Author Topic: Gov. Greg Abbott Pardons Army Sergeant Daniel Perry  (Read 162 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Emily Medeiros May 16, 2024

Last year, Perry was sentenced to 25 years for the death of an armed Black Lives Matter protester.

Gov. Greg Abbott has fully pardoned Army Sgt. Daniel Perry following a unanimous recommendation from the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles.

Perry had been sentenced to 25 years in prison for the shooting death of an armed Black Lives Matter protester, Garrett Foster.

In downtown Austin on July 25, 2020, Foster pointed an AK-47 at Perry while a group of BLM protesters surrounded his car and began to bang on it. Perry, stationed at Ford Hood and driving for Uber for extra income, says he honked his car horn at protesters blocking an intersection.

During Perry’s trial, his defense team stated that Foster raised a firearm at Perry, leading Perry to use his handgun in self-defense.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/gov-greg-abbott-pardons-army-sergeant-daniel-perry/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Gov. Greg Abbott Pardons Army Sergeant Daniel Perry
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:02:42 pm »
Good! Never should have been indicted, much less tried, in the first place.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:11:54 pm »
Glad to hear this.  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:11 pm »
Travis Co. DA Garza.  The scum of the earth.  A real POS.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.