Author Topic: Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio  (Read 6400 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2024, 03:35:44 am »
Thinking this through a bit:

* Lake had her convo with DeWitt recorded. How many other DeWitt convos did she record? How many other R leaders did she distrust so much as to record their phone calls?

Who else did she record  besides DeWitt ?

Would you talk to her in private ?

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2024, 01:29:10 pm »
Yeah, in exposing the bribe attempt, Lake ironically destroyed her own political career because nobody will ever trust her again in confidence.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2024, 01:40:15 pm »
Yeah, in exposing the bribe attempt, Lake ironically destroyed her own political career because nobody will ever trust her again in confidence.

I don't know what is ironic about it.

There was no "bribe".  He was conveying a message (and did a lousy job of it). 

She should have gone public right there.  Not with the recording (still have questions about the ethics of recording others without their knowledge), but with the information that she was being "tempted" to stand down by those "back east".  There would have been no issues with that. 

And it should have been 10 months ago.  DeWitt does not get named.  She gets her message out and it helps her cause.

If she destroyed her career, she destroyed it because:

1.  She waited 10 months.
2.  She put the GOP in chaos just as the elections cycle is ramping up (and right before the state mandatory meeting).
3.  She pulls down a fellow Republican with questionable tactic.

She has caused a lot of damage in the party (some people I know have called this the "last straw" and are leaving the party).

She should also realize that people are not neutral about her.  While I applaud her efforts to get the election of 2022 vetted in court (and it should have been redone because it was not done right), her bleating "I won." didn't do her any good with a lot of people.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2024, 01:43:28 pm »
I believe she orchestrated this entire situation to have control over the state party and it is obvious from the recording that she crafted her performance responses with the knowledge that she was recording it, intending to use this recording later to portray herself as a hero in her own hero.

Ya think?????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2024, 04:42:07 pm »
Ya think?????

Since I see you as a Trump devotee, I am curious to know you thoughts on Lake and your history. 

Did you support her prior to this mess ?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2024, 05:05:29 pm »
Since I see you as a Trump devotee, I am curious to@ know you thoughts on Lake and your history. 

Did you support her prior to this mess ?

@HikerGuy83

I know,and care,next to nothing  about her.

And,I am NOT  a "Trump devotee". I support him because he is the only non-career politician  running,and because of his massive ego,ALL he cares about is how he gets written about in the history  books,and his ego demands he gets described as "The President that saved America".

Plus,he can't be distracted by making plans to run for re-election the day he moves into the WH.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2024, 08:06:23 pm »
@HikerGuy83

I know,and care,next to nothing  about her.

And,I am NOT  a "Trump devotee". I support him because he is the only non-career politician  running,and because of his massive ego,ALL he cares about is how he gets written about in the history  books,and his ego demands he gets described as "The President that saved America".

Plus,he can't be distracted by making plans to run for re-election the day he moves into the WH.

@sneakypete

Thank you for the clarrification.

It helps if I can keep context to conversations.