Author Topic: Federal agency spent nearly $20 billion to settle migrants all over the US: report  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal agency spent nearly $20 billion to settle migrants all over the US: report
t was also reported that a majority of the money was given to nonprofits that would help migrants save up for large necessities such as a house or car.

By Charlotte Hazard
Published: January 23, 2024 7:36pm

The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) spent almost $20 billion in the years 2022 and 2023 on refugee resettlement, according to a recent report.

According to OpenTheBooks, the ORR, which is a part of Health and Human Services, spent $8.9 billion in fiscal year 2022 and $10.9 billion in fiscal year 2023 when migrant encounters at the U.S. southern border was at an all time high.

It was also reported that a majority of the money was given to nonprofits that would help migrants save up for large necessities such as a house or car.

"Potential migrants from an ever-broader range of countries are trying to enter the country by any means necessary, OpenTheBooks CEO Adam Andrzejewski, in a statement, according to local media.

https://justthenews.com/government/federal-agencies/federal-agency-spent-20-billion-settle-migrants-all-over-us
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson