Author Topic: Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio  (Read 6401 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 05:34:03 pm »
Thinking this through a bit:

* Lake had her convo with DeWitt recorded. How many other DeWitt convos did she record? How many other R leaders did she distrust so much as to record their phone calls?

* Lake couldn't have known what DeWitt would propose. Lake also could not know whether his offer was a simple bribe or a recorded attempt to trap her. Whether bribe, trap, or both, recording DeWitt was smart!

* DeWitt was a go-between, a messenger. Will he have to take the fall? Or did he have the wariness to record the call setting him up to be a messenger?

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 12:24:04 am »
Thinking this through a bit:

* Lake had her convo with DeWitt recorded. How many other DeWitt convos did she record? How many other R leaders did she distrust so much as to record their phone calls?

* Lake couldn't have known what DeWitt would propose. Lake also could not know whether his offer was a simple bribe or a recorded attempt to trap her. Whether bribe, trap, or both, recording DeWitt was smart!

* DeWitt was a go-between, a messenger. Will he have to take the fall? Or did he have the wariness to record the call setting him up to be a messenger?

Lake's stock just fell.

You come at someone 10 MONTHS after you recoreded them and you say you'll release more if they don't resign ?

Why would you do that ?

Why would you wait 10 months.

DeWitt is not running for the senate.  DeWitt isn't carrying the other baggage she has.  This isn't helping things at all.

Especially since the state GOP is meeting this weekend.  And I am getting all kinds of ugly notes from people about who is good and who is bad. 

Reminds me of Kansas.

I now have a few more questions about Kari Lake.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2024, 12:33:48 am »

* DeWitt was a go-between, a messenger. Will he have to take the fall?

Offering someone a juicy position is NOT a bribe.  Let's get clear on that.  A bribe is illegal.  This was simply STUPID.  He could have just explained the deal and why and she could have said no.  She said she "can't be bought".  He told her this was a strategic move only he did it a very inexperienced and foolish way.

I could easily see someone saying.....get Lake to hold off until Kelly comes up again.  We can keep her going until then.....and maybe she can even gain some much needed experience in government, party operations, and how to run a campaign.

Mark Kelly comes up.....she blows him away.

Brian Lamb is a good man.  I've heard him speak on several occasions and I like him (not saying I don't like Lake).

So.....no bribe, just some strategy.

NO fall to take.  She just pushed him out of office with the threat of "additional recordings".  So, my guess is....someone is going to want to hear those recordings to ensure there is nothing actually illegal going on.  And if they get them, they might just go after any other recordings she might have (wonder if others are not a little concerned about conversations they had with her). 

Just what we need as we go into 2024. 

Arizona can't look any more stupid.

We are going to turn this seat over to Ruben Gallego, a certified left-wing jackass nutjob. 

We'll be pining for the day Sinnema was around to stop Biden because we can't effing win elections in Georgia (of all places).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 12:36:33 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 05:26:07 am »
Lake booed at the State Mandatory meeting.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2024, 08:04:31 pm »

I am glad I Proxied that one in.  But I had friends there.  It was a bit of a madhouse....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2024, 11:39:35 pm »
The "booing" at the meeting is a symptom of the state's Republican party falling apart.

Ms. Lake may or may not win the race for senator. She will have to beat the Maricopa county fraud better than last time.

But almost any way you look at it, Arizona is a blue state now...

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2024, 11:58:05 pm »
I am glad I Proxied that one in.  But I had friends there.  It was a bit of a madhouse....

A bit ?

I know several people who are so dejected they ready to quit the party altogether.

I find it hard to keep propping them up when we have to deal with this kind of stupidity.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2024, 12:02:26 am »
But almost any way you look at it, Arizona is a blue state now...

Not by a long shot.

Arizona is becoming like Kansas.  The moderates and conservatives in the GOP are at each other's throats.  If someone doesn't right things it will soon be the same tribal warfare we had in the midwest.  In 25 years, I had democratic governors (including Sebelius.....I barf just typing her name) more often than Republican.  And if you don't count Bill Graves (a milquetoast centrist), it's even worse.

Arizona is red. 

But more of that red is from the figurative blood being spilt each time we go through something like this.

At the County Mandatory meeting, Brian Ference (a self proclaimed journalist who was a member at large for the MCRC) got up on several occasions and was soundly booed.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2024, 12:24:20 am »

Hari Kari needs to host a daily outrage show on Newsmax, and let a serious candidate run for senate.  Her own party tried to bribe her into staying out, because she would probably lose.  If she had any sense, she would have kept that embarrassment to herself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 01:00:36 am by cato potatoe »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2024, 01:04:45 am »
A bit ?

I know several people who are so dejected they ready to quit the party altogether.

I find it hard to keep propping them up when we have to deal with this kind of stupidity.

I am at the point where I just want to watch them burn, so I remain a PC and a SC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2024, 02:23:00 pm »
Hari Kari needs to host a daily outrage show on Newsmax, and let a serious candidate run for senate.  Her own party tried to bribe her into staying out, because she would probably lose.  If she had any sense, she would have kept that embarrassment to herself.

And yet the panicked in the party see her much like they see Trump.

I was warming up to her, until now. 

I have a lot of questions about this.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2024, 04:07:00 pm »
Everything I read says BRIBE.

Can someone please tell me how this was a bribe.

She was offered an alternative to running so she would step out of the race because they think she can't win.  WE DO THAT ALL THE TIME.

But she used the word bribe and it is sticking. 

We are a country of drama queens.

Did DeWitt do anything illegal ?

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2024, 04:10:24 pm »
“Tons of Republicans have reached out to me after this to say, ‘I’m done,’” said Sean Noble, a Republican strategist based in Arizona who isn’t involved in the race. “It’s another massive drama completely irrelevant to what she should be doing.” He said he was hearing from Republican donors and activists who are trying to figure out how to get Sinema into the race.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kyrsten-sinema-gets-a-look-from-gop-as-kari-lake-stirs-drama/ar-BB1hIxqm?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=LCTS&cvid=23923827756d49cc876878a30e7f1ab8&ei=20

I'm starting to think Lake just handed the seat to Gallego.  If this does not straighten up soon, I won't vote for her as dog catcher.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 04:11:27 pm by HikerGuy83 »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2024, 05:14:42 pm »
Some bribes are not the least bit unethical, let alone illegal - especially when the person being offered money is not a public official or employee.

Eat your vegetables, and I'll give you a cookie is a bribe. So what.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2024, 05:20:24 pm »
Some bribes are not the least bit unethical, let alone illegal - especially when the person being offered money is not a public official or employee.

Eat your vegetables, and I'll give you a cookie is a bribe. So what.

So, is it a legal or illegal bribe DeWit was offering Kari Lake?  There was a lot of money being offered to a political candidate.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2024, 05:22:24 pm »
So, is it a legal or illegal bribe DeWit was offering Kari Lake?  There was a lot of money being offered to a political candidate.
Depends on AZ law.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Employee" includes a person employed by an enterprise or an agent or fiduciary of a principal.
2. "Employer" includes an enterprise or principal.
3. "Party officer" means a person who holds any position or office in a political party, whether by election, appointment or otherwise.

A.R.S. § 13-2601

A. A person commits bribery of a public servant or party officer if with corrupt intent:
1. Such person offers, confers or agrees to confer any benefit upon a public servant or party officer with the intent to influence the public servant's or party officer's vote, opinion, judgment, exercise of discretion or other action in his official capacity as a public servant or party officer; or
2. While a public servant or party officer, such person solicits, accepts or agrees to accept any benefit upon an agreement or understanding that his vote, opinion, judgment, exercise of discretion or other action as a public servant or party officer may thereby be influenced.
B. It is no defense to a prosecution under this section that a person sought to be influenced was not qualified to act in the desired way because such person had not yet assumed office, lacked jurisdiction or for any other reason.
C. Bribery of a public servant or party officer is a class 4 felony.

A.R.S. § 13-2602
:shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2024, 05:32:20 pm »
Depends on AZ law. :shrug:

DeWit apparently thought it was serious enough to resign his Chair when it came to light.  His replacement is at least as bad as DeWitless.  The new boss is the same as the old boss, and that meets the approval of a segment of TBR.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2024, 11:43:08 pm »
Looking ahead...

If Gallego runs as a dcommunist,
and
If Sinema runs as an "independent"
and
If Lake runs as a Republican,
then
Gallego will get the leftist and a bit of the independent vote
but
Sinema will get the lion's share of independents...

... thoroughly fracturing the leftist/independent votes.

That might just leave enough "Republicans" left voting for Lake to give her a win by plurality (as I believe there are no runoffs in AZ, right, Cyber?).

However, if they are able to persuade Sinema NOT to run, in a head-to-head contest Ms. Lake is going to have as difficult a time beating the communist as she had last time (getting beaten by the election apparatus and a communist apparatchik)...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 11:45:14 pm by Fishrrman »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2024, 11:52:50 pm »
DeWit apparently thought it was serious enough to resign his Chair when it came to light. 
Even if not illegal under AZ law, it was incredibly stupid on DeWit's part.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2024, 12:28:42 am »
Senators represent their state governments and the people of their states - not Mitch McConnell, not National Republican Senatorial Committee, not the RNC, and not their billionaire donors.

@DefiantMassRINO

Wadda yew,sum kinda commie radical?

Weeze awatchin  yew,boy!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2024, 04:27:37 am »

Many outlets have stated there was nothing illegal about it.  Offering money to a political candidate to get OUT of a race is hardly seeking influence.  It is seeking to improve a situation. 

DeWitt was an idiot in the way he handled it.  He should have laid out the offer and said here you are.....

She takes it and gets away from some of her baggage and beats Kelly the next time around.

As it is, she's toast in my book. 

And she probably handed the seat to a certifiable left-wing whack-job marxist.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2024, 04:29:01 am »
Looking ahead...

If Gallego runs as a dcommunist,
and
If Sinema runs as an "independent"
and
If Lake runs as a Republican,
then
Gallego will get the leftist and a bit of the independent vote
but
Sinema will get the lion's share of independents...

... thoroughly fracturing the leftist/independent votes.

That might just leave enough "Republicans" left voting for Lake to give her a win by plurality (as I believe there are no runoffs in AZ, right, Cyber?).

However, if they are able to persuade Sinema NOT to run, in a head-to-head contest Ms. Lake is going to have as difficult a time beating the communist as she had last time (getting beaten by the election apparatus and a communist apparatchik)...

Lake just lost a whole lot of GOP support.

I don't think she could win if she ran unopposed.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2024, 04:31:33 am »

DeWit apparently thought it was serious enough to resign his Chair when it came to light.  His replacement is at least as bad as DeWitless.  The new boss is the same as the old boss, and that meets the approval of a segment of TBR.

He's claiming her campaign threatene to release more damning recordings if he didn't resign. 

How long did she have those and why the eff would she do this NOW.

Why not ten months ago ?

Kari Lake....the woman who handed an Arizona Senate seat to a jackass marxist.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 03:49:39 am by HikerGuy83 »

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2024, 04:33:26 am »
Even if not illegal under AZ law, it was incredibly stupid on DeWit's part.

Amen.

A total example of how not to do something. 

The guy just does not sound all that bright to me.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2024, 12:07:55 am »
My precinct captain indicated they were getting out being in the organization and out of the party post 2024.

Lake was the last straw. 

I suspect at least one other precinct person in my precinct will follow them.