Author Topic: The Navy relieved 16 commanding officers in 2023  (Read 435 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Navy relieved 16 commanding officers in 2023
« on: January 21, 2024, 02:51:43 pm »
The Navy relieved 16 commanding officers in 2023
"The term ‘loss of confidence’ has real meaning in the Navy."

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED JAN 18, 2024 5:37 PM EST

Once again, the Navy demonstrated in 2023 that it will not hesitate to fire commanding officers when it feels they have not lived up to the service’s standards.

In 2023, the Navy relieved a total of 16 commanding officers of command: 14 were fired “due to a loss of confidence” in their ability to command, and two were relieved for medical issues unrelated to their performance, according to the Navy, which did not release the two officers’ names due to privacy concerns.

Of the 14 commanding officers who were fired: Eight were in charge of ships, five were in shore billets, and one led a squadron of Navy E/A-18G Growlers.

In addition to those commanding officers, the destroyer USS John Finn’s executive officer was also relieved of his position last year.

That may sound like an awful lot of senior leaders getting sacked in just one year, but it’s par for the course for the Navy, which holds commanding officers rigidly accountable for their performance as well as the conduct of the sailors and Marines whom they lead.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/navy-commanders-relieved-2023/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Navy relieved 16 commanding officers in 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 02:52:59 pm »
It doesn't seem to say much for the Navy's oversight of those who lead others.  It ain't so hot for recruiting either. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 10:59:14 pm »
They weren't supportive of a One  World Government?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 11:08:26 pm »
I would ask who's selecting these people for command fired for "loss of confidence"?
It appears to me that they are poor judges of character and leadership.
Or it could be that they are not conforming to the new "woke norms".
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.