12:54 pm »

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
No he is not. The Supreme Court ruled that the federal government could not be enjoined from cutting the razor wire, not that Texas had done something illegal in erecting the razor wire. As always, Beto has no idea what he's talking about.
Beto O'Rourke
@BetoORourke
·
18h
Abbott is using the Texas Guard to defy a Supreme Court ruling.

When Gov. Faubus did this in 1957, Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas Guard to ensure compliance with the law.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 05:18:20 pm »
Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
No he is not. The Supreme Court ruled that the federal government could not be enjoined from cutting the razor wire, not that Texas had done something illegal in erecting the razor wire. As always, Beto has no idea what he's talking about.
Beto O'Rourke
@BetoORourke
·
18h
Abbott is using the Texas Guard to defy a Supreme Court ruling.

When Gov. Faubus did this in 1957, Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas Guard to ensure compliance with the law.

...and a middle finger salute to you Beto!  9999hair out0000 888mouth

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 05:33:31 pm »
BORDER SHOWDOWN: Republican Governors Across U.S. Stand with Texas Against Feds

A growing list of Republican governors announced they stand with Texas Governor Greg Abbott in the State’s showdown against the Biden administration over the seized border park in Eagle Pass, Texas.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2024/01/25/border-showdown-republican-governors-across-u-s-stand-with-texas-against-feds/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2024, 09:01:46 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2024, 09:03:44 pm »
Robert F. Kennedy Jr
@RobertKennedyJr
Texas is right. Biden’s failure to secure the border leaves states no choice but to take matters into their own hands. As President, I will end this humanitarian crisis once and for all. I will secure the border and destroy the business model of the drug cartels. A country without borders is not a country at all. #Kennedy24
2:48 PM · Jan 25, 2024

John Cardillo
@johncardillo
It is troubling that Trump is not commenting on Gulf Coast states galvanizing against the illegal alien invasion in Texas, but instead ranted in 30 something Truth posts about E. Jean Carroll.
I would just like to see him act, even for one day, like it’s about America and not always about him.
10:37 AM · Jan 25, 2024

States joining TX:

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1750591567801602338
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 09:20:38 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2024, 09:35:30 pm »
Conversation
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
Gov. Abbott is being very smart. The Supreme Court didn't actually order Texas to DO anything. The Court gave the Biden Regime permission to do something. Those are two very different things! Texas is simply laying more wire and moving in more resources. Also the court deferred on the majority of the case that is still before the 5th Circuit. Abbott is exploiting this window to rally more governors, more personnel, and to secure the moral high ground.

Good for Abbott, good for Texas, good for America.

HOLD THE LINE TEXAS!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2024, 09:40:07 pm »

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1750629364872421822

9999hair out0000  Darn it.  DJT is NOT the leader of the GOP, nor is he president. These governors/states have already deployed their National Guard to help Abbott. He's acting like it's his idea -- far from it.  DeSantis especially has been helping with manpower for well over a year, maybe two.

Where the hell was DJT when he could have built the wall???  I'm tired of his 'I'm the almighty one' complex.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2024, 09:41:44 pm »
17 governors....I'm waiting for blue state governors to come down to help out the FEDS.

It could get very, very messy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2024, 09:47:46 pm »
This is how civil wars start.  Does Castro and others actually expect Texas National Guardsmen to obey orders handed down from above by U.S. Army officers, at the behest of Biden?
What's more is that those orders, to open Texas, and in so doing, the United States, to foreign invasion in violation of Federal Law, will BE ILLEGAL.

No soldier has any obligation to follow any illegal or unconstitutional order.

...enemies, foreign and domestic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2024, 09:49:17 pm »
This is how civil wars start.  Does Castro and others actually expect Texas National Guardsmen to obey orders handed down from above by U.S. Army officers, at the behest of Biden?

With Castro yes.  Remember his mother was/is a Chicana political activist who helped establish the Chicano political party La Raza Unida.  Currently she is on the city council in San Antonio.

What do you think she and Joaquin and Julian are working towards?  Taking back TX (LaRaza believes it is the Mexican people's land) and politically turning it blue.

As time goes on, I'm afraid we will see some sort of civil war. Perhaps before the election.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 09:52:34 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2024, 09:51:51 pm »
What's more is that those orders, to open Texas, and in so doing, the United States, to foreign invasion in violation of Federal Law, will BE ILLEGAL.

No soldier has any obligation to follow any illegal or unconstitutional order.

...enemies, foreign and domestic.

Unfortunately the 'woke' generation will follow orders from the FEDS and the heck with the Constitution.  Are they even aware of what the Constitution says??

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2024, 09:53:41 pm »
Obama could stop all this by declaring Martial Law?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2024, 09:59:31 pm »

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1750635307442012207

happy77  That's another 8 governor's who have joined.  Truly important.  Half the country is now taking sides with TX.    :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Civil war anyone??

Offline berdie

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2024, 10:14:55 pm »
That is 50 per cent of the states. So when do the biggest whiners, Ill. and NY, wake up and get a clue?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2024, 10:21:02 pm »
A graphic for the times:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2024, 10:23:55 pm »
That is 50 per cent of the states. So when do the biggest whiners, Ill. and NY, wake up and get a clue?

They won't.  They are so brainwashed and delusional that somehow they will be convinced that this is all Abbott's fault -- after all the SCOTUS ruled in the FEDS favor.  *****rollingeyes*****

I hope not, but I'm afraid we're going to see a civil war fought along the TX border.  Who'll jump in to help the red states?  No one. Who'll jump in to help the blue states?  The U.S. military by order, perhaps the U.N., Chinese nationalists, Mexican cartel ....

Yes, I hope I am wrong on this.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2024, 10:25:48 pm »
A graphic for the times:

I'm not sure if that was mean to be humorous? Things are now very serious.  Red states either win this, or we lose our Republic.  That's pretty darn serious.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 11:35:03 pm »

Has the time come for this again?