Author Topic: NGA to gather more unclassified economic, military intel from commercial sats  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NGA to gather more unclassified economic, military intel from commercial sats

"Commercial analytics-as-a-service, or the purchase of analysis vice pixels, means that we can integrate commercial capabilities faster into our existing products and services (e.g., object detection)," an NGA spokesperson told Breaking Defense.
By   THERESA HITCHENS
on January 22, 2024 at 1:46 PM

WASHINGTON — The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is launching a new program designed to greatly expand intelligence and insights gleaned from unclassified sources for use by US and allied analysts.

The focus of the effort, called Luno A, is primarily on data gathered by commercial remote sensing satellites, an NGA spokesperson told Breaking Defense.

“Luno A will transform NGA’s approach for geospatial information and knowledge” and “expand access to data and services” for the National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSG) network, by delivering data that enables “analysts to add context to analytic assessments, and have unparalleled insight into and data to quantify worldwide economic and environmental activity and military capabilities,” NGA’s Jan. 10 request for proposals (RFP) states.

The NSG is made up of representatives of the US Intelligence Community, the Joint Staff, the military services, combatant commands, international partners (including from the Five Eyes nations), federal agencies and other civil users of geospatial intelligence (GEOINT).

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/01/nga-to-gather-more-unclassified-economic-military-intel-from-commercial-sats/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just what is the plan for how NGA is to deal with it?  The military has squandered most of it's revenue.  The Feds are squandering a whole bunch on babysitting illegals.  The congress is incapable of prioritizing anything essential.  The president doesn't even know where he is.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson