Author Topic: Haley needs 'realistic path' to win primaries after NH loss to Trump, GOP strategists say  (Read 489 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I wonder how much $$$ she's raking in??  How much are the DEMS paying her to stay in the race? I trust her less than I trust Trump.

Haley needs 'realistic path' to win primaries after NH loss to Trump, GOP strategists say

Republican strategists told Fox News Digital that GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley needs a "realistic path" to win primary elections in her quest for the White House.

Fox News Digital reached out to several Republican strategists for their takes after Haley's New Hampshire loss to former President Trump on Tuesday.

Targeted Victory Vice President Matt Gorman told Fox News Digital that while the race isn't over, Haley needs a "realistic path" in her campaign to win future primary elections.

"It’s not over yet, but Haley needs to set a realistic path for supporters, donors and the press as to how she’ll start actually winning some of these," Gorman said.

Haley did not win the Iowa caucuses or the New Hampshire primary but is continuing her campaign as the GOP primary race heads to her home state of South Carolina. A win for Haley in South Carolina would be a critical step in her presidential aspirations.

Jimmy Keady, JLK Political Strategies founder and president, told Fox News Digital that "President Trump is dominating these primaries, and he has the benefit of being a sort of pseudo-incumbent."

"Voters across the country remember the positives of his Presidency; a stronger economy, more secure border, and respect abroad — his Presidency is fresh on the minds of voters," Keady said.

"The trick is that candidates and their consultants must capitalize on the momentum and not fizzle out as we have seen in the past," he continued. "What we are going to see in the coming weeks will likely be a coalescing of support from Republican leaders across the country."

"It is up to either campaign to build off the momentum from New Hampshire," he added..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-strategists-say-haley-needs-realistic-path-in-white-house-bid-after-new-hampshire-loss-to-trump

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There's no reason she shouldn't continue to run even if there isn't currently a path.  First, considering everything going on with Trump, it is uncertain if the political situation in the summer will be the same as it is now, and getting as many delegates as possible can't hurt.

Second, historically, there have always been some candidates who have stayed in a race even after it is clear they could not win simply because they want their ideas to be aired.  I'm certainly not a fan of Haley's ideas, but she clearly is, and there's no reason she can't use the primaries as a platform for her to be heard. All this griping about how she should get out of the races from Trump supporters who believe he should be coordinated.

I hope she stays in, if only to further aggravate Trump.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
30 days to the South Carolina primary.

If Mr. Trump gives her a good thrashing there -- her "home state" -- she's out.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Haley does not have a realistic path because she is a shape-shifting flip-flopping Koch Brothers GOP Establishment stooge.

The unwashed masses of deplorables in the provinces are growing more restless.

What's the point of "saving Democracy" if that "Democracy" ignores the will of the People it purports to represent?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

Haley needs 'realistic path' to win primaries after NH loss to Trump, GOP strategists say

Trump needs a 'realistic path' to win the general election in November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump needs a 'realistic path' to win the general election in November.

True and his supporters should have thought about that long ago.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
30 days to the South Carolina primary.

If Mr. Trump gives her a good thrashing there -- her "home state" -- she's out.

Yet another case of an open primary.  IF she secures enough of the DEM votes and independents she just may win it.