Author Topic: Polls Suddenly Looking Different Now That Trump Sealed the Deal?  (Read 5104 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Polls Suddenly Looking Different Now That Trump Sealed the Deal?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2024, 07:44:38 pm »
No

They are a reflection of what a group of people feel  about  a particular moment about a person or an issue

Any presidential polls right now are a reflection of how that group of people feel about a candidate at this particular moment in time

You can’t just dismiss polls that you don’t like

YOU don't know what you are talking about @LMAO ! I don't dismiss just the ones I don't like, I dismiss ALL of them if they are for public consumption. They are to influence opinions, not measure them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:45:48 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2024, 08:17:39 pm »

Everyone can see that Joe is evil and his policies are disastrous. 
Everyone said Biden is Obama's third term, as a sarcastic sort of dismissive joke. NO!
Obama is the President now, right now, Obama is running everything. Why the destruction of America?
Why is everything so 'insane'? Obama vowed to "fundamentally change" America.

It is not Biden. Biden gets lost in his own bathroom. Biden has no idea where he is or what is going on.
This is all Obama, continuing his hate for America even now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online LMAO

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2024, 08:31:07 pm »
YOU don't know what you are talking about @LMAO ! I don't dismiss just the ones I don't like, I dismiss ALL of them if they are for public consumption. They are to influence opinions, not measure them.

How the hell is a poll  that asks “ if the election was held today, who would you vote for?” supposed to influence public opinion?

It’s simply asking a question. It’s not influencing public opinion in anyway with just a basic question.

If I were to do a poll that  asked people “which fast food joint do they prefer, McDonald’s or Burger King”, I’m not trying to influence public opinion, but to gauge it

Polls and surveys are done all the time to gauge how people feel about a certain issue, or a certain candidate . Saying that all polls are done to try to influence public opinion doesn’t make sense
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:38:57 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2024, 08:32:48 pm »
How the hell is a poll  that asks “ if the election was held today, who would you vote for?” supposed to influence public opinion?

It’s simply asking a question. It’s not influencing public opinion in anyway with just a basic question.

Lemmings
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2024, 10:04:23 pm »

Easy! You ask the question in the right places at the right time of day and then flood the media with the result..

If I were to do a poll that  asked people “which fast food joint do they prefer, McDonald’s or Burger King”, I’m not trying to influence public opinion, but to gauge it

ROFLMAO!  Why else would someone commission such a poll if not to influence opinions?

Polls and surveys are done all the time to gauge how people feel about a certain issue, or a certain candidate . Saying that all polls are done to try to influence public opinion doesn’t make sense

8bs8

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2024, 10:10:49 pm »
I forget whatever business class I was taking at the time, but they were talking about polls.  It was amazing how they could be influenced by the question asked.  Basically you start with the answer you want, then you develop the question.  Pretty sick...

Polling is big business and believe me, the people who do it for a living KNOW what they are doing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2024, 10:43:51 pm »
Easy! You ask the question in the right places at the right time of day and then flood the media with the result..

ROFLMAO!  Why else would someone commission such a poll if not to influence opinions?

8bs8

Joe Biden’s approval rating is in the toilet. I am assuming you accept that. How do you think they came to that conclusion and how are they trying to influence public opinion with that?

Based on your argument, the media is trying to convince people that Joe Biden approval rating is in the 30s cause they’re trying to influence more people to vote against Biden and for Trump

You see how ridiculous your argument sounds
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2024, 10:55:03 pm »

They will blame voter fraud..

@kevindavis007

True,and we all know there is no such thing,right? </S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 11:31:33 pm »
As the election grows closer, The Party will take steps to "sculpt" the polls to prepare the public for the results of the underground (and above-ground) election apparatus.

Thus, making The Party's "control" of the election outcome an easier pill to swallow...

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2024, 11:42:47 pm »
Joe Biden’s approval rating is in the toilet. I am assuming you accept that. How do you think they came to that conclusion and how are they trying to influence public opinion with that?

Based on your argument, the media is trying to convince people that Joe Biden approval rating is in the 30s cause they’re trying to influence more people to vote against Biden and for Trump

You see how ridiculous your argument sounds

We were told that Joe Biden's numbers were in the toilet until yesterday when they magically took a big rebound.  You can continue with your delusion. I don't care.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 12:08:04 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2024, 11:45:06 pm »
As the election grows closer, The Party will take steps to "sculpt" the polls to prepare the public for the results of the underground (and above-ground) election apparatus.

Thus, making The Party's "control" of the election outcome an easier pill to swallow...

Sculpt the polls??? Surely you jest!!! /S

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2024, 11:49:23 pm »
Joe Biden's numbers were in the toilet until yesterday when they magically took a big rebound.  You can continue with your delusion. I don't care.

You just made my argument :laugh:

How did you know that Biden’s numbers were in the toilet? Polls. You accepted those polls.

But now that they’ve rebounded, somewhat, you don’t accept the polls
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 11:55:10 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2024, 11:56:01 pm »
Trump can beat Biden.

Biden is wrong on immigration.
Biden is wrong on energy policy.
Biden is wrong on foreign policy.
Biden is wrong on domestic policy.
Biden is wrong on fiscal policy.
Biden is wrong on tax policy.

Maybe Biden's "Democracy" is not worth saving.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2024, 11:56:02 pm »

You just made my argument :laugh:

How did you know that Biden’s numbers were in the toilet? Polls

But now that they’ve rebounded, somewhat, you don’t accept the polls

LOL!!! Whatever you say sport! The media would NEVER lie to us, would they?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2024, 12:00:09 am »
LOL!!! Whatever you say sport! The media would NEVER lie to us, would they?

I’m just saying, you made my argument for me whether you realize it or not :shrug:

You said Joe Biden’s approval rating  was in the toilet? How did you come to that conclusion? That was through polls

As I’ve said, people only accept polls that fit their narrative

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2024, 12:04:52 am »
Ronna needs to get off of her butt and start working on election and ballot integrity.

Ronna was not hired to work on election and ballot integrity.  She was hired because she flatters Trump.  Which is why the GOP will be plagued again with the same ballot issues that defeated them in 2020 and 2022.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2024, 12:06:22 am »
Trump can beat Biden.

Biden is wrong on immigration.
Biden is wrong on energy policy.
Biden is wrong on foreign policy.
Biden is wrong on domestic policy.
Biden is wrong on fiscal policy.
Biden is wrong on tax policy.

Biden has been wrong on each of those things for decades.  No one is surprised by his actions.  No one had any other expectations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2024, 12:07:48 am »

And Donald Trump hasn't lifted a finger to change any of it.  He still thinks that elections are won by holding big rallies and trashing other Republicans.

Online LMAO

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2024, 12:10:41 am »
He still thinks that elections are won by holding big rallies and trashing other Republicans.

And by appealing to left-wing groups

The UAW came out and endorsed Biden. Did Trump really believe that they would endorse him? Have they ever endorsed a Republican?

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2024, 12:11:12 am »
Biden has been wrong on each of those things for decades.  No one is surprised by his actions.  No one had any other expectations.

Has there been anything that Biden has been right on during his political career?

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2024, 12:12:31 am »
I’m just saying, you made my argument for me whether you realize it or not :shrug:

You said Joe Biden’s approval rating  was in the toilet? How did you come to that conclusion? That was through polls

As I’ve said, people only accept polls that fit their narrative

I corrected my post to read what I intended. But you knew what I meant already.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2024, 12:28:39 am »
I'd take Reagan with Alzheimer's over either of these 2 yahoo's.

No question.

I’d like “Republicans” to stop saying Trump is even the equal of Reagan, much less superior.  Yikes.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2024, 12:35:39 am »
Has there been anything that Biden has been right on during his political career?

No..this is why he was known as the stupidest man in the Senate...according to Ted Kennedy..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2024, 12:41:15 am »
And Donald Trump hasn't lifted a finger to change any of it.  He still thinks that elections are won by holding big rallies and trashing other Republicans.

:bingo:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 12:55:57 am »

@LMAO

Of course.

"Ice cream is tasty."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!