State Chapters > Arizona

Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio

(1/12) > >>

Cyber Liberty:
Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio

--- Quote ---
Jan 24, 2024, 12:15 PM | Updated: 12:36 pm

PHOENIX — Arizona Republican Party Chair Jeff DeWit resigned Wednesday after audio was leaked of him apparently offering Kari Lake a financial incentive to stay out of the 2024 U.S. Senate race.

DeWit’s departure comes as The Daily Mail, a British news organization, released audio on Tuesday from the March 2023 conversation between the two. DeWit, in announcing his resignation, said the clip was a “deceptive tactic” and a “selectively edited audio recording.”

“I said things I regret, but I realize when hearing Lake’s recording that I was set up,” DeWit said in a statement.

“I believe she orchestrated this entire situation to have control over the state party and it is obvious from the recording that she crafted her performance responses with the knowledge that she was recording it, intending to use this recording later to portray herself as a hero in her own hero.

--- End quote ---

More:  https://ktar.com/story/5558919/arizona-gop-chair-jeff-dewit-resigns-following-leaked-kari-lake-audio/

===========================================================

Good deal.  DeWitless has been trying to destroy AZGOP since he was elected last January....

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on January 24, 2024, 07:43:00 pm ---Arizona GOP Chair Jeff DeWit resigns following leaked Kari Lake audio

More:  https://ktar.com/story/5558919/arizona-gop-chair-jeff-dewit-resigns-following-leaked-kari-lake-audio/

===========================================================

Good deal.  DeWitless has been trying to destroy AZGOP since he was elected last January....

--- End quote ---

:yowsa: 888high58888

bigheadfred:
 :yowsa:

rustynail:
'*itch set me up'...

Free Vulcan:
You ran your mouth and you got caught.

Sucks to be you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page