Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground  (Read 24915 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2024, 12:20:20 pm »
Seven More States to Send National Guard to Texas Border

Texas Scorecard by  Luca Cacciatore February 12, 2024

The number of Republican states aiding Texas’ border security effort continues to swell.

Seven more states led by Republican governors are preparing to deploy national guardsmen and other personnel to the Texas-Mexico border.

Texas Scorecard previously reported that Florida, Idaho, Ohio, Oklahoma, and North Dakota either had personnel in Texas at the border or were working to send some.

Now, after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s press conference in Eagle Pass that included 13 Republican governors, top officials in Arkansas, Iowa, Indiana, Louisiana, Missouri, Utah, and Tennessee are also pledging to send troops to Texas.

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee were the first to move, pledging during the February 4 border trip to work on timelines for additional aid to Texas’ multi-agency border security effort—Operation Lone Star.

“Arkansas sent National Guard troops here last year and actually commit today that we’ll continue to do that over the course of this year as much as we can and as much as is needed until the federal government and providers step up and do their jobs,” Sanders said.

WVLT-TV 8 reported that Tennessee’s newly vowed guardsmen will actually constitute second and third waves. The first wave is expected to deploy to the border within 60 days.

Missouri Gov. Mike Parsons also promised during the trip to get more of his state’s guardsmen down to South Texas in a video posted to X.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/seven-more-states-to-send-national-guard-to-texas-border/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2024, 01:01:08 pm »
Texas Plants Flag on Border Island

\
Texas Rangers with the Department of Public Safety have planted a Texas Flag on Fronton Island in the Rio Grande River.

Thanks for sharing.  That photo alone just raised my morale this morning by 200%.  Let's give our hopes to their safety   :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2024, 01:52:43 pm »
And I am POSITIVE the states with Dim governors will soon do the same.

After all,they are the states with busted budgets and out of control crime rates,and the governors there DID swear oaths to protect their states and people,right?

If they don't,anybody running against those governors has an automatic advantage when it comes to campaigning.

LOTS of voters that live in those leftists "people paradises" HAVE to be getting pretty fed-up by now  with all the inflation and crime they are dealing with due to their governors obeying their globalist masters.

Just because many/most of them won't say this in public for fear of being attacked verbally AND physically,that doesn't mean they won't vote to end it.

AND.....,no doubt,deny they did this because they don't have any guts. If they had guts,this would have never happened to start with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2024, 02:52:44 am »
Texas Republicans Issue Blunt Warning To Biden In Support Of Gov. Abbott On Border

Forbes Breaking News

Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-TX) and other House Republicans promote an amicus brief in support of Gov. Greg Abbott's (R-TX) actions on the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIQ7XSpOZs

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2024, 01:34:29 pm »
Texas and Biden administration lawyers face off in court over new law making illegal border crossing a state crime

The Texas Tribune by Uriel J. García and Pooja Salhotra Feb. 15, 2024

An Austin judge will decide whether Senate Bill 4 will go into effect on March 5. The new law allows police to arrest people suspected of illegally crossing the border.

Lawyers for the Biden administration and Texas faced off in a federal court in Austin on Thursday to argue whether a new state law that would allow police to arrest people suspected of crossing the Texas-Mexico border illegally should go into effect next month.

Senate Bill 4, which Gov. Greg Abbott signed in December, is Texas’ latest attempt to try to deter people from crossing the Rio Grande after several years of historic numbers of migrants arriving at the Texas-Mexico border.

The law makes illegally crossing the border a Class B misdemeanor carrying a punishment of up to six months in jail. Repeat offenders could face a second-degree felony with a punishment of two to 20 years in prison. The law also requires state judges to order migrants returned to Mexico if they are convicted; local law enforcement would be responsible for transporting migrants to the border. A judge could drop the charges if a migrant agrees to return to Mexico voluntarily.

On Thursday, attorneys representing the U.S. Department of Justice and several nonprofit organizations that have sued the state argued that only the federal government can enforce immigration laws. They said that precedent set by federal courts makes clear that states are prohibited from enacting their own restrictions on entry to and removal from the U.S.

More: https://www.texastribune.org/2024/02/15/texas-immigration-law-sb4-border-court-hearing/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2024, 02:45:04 pm »
SIC 'EM,Governor!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2024, 05:12:23 pm »
On Thursday, attorneys representing the U.S. Department of Justice and several nonprofit organizations that have sued the state argued that only the federal government can enforce immigration laws. They said that precedent set by federal courts makes clear that states are prohibited from enacting their own restrictions on entry to and removal from the U.S.

Excellent. The core issue is now front and center before the courts, and can finally be resolved with certainty.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2024, 05:15:48 pm »
Excellent. The core issue is now front and center before the courts, and can finally be resolved with certainty.

@Free Vulcan

You misspelled the word "ignored".

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2024, 09:41:40 pm »

Name Names. Which organizations, who are their major donors, and how can we starve them short of passing a law banning them (cause that ain't gonna happen, or the current laws would be enforced and the wall would be complete, and patrolled with plenty of personnel and funding.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2024, 10:09:44 pm »
Name Names. Which organizations, who are their major donors, and how can we starve them short of passing a law banning them (cause that ain't gonna happen, or the current laws would be enforced and the wall would be complete, and patrolled with plenty of personnel and funding.)

I'll bet that Catholic Charities is at the top of that list.  I don't expect anybody to touch that bet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2024, 07:20:41 am »
I'll bet that Catholic Charities is at the top of that list.  I don't expect anybody to touch that bet.
I wouldn't bet against that.

Unfortunately the result is that my donations to charitable organizations that don't do the mission 'over there' instead of here have really diminished. Doubt means a no-go.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2024, 09:33:07 am »
Greg Abbott Issues Ultimatum to Joe Biden Over Border Crisis
Story by Matthew Robinson • 18h • 3 min read

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has issued an ultimatum to Joe Biden over the U.S.-Mexico border crisis in a sharp rebuke of the president's State of the Union address.

Abbott, a fierce opponent of the president, said that Texas would continue to use "every tool and strategy" available to keep the U.S. safe "until President Biden steps up and does his job as Commander-in-Chief."

Writing on X, formerly Twitter, Abbott said: "President Biden tried to convince the American people tonight that our country is safe and secure. That is a lie. He has invited historic illegal immigration, criminals and fentanyl to pour across the border. Texas will continue to hold the line to keep America safe.

gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=91.0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2024, 06:48:19 pm »

Newsweek
@Newsweek

https://www.newsweek.com/greg-abbott-ultimatum-joe-biden-border-crisis-texas-1877263#Echobox=1709908876

Greg Abbott issues ultimatum to Joe Biden over border crisis

Abbott Slams Biden For Not Caring About Texas and The Border

exas Governor Greg Abbott has issued an ultimatum to Joe Biden over the U.S.-Mexico border crisis in a sharp rebuke of the president's State of the Union address.

Abbott, a fierce opponent of the president, said that Texas would continue to use "every tool and strategy" available to keep the U.S. safe "until President Biden steps up and does his job as Commander-in-Chief."

Writing on X, formerly Twitter, Abbott said: "President Biden tried to convince the American people tonight that our country is safe and secure. That is a lie. He has invited historic illegal immigration, criminals and fentanyl to pour across the border. Texas will continue to hold the line to keep America safe.

"Until President Biden steps up and does his job as Commander-in-Chief to secure the border, Texas will hold the line and use every tool and strategy to keep our country safe."

Offline Mod2

« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2024, 09:04:21 pm »
Topics merged

Online roamer_1

« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2024, 09:08:29 pm »
I'd probably have to vote for this guy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2024, 09:08:46 pm »
I am REALLY  beginning to admire this guy.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2024, 10:05:05 pm »

Nawwww...  We'd rather keep him here. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2024, 11:30:55 pm »
 ****sheep****

Him and Paxton taking it to them. Somebody finally stepping up.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #218 on: March 09, 2024, 11:44:32 pm »
****sheep****
Him and Paxton taking it to them. Somebody finally stepping up.

That's right - They're bringing it. Hard.
Kinda making DeSantis into a wall flower, and that's saying something.  :laugh: :beer:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2024, 11:45:39 pm »
Nawwww...  We'd rather keep him here.

I'd bet you would.  happy77

Still and all, if he runs for president, I'd get out and push.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2024, 02:12:07 am »
I'd bet you would.  happy77

Still and all, if he runs for president, I'd get out and push.
Basically, yes.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2024, 10:05:11 pm »
Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres 3/20/2024

U.S. Alligator Border Force preparing for duty.

Online corbe

« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2024, 01:49:08 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2024, 03:08:31 am »
Texas Nat’l Guard seizes border section, builds razor-wire wall: Report

A new video shows the Texas National Guard building a razor-wire wall on the El Paso border as the state continues to defy President Joe Biden’s administration.

The “End Wokeness” social media account shared a video on Tuesday of the Texas National Guard installing a razor-wire wall on the southern border between the United States and Mexico. End Wokeness claimed that the Texas National Guard had “just seized” control of the border in El Paso.

“The Texas National Guard is continuing to defy the federal government,” End Wokeness tweeted. “They just seized the border in El Paso. A razor-wire wall is now going up.”

Tuesday’s video comes after the Texas Military Department released a video last week showing that Texas was continuing to reinforce barriers at the border. The Texas Military Department claimed that the reinforcement of the barriers was helping protect both Texas and the rest of the United States.

Alongside a picture of Texas National Guardsmen, the Texas Military Department shared a statement Sunday, saying, “The Texas National Guard continues to surge additional personnel and equipment to protect El Paso. More than 700 additional Soldiers, including 200 Soldiers of the Texas Tactical Border Force (TTBF), have deployed to El Paso throughout the past week.”

“Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), and the Texas National Guard continue to work together to secure the border; stop the smuggling of drugs, weapons, and people into Texas; and prevent, detect, and interdict transnational criminal activity between ports of entry,” the governor’s press release stated.

The Republican governor’s press release explained that Operation Lone Star fills the “dangerous gaps” at the southern border that have been “created” by the president’s “refusal to secure the border.”

https://twitter.com/TXMilitary/status/1773107833325621527

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/04/videos-pics-texas-natl-guard-seizes-border-section-builds-razor-wire-wall-report/