Author Topic: DeSantis kills bill helping Trump day after endorsing former rival  (Read 4812 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: DeSantis kills bill helping Trump day after endorsing former rival
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 01:14:19 am »
@GtHawk

Class envy is never pretty,OR "classy".

And Trump would have never had those legal bills if he hadn't ran for President.

Not that you care about reality.

AGAIN, SO WHAT, @sneakypete ? How does that make the good people of Florida responsible to pay his legal bills?

Online LMAO

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 01:29:02 am »
AGAIN, SO WHAT, @sneakypete ? How does that make the good people of Florida responsible to pay his legal bills?

He has the strangest arguments

I don’t get what class envy has to do with forcing taxpayers to pay for the legal fees of a billionaire.

Unless he just sees the word billionaire and Trump, and it causes him anxiety

Should taxpayers give billionaires food stamps?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2024, 02:16:30 am »
He has the strangest arguments

I don’t get what class envy has to do with forcing taxpayers to pay for the legal fees of a billionaire.

Nothing. Nothing at all. A complete and utter disconnect.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2024, 02:21:19 am »
While we’re at it, let’s force Delaware residents to pay for Hunter Biden’s prostitutes.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2024, 02:38:33 am »
Misleading headline. The bill was so unpopular it was pulled anyway.  DeSantis didn't have to kill it.  https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-allies-florida-establish-fund-legal-battles-desantis-veto-2024-1

Online corbe

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 04:03:27 am »
   Trump has probably been the most litigatious person in American History, certainly Presidents, over 4,000 Lawsuits.  It's what he does, apparently old age doesn't slow him down.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 04:40:42 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2024, 04:55:50 am »
@GtHawk

Class envy is never pretty,OR "classy".

And Trump would have never had those legal bills if he hadn't ran for President.

Not that you care about reality.
I'm not the one living in an alternate orange reality. Exactly what class envy have I exhibited, be specific. Not supporting your orange idol is not class envy, believing that American taxpayers should not be paying for your billionaire orange idols legal bills is not class envy. I am absolutely positive you just pulled another unfounded accusation out of your sphincter because you've got nothing else, but go ahead list all the times I have posted anything envious about the orange one, I'll wait

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2024, 10:49:33 am »
You are not making any sense @sneakypete  - the bills ARE Trump's.  He decided to run and what happens as a result of that he owns.

As for the class envy crappola -it's exactly that.  Genuine crappola!

@libertybele

You just keep telling yourself that. Maybe one day  you  will even come to believe it yourself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2024, 10:53:02 am »
I'm not the one living in an alternate orange reality. Exactly what class envy have I exhibited, be specific. Not supporting your orange idol is not class envy, believing that American taxpayers should not be paying for your billionaire orange idols legal bills is not class envy. I am absolutely positive you just pulled another unfounded accusation out of your sphincter because you've got nothing else, but go ahead list all the times I have posted anything envious about the orange one, I'll wait

@GtHawk

Read the above post.

As  for posting  all of  your envious and jealous BS,I have a life to live that is NOT controlled by you.

Online LMAO

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2024, 01:03:10 pm »
Let the record show that @sneakypete believes taxpayers should pay the legal fees of the rich

Gotta love his “debate” style. Makes judgments and accusations and then tells others they need to prove his case. When he does that, it’s best to just ignore him as it’s just his way of lashing out when the object of his affection(Trump) is under attack
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 01:04:41 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2024, 01:52:38 pm »
Let the record show that @sneakypete believes taxpayers should pay the legal fees of the rich

Gotta love his “debate” style. Makes judgments and accusations and then tells others they need to prove his case. When he does that, it’s best to just ignore him as it’s just his way of lashing out when the object of his affection(Trump) is under attack

@LMAO

Let the record state that  you are not only delusional,you are as full of  Biden as a  Christmas goose.

The ONLY reason Trump is facing all these charges is BECAUSE he is running for President and is a threat to the professional left,as well as to jealous,petty,insecure losers like yourself.

I guess YOU prefer a system where ANY political candidate that runs for public office and is then bombarded with bogus legal charges would be REQUIRED to pay all their legal fees out of pocket?

Or is it just the wealthy that you want to see punished BECAUSE they are wealthy,Comrade?

Online LMAO

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2024, 02:03:04 pm »
@LMAO

Let the record state that  you are not only delusional,you are as full of  Biden as a  Christmas goose.

The ONLY reason Trump is facing all these charges is BECAUSE he is running for President and is a threat to the professional left,as well as to jealous,petty,insecure losers like yourself.

I guess YOU prefer a system where ANY political candidate that runs for public office and is then bombarded with bogus legal charges would be REQUIRED to pay all their legal fees out of pocket?

Or is it just the wealthy that you want to see punished BECAUSE they are wealthy,Comrade?

First, you tell me that I’m full of shit. Then everything you posted after that confirmed my assessment of your position… Lol. Then his las sentence he attempts an argument I never made

But I’ll tell you what. Since you feel so strongly about this  that, yes, taxpayers should pay for billionaires legal fees, why don’t you give up a good portion of your veterans benefits to help him

Don’t demand that other taxpayers pay for things you believe in. Show us that you’re consistent.

The bill was so unpopular it didn’t even make it to Ron DeSantis’s desk.

I have a hunch that your position on this doesn’t apply to the Biden’s. It’s just that your personal affection for Donald Trump is clouding your judgment.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 04:12:43 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2024, 02:23:56 pm »
SP responses is exactly why this type of legislation is a very bad idea

If Donald Trump is cleared of the charges, and it was found that those charging him engaged in legal malpractice, he should be reimbursed for his legal fees that he had to spend

But that’s not what this bill is. There are people who think the charges against both Joe and Hunter Biden are bogus and politically motivated. So the people in Florida under that bill would also have to pay any legal fees of any politician that is charged just because somebody comes up with the subjective idea that the charges are bogus before there’s even really been a trial

Love of a politician should not cloud judgment, nor should it be a licensed to set bad precedent

Barry Goldwater

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2024, 04:04:07 pm »
Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) quashed hope for a bill introduced in the Florida legislature that would allow taxpayer funds to pay for former President Donald Trump’s legal expenses.

Republican Trump endorser state Sen. Ileana Garcia introduced the bill, “Grants for Victims of Political Discrimination,” which would authorize up to $5 million to be granted to a qualified person.

Actual justice would be to make the "Democrat" political hack prosecutors
PERSONALLY LIABLE for all of the legal expenses they are inflicting on Trump
with their MALICIOUS PROSECUTIONS!

They are abusing their power, delegated to them by the voters,
spending PUBLIC money, ILLEGALLY attacking an innocent person
with FABRICATED charges!

THE PROSECUTION IS THE CRIME!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2024, 07:23:42 pm »

You have failed AGAIN (yet) to explain how that makes the People of Florida responsible for his legal fees.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2024, 07:27:46 pm »

They are abusing their power, delegated to them by the voters,
spending PUBLIC money, ILLEGALLY attacking an innocent person
with FABRICATED charges!

Then he"ll have plenty of evidence for a civil suit. That's how this is done. That's what will stop it in the future. That's what will hurt so damn bad they'll never do it again.

But making the People of Florida pay for his defense is damnwell  wrong. Flat wrong.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2024, 11:01:50 pm »
@GtHawk

Read the above post.

As  for posting  all of  your envious and jealous BS,I have a life to live that is NOT controlled by you.
Are you off your meds? How or when did I ever try to control you? If anyone is trying to control others it's you with your constant abuse and name calling of anyone that doesn't follow your lead and genuflect at the altar of orange. Thanks but no thanks back to ignore you go and my life will be better for it, too bad though because other than you orange obsession I enjoyed your comments on other issues. OH Well....adios amigo  :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2024, 11:09:24 pm »

First, you tell me that I’m full of shit. Then everything you posted after that confirmed my assessment of your position… Lol. Then his las sentence he attempts an argument I never made

But I’ll tell you what. Since you feel so strongly about this  that, yes, taxpayers should pay for billionaires legal fees, why don’t you give up a good portion of your veterans benefits to help him

Don’t demand that other taxpayers pay for things you believe in. Show us that you’re consistent.

The bill was so unpopular it didn’t even make it to Ron DeSantis’s desk.

I have a hunch that your position on this doesn’t apply to the Biden’s. It’s just that your personal affection for Donald Trump is clouding your judgment.

@LMAO

I am going to quit responding to most of the knee-jerk comments about Trump that are posted by jerks,but the FACT is that Trump is facing paying his own legal bills because unlike Biden,HE does NOT hold public office. If he WERE holding down an elected position with  the federal government,there would be teams of goobernment lawyers working for him free of charge to him.

Which is NOT the same thing as "free"  because they would be billing the government.

Reverse class warfare is no prettier than class warfare.

The FACT is you hate Trump because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth,period.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2024, 11:15:54 pm »
SP responses is exactly why this type of legislation is a very bad idea

If Donald Trump is cleared of the charges, and it was found that those charging him engaged in legal malpractice, he should be reimbursed for his legal fees that he had to spend

@LMAO

Uhhhhh,if the feral gooberment was paying his legal fees and he is cleared,the feral gooberment should be reimbursed for the time and money they spent to defend him.

This isn't all that complex,and I honestly can't figure out why it puzzles so many of you.

But that’s not what this bill is. There are people who think the charges against both Joe and Hunter Biden are bogus and politically motivated. So the people in Florida under that bill would also have to pay any legal fees of any politician that is charged just because somebody comes up with the subjective idea that the charges are bogus before there’s even really been a trial

Blah,blah,BullBush,blah.

IF there are any  criminal charges filed against Slow Joe (NOT Hunter because he is not holding a gooberment office),AND Slow Joe was found to be innocent by a court,the alleged Justice Dept is obligated to file charges against the people who took Slow Joe to court and accused him of committing crimes while in office.

This really ain't all that complex to people who aren't blinded by jealousy.

Online libertybele

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2024, 11:18:19 pm »
@LMAO

I am going to quit responding to most of the knee-jerk comments about Trump that are posted by jerks,but the FACT is that Trump is facing paying his own legal bills because unlike Biden,HE does NOT hold public office. If he WERE holding down an elected position with  the federal government,there would be teams of goobernment lawyers working for him free of charge to him.

Which is NOT the same thing as "free"  because they would be billing the government.

Reverse class warfare is no prettier than class warfare.

The FACT is you hate Trump because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth,period.

@sneakypete do you expect the State government to pay your legal bills??

You are correct in the fact that Trump does not hold public office.  Therefore, he is NOT entitled for a state to pay for his legal bills. That's on him. He owes the money.  Not the people of any state!

You're repeated rhetoric and talking points of Trump are very tiring.  :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2024, 11:22:56 pm »

@unite for individuality

BINGO!

It would be several crimes,one of which would be slander,and the lawyers (EVEN  Government lawyers) would normally take the accuser/accusers to court and file something like "malicious prosecution" charges against the accusers if the evidence was strong enough,and if not,they would still file charges to get the accussers to reimburse the government for the legal representatives of the falsely accused.

NO LAWYER works for free. Not  even gooberment  lawyers.
[/size]

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2024, 11:23:43 pm »
You have failed AGAIN (yet) to explain how that makes the People of Florida responsible for his legal fees.

@roamer_1

Why would I,when I never made that claim?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2024, 11:26:19 pm »
Then he"ll have plenty of evidence for a civil suit. That's how this is done. That's what will stop it in the future. That's what will hurt so damn bad they'll never do it again.

But making the People of Florida pay for his defense is damnwell  wrong. Flat wrong.

@roamer_1

Yes,it is,and that is one reason Florida will be re-imbursed for the legal hours they spent defending him against bogus charges.

And if they don't,it's nobody's fault but their own.

Online LMAO

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2024, 11:37:38 pm »
@roamer_1

Yes,it is,and that is one reason Florida will be re-imbursed for the legal hours they spent defending him against bogus charges.

And if they don't,it's nobody's fault but their own.

This doesn't make sense

If the state of Florida doesn't agree to use tax payer funds for Trump's defense, it's their fault?? The state of Florida isn't defending Trump. That isn't their job. Who is going to reimburse Florida for a non existent defense ?????

Seriously, do you ever proofread your posts before you press the "Post" button
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 11:48:19 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater