Author Topic: Democrats believe abortion will motivate voters in 2024. Will it be enough?  (Read 525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats believe abortion will motivate voters in 2024. Will it be enough?

The Biden campaign is betting big on abortion rights as a major driver in this year's presidential election
ByCOLLEEN LONG Associated Press and CHRIS MEGERIAN Associated Press
January 21, 2024, 7:42 AM

WASHINGTON -- When Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said recently that he was “proud” to have a hand in overturning the abortion protections enshrined in Roe v. Wade, Democratic pollster Celinda Lake took it as a political gift, thinking to herself, “Oh my God, we just won the election.”

It may not be that simple, but as the 2024 race heats up, President Joe Biden's campaign is betting big on abortion rights as a major driver for Democrats in the election. Republicans are still trying to figure out how to talk about the issue, if at all, and avoid a political backlash.

“A vote for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris is a vote to restore Roe, and a vote for Donald Trump is a vote to ban abortion across the country,” said Julie Chavez Rodriguez, Biden's campaign manager. “These are the stakes in 2024.”

more
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/democrats-abortion-motivate-voters-2024-106547430
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Abortion, combined with their seething desire to keep Donald Trump out of the White House, will absolutely motivate them to the polls

This writer must’ve missed 2022 and 2023 elections
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pro-choice won referendums in Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio ... not every American jurisdiction wants to go full Texas Taliban on reproductive choice issues.

It will be interesting to see if a shortage of OBGYN doctors develops and worsens in Texas as a result of the Texas Attorney General's zeal to imprison or fine anyone who performs, or helps a patient get access to, a medical procedure he does not approve of.

Talk about Government Death Panels.  Women should not be forced to become septic to allow doctors to medically intervene in a failing, or potentially fatal, pregnancy at the behest of the Texas Attorney General.  In private medicine, such a parctice would be deemed medically, and possibly legally, negligent.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 03:55:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who annointed the Texas Attorney General God?

Texas doesn't need a Government Death Panel because the Texas Attorney General is a Government Death Czar.

There will be real-world consequences for Republicans and the state of Texas for the extremity of their abortion law and its enforcement.

Fixed it for you....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:01:12 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who annointed the Texas Attorney General God?

Texas doesn't need a Government Death Panel because the Texas Attorney General is a Government Death Czar.

There will be real-world consequences for Republicans and the state of Texas for the extremity of their abortion law and its enforcement.
God? Why nobody, but it appears the people of Texas voted in a legislature that past a law of which the Texas Attorney General is the primary arbiter before the final arbiters of a judge and jury. The people of Texas always have the power to modify the law or eliminate it, and that is exactly as it should be.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Abortion is down the list of priorities this election, and with Biden's insistence on not fixing the border and continued actions to trash the Economy, it's unclear to me how he can push Abortion to the top of that list.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Biden's wrong border policy, wrong energy policy, wrong inflation policy, wrong fiscal policy, and wrong Iran policy are giving abortion a good run for its money as election priorities.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If that is the issue that gives a big win for the Rats, then frankly the country isn't worth saving.

I no longer care about people who vote for self-righteousness over self-preservation. They can reap the rewards of the Congress and Executive being in Rat hands.
The Republic is lost.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Abortion is down the list of priorities this election, and with Biden's insistence on not fixing the border and continued actions to trash the Economy, it's unclear to me how he can push Abortion to the top of that list.
I don't know...the vast majority of leftards couldn't care any less about the economy or border security. Especially the females of the species. They and their cuck sperm donors who don't want to be "burdened" by their carelessness or ambivalence towards creating a life will surely turn out for this singular issue. Given all the gaslighting the WH has been doing to the public and the media's complicity in providing cover on the issues of the economy and border, I believe abortion, err, excuse me, "reproductive rights" (sarc) will be "a big deal".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There won't be much of a "red wave" in states that have an "abortion measure" on the ballot (by way of initiative, or other means).

The young leftist/liberal females will turn out in numbers large enough to "cancel the wave".

The Pubbies were better off with Roe -- although you're never going to get them to admit it.

With Dobbs forcing the issue back down to the state level, the left is going to win in almost (I said "almost") every state where abortion goes onto the ballot.

Look at Ohio last time 'round for an example.

Even states like Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida are going to face this, in time.

Dobbs is "the gift" (to the left) that will keep on giving.