Author Topic: Time for Us DeSantis Supporters to Rally Around Donald Trump.. Kurt Schlichter  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Time for Us DeSantis Supporters to Rally Around Donald Trump
Kurt Schlichter

Now that Governor Ron DeSantis has dropped out of the race and endorsed Donald Trump, I have a message for all my fellow Ron DeSantis supporters about how to move forward after a bruising primary campaign where we came up short.

Get over it.

Losing sucks. But there’s a maxim among trial lawyers that applies equally to people involved in politics over the long haul, and that’s if you’ve never lost a case, you never try cases. I am immensely proud to have supported Ron DeSantis. We gave it our best shot. We had a great candidate who has a great future, and we gave as good as we got. But we got it hard. That’s because it was a primary. You are supposed to get hit hard. Politics ain’t beanbag. Politics is tough, and people are in it to win it. But now the primaries are done. Our guy has endorsed Donald Trump. Time to rub some dirt on our wounds, getback in the game, and bring home the big win for America.

Yes, I know there were some stupid people out there who said some stupid things. Stop caring about what stupid people say. In the long run, this will make you much happier. Every campaign has some dingbats. Every campaign has some weirdos. Dingbats and weirdos say stupid and ugly things. But there’s a secret weapon that defeats them. It’s called “indifference.” I don’t care what @FatMAGADeadbeatDad69 or any other human cartoon character says. I don’t care if they tweet about my mother or my dogs or tell me that my books are terrible. My mom wouldn’t care, nor do my dogs, and my books are awesome and best sellers. Insults and lame memes don’t matter to me. Don’t let them matter to you. And certainly don’t let them keep you from doing what you need to do.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/01/22/time-for-us-desantis-supporters-to-rally-around-donald-trump-n2633961
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
 *****rollingeyes*****

Go ahead and grab your pom poms, Kurt. Trump has done nada to convince me that he’s learned from his disastrous 4th year. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:30:04 pm by deb »
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kurt could you just please STHU. Your punk cowboy swagger isn't going to convince me, your bullying isn't going to convince me, especially when Trump makes stupid statements like he just did on Taiwan.

He's not doing squat to earn any conservative's vote.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:33:15 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

You do you, Kurt. 

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No, it's time for American voters to decide for themselves.  We don't need our choices spoon-fed to us like Joe Biden's afternoon Jell-O cup.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline DB

No.

Offline cato potatoe

End of year voter data were published recently, and Florida has undergone a shift of 1,036,876 in favor of republicans since DeSantis was elected governor.  He gave conservatives everything they wanted, including a sanctuary state.

On the other hand, Trump has given numerous house seats, the senate, the white house, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Colorado to the democrats, and he is working on Arizona and Wisconsin.

Yes, losing sucks.  I wish more republicans agreed with that sentiment.

Offline LMAO

We also have or had members here that demand people vote for Trump

You can't demand votes. If a candidate and their supporters demand votes, that means they have nothing else to offer

I'll pass on Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Screw you, Kurt!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline mountaineer

However I vote in November - for all the races on the ballot, not just president - will come only after much careful thought (and probably prayer, too!). That anyone would expect any of us to turn on a dime is rather short-sighted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

I don't know about November. But I have to vote in the New Hampshire primary tomorrow and there's no way I'm going for Haley.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
*****rollingeyes*****

Go ahead and grab your pom poms, Kurt. Trump has done nada to convince me that he’s learned from his disastrous 4th year.

Nor have most of his supporters. They are in for a very rude awakening.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.