State Chapters > Texas

Gov. Abbott Stands His Ground

<< < (3/46) > >>

Hoodat:

libertybele:
?????

Dem Lawmakers Urge Biden To Seize Control Of Texas National Guard

Two Democratic members of the House of Representatives urged President Joe Biden to federalize the Texas National Guard on Wednesday.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas issued a defiant statement after the Supreme Court ruled the Biden administration could cut concertina wire placed by the state on the border in which he said the National Guard was among agencies erecting barriers. Democratic Reps. Joaquin Castro and Greg Casar of Texas demanded Biden seize control of the National Guard in response to the statement...................

“Governor Greg Abbott is using the Texas National Guard to obstruct and create chaos at the border,” Castro posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. “If Abbott is defying yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling, @POTUS needs to establish sole federal control of the Texas National Guard now.”

Federalizing the National Guard is an action that has been undertaken by a president before. Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas National Guard after Democratic Gov. Orval E. Faubus of Arkansas used it to prevent black students from attending Central High School in Little Rock in 1957................

https://www.conservativereview.com/dem-lawmakers-urge-biden-to-seize-control-of-texas-national-guard-2667080610.html

240B:
The NorthEast government said to Texas <- No, you are not allowed to defend your own State or your people.
Texas said, OK ... come here and make me into a latte sucking stupid whimp like you. Let's see you do it.
Put your money where your mouth is.

Elderberry:
Greg Abbott Uses 'Supreme Law' of Texas to Give Soldiers Power Over Biden

Newsweek by Rachel Dobkin 1/24/2024

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has declared his state's "right to self-defense," using "the supreme law of the land" to give soldiers power over President Joe Biden on immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Abbott issued a statement on Wednesday criticizing Biden for violating "his oath to faithfully execute immigration laws enacted by Congress."

In his statement, Abbott said the Biden administration's failure to "protect each [State] against invasion," as stated in Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution, "has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, "which reserves to this State the right of self-defense.

"For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas's constitutional authority to defend and protect itself. That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary."

Abbott said that the "Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border."

Amid Abbott's legal battles with the Justice Department, which claims that the governor's deterrence tactics impede federal law, there have been calls for Texas to declare independence from the United States, a movement being coined as Texit.

More: https://www.newsweek.com/greg-abbott-uses-supreme-law-texas-give-soldiers-power-over-biden-1863773

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: libertybele on January 25, 2024, 12:43:32 am ---I'm not surprised @Roberts siding with the DEMS but I was somewhat surprised with Barrett.

--- End quote ---

Amy Coney Barrett Says Ruling For Open Border Has Nothing To Do With Landscaping Work She Needs Done This Summer

Jan 23, 2024

WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.

"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.

The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 vote against Governor Greg Abbott's efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants entering the United States through Texas's southern border. Justice Barrett voted to allow border patrol agents to remove razor wire placed there by Texas officials, a move she said has nothing to do with her search for a landscaping crew that's affordable and will work for cash payments.

"My yard plans have nothing to do with my vote to allow the river of illegal migrants to continue to pour across the border," Justice Barrett said. "Now, if Governor Abbott happens to send a bus of hard-working cheap laborers up to the East Coast and I happen to pick up a few of those laborers in the parking lot of my local Home Depot and they happen to install a nice flagstone path between my deck and backyard veggie garden, so be it."

As of publishing time, Justice Barrett had downloaded the language-learning app Duolingo on her phone and was learning all the ways to say "I want Kentucky Blue Grass planted over there by the rock wall, please,"  .  .  .

https://babylonbee.com/news/amy-coney-barrett-says-ruling-for-open-border-has-nothing-to-do-with-landscaping-work-she-needs-done-this-summer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version