Author Topic: Polls Suddenly Looking Different Now That Trump Sealed the Deal?  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/01/24/polls-suddenly-looking-different-now-that-trump-sealed-the-deal-n606901

One poll does not a trend make.

But this poll jumped off the page (screen) when I saw it.

New PA Poll:  SP&R today releases its latest Pa poll testing general election for POTUS match up between Joe Biden and Donald Trump:

Biden, 46.8%
Trump, 39.3%
Not Sure, 7.6%
Other, 5.6%

Sample size 745 LV; Field Dates 1/15-1/21/24. MOE +/-3.7%.

Yep. Susquehanna shows President Joe Biden beating Donald Trump by more than 7 points, at least if the election were held today.

In 2020 the election was decided by 1 point, and that was before the past 3 years of failures have driven Joe Biden’s approval rating into the toilet.

So what’s going on? Is this a bad poll? A biased poll? An outlier–even pollsters will tell you that 1 out of 5 polls are just wrong, and the margin of error is almost 4%.

But geez, that is a shocking poll.

I checked on the reliability of Susquehanna as a pollster at RealClearPolitics, and it rates reasonably highly and most of its errors favor Republicans. The average divergence from the final election results is not great, but not awful at 2.6%–within the MoE. That’s less than half the error rate of Rassmussen.

EXCERPT

Trumpers are going to get what they wished for...good and hard!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 01:34:13 pm by Timber Rattler »
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online DB

Re: Polls Suddenly Looking Different Now That Trump Sealed the Deal?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 02:12:56 pm »
One man's ego sticking his finger in the eye of enemies makes trashing the country all worthwhile apparently...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 02:14:57 pm »
You may be right but Trump winning PA was always a long shot.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 02:15:51 pm »
Clarity ... Biden's enthusiasm gap may come back to bite him.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 02:16:16 pm »
https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-biden

When and if this changes then it will be time to worry.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 02:21:42 pm »
You may be right but Trump winning PA was always a long shot.

Correct...there are 800,000 more registered Democrats in the Commonwealth than Republicans, concentrated in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and they vote!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 02:36:31 pm »
Clarity ... Biden's enthusiasm gap may come back to bite him.

There was no enthusiasm for Biden in 2020.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 03:22:22 pm »
Susquehanna shows President Joe Biden beating Donald Trump by more than 7 points, at least if the election were held today.

This is JANUARY. Polls this far in advance are ususally pretty meaningless.
Poll numbers move A LOT during the year.

Remember, in JUNE 1992, Bill Clinton was polling in SINGLE DIGITS
against George Bush!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2024, 03:24:41 pm »

This is JANUARY. Polls this far in advance are ususally pretty meaningless.
Poll numbers move A LOT during the year.

Remember, in JUNE 1992, Bill Clinton was polling in SINGLE DIGITS
against George Bush!

Bill Clinton was also unknown to the electorate in June 1992

Trump is well known
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 03:54:20 pm »
Pollsters get paid to produce the results their clients want. Period! End of story!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 04:36:32 pm »
Pollsters get paid to produce the results their clients want. Period! End of story!

No

They are a reflection of what a group of people feel  about  a particular moment about a person or an issue

Any presidential polls right now are a reflection of how that group of people feel about a candidate at this particular moment in time

You can’t just dismiss polls that you don’t like
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 04:44:07 pm »
   Quote from: Bigun on Today at 03:54:20 pm

No

They are a reflection of what a group of people feel  about  a particular moment about a person or an issue

Any presidential polls right now are a reflection of how that group of people feel about a candidate at this particular moment in time

You can’t just dismiss polls that you don’t like

The polls were famously wrong in 1980 and 2016.
But they turned out to be right in 2012.

Polls are supposed to reduce uncertainty,
but it turns out that they have plenty of uncertainty of their own!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 05:24:38 pm »

The polls were famously wrong in 1980 and 2016.
But they turned out to be right in 2012.

Polls are supposed to reduce uncertainty,
but it turns out that they have plenty of uncertainty of their own!

2016 WAS A FLUKE!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 05:28:13 pm »

2016 WAS A FLUKE!

Millions of Democrats stayed home along with the high negatives of Hillary Clinton and the novelty of Donald Trump being new to the political scene

Even with all that in his favor, he got less than 50% of the vote, and only one through the electoral college

Polls right now are a little premature. And any polls taken in January does not necessarily reflect what will happen in November

But Donald Trump is known to the public at large and he’s probably maxed out his level of support. Hoping that the economy crashes, and stating that publicly probably doesn’t endear himself to the American voter.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 05:29:21 pm »
Time to worry has already passed.  We are stuck with Biden for another 4 years.  The biggest question is if Trump will cost us the House and Senate, which is VERY likely.

:yowsa:

Really need to have control of either the House or the Senate, or we're screwed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 05:50:26 pm »
Millions of Democrats stayed home along with the high negatives of Hillary Clinton and the novelty of Donald Trump being new to the political scene

Even with all that in his favor, he got less than 50% of the vote, and only one through the electoral college

Polls right now are a little premature. And any polls taken in January does not necessarily reflect what will happen in November

But Donald Trump is known to the public at large and he’s probably maxed out his level of support. Hoping that the economy crashes, and stating that publicly probably doesn’t endear himself to the American voter.

DJT needs to stay on the course of pointing out why conservatism (yes, I know that he isn't) works and liberalism doesn't.  Everyone can see that Joe is evil and his policies are disastrous.  Trump needs to tell this country what he is going to do to put us on a path forward. He needs to start showing leadership and stop the attacks, childish name calling and rants.  Take a vacation to relieve some mental stress.

He has 91 felonies against him which is a tremendous amount of baggage. 

IF he should be unable to serve does he have to give his delegates to Haley who stayed in the race longer than DeSantis?  I honestly don't know how that works. Anyone???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 06:14:50 pm »
DJT needs to stay on the course of pointing out why conservatism (yes, I know that he isn't) works and liberalism doesn't.  Everyone can see that Joe is evil and his policies are disastrous.  Trump needs to tell this country what he is going to do to put us on a path forward. He needs to start showing leadership and stop the attacks, childish name calling and rants.  Take a vacation to relieve some mental stress.

He’s already doing none of the above. He’s promising retribution on behalf of his base, pushing more spending, lashing out at anybody who would give him that advice, promising more tariffs, more wrongheaded economic policies in a time when with debt to GDP ratio is over 120% and inflation is still raging

We have one of his most dedicated sycophants on another thread who  believes that the good tax paying people of Florida should have to pay for Trump’s legal bills. That is not conservatism

« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 06:23:40 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2024, 06:15:29 pm »
Time to worry has already passed.  We are stuck with Biden for another 4 years.  The biggest question is if Trump will cost us the House and Senate, which is VERY likely.

Don’t worry.  One or the other or both could die in this time period.

Yeah, age is a concern.

Remember how much rancor there was over Reagan’s age?  As he was LEAVING?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 06:22:18 pm »
:yowsa:

Really need to have control of either the House or the Senate, or we're screwed.

Trump supporters don't care about keeping either.  All that matters is Trump's ego getting stroked.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2024, 06:26:29 pm »
In case there's any question about who the GOP Establishment is backing:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1750012829367697522
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2024, 06:28:15 pm »

He has 91 felonies against him which is a tremendous amount of baggage. 

IF he should be unable to serve does he have to give his delegates to Haley who stayed in the race longer than DeSantis?  I honestly don't know how that works. Anyone???

He has no conservative values! He is a Populist! Populism is not a conservative value!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2024, 06:54:42 pm »
Haley does need to drop out, so she won't be a factor when Trump is replaced at the RNC, due to legal issues (I can always dream).

Ronna needs to get off of her butt and start working on election and ballot integrity.

Haley has stated that she will continue on to Super Tuesday in March.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2024, 07:07:38 pm »
In case there's any question about who the GOP Establishment is backing:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1750012829367697522

After two contests in relatively small states, where the incumbent struggled to reach 50%? 

This chick should have been sacked after the midterms.  The only reason she stays is because Trump wants her there.  But don’t call the GOP a cult, whatever you do …