Author Topic: Alabama Plans to Carry out First Nitrogen Gas Execution. How Will it Work and What Are the Risks?  (Read 7007 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Death sentence execution's should be more inhumane.
Well there was this guy who came up with somethin it's fast in action, but the trepidation between sentencing and execution..........

Offline roamer_1

Bullets are cheap. Stick 6 in him and be done.

Offline roamer_1

That is a waste of ammo. Shoot a guy once with a 5.56 nato round and they drop on the field, like a sack. Right there. Down and out.
I have never shot anyone 6 times. If that is what it takes to kill someone, you don't need a gun. You need a priest.

I meant your standard firing squad...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alabama tries out new execution method on convicted killer, witnesses claim it went horrifically wrong
January 26, 2024 | Terresa Monroe-Hamilton

As Kenneth Eugene Smith was executed slowly by nitrogen hypoxia for viciously murdering a woman, his wife cried out while he reportedly convulsed and thrashed.

Smith is the first person in history to be executed using this method according to the Daily Mail.

“Smith, 58, was put to death Thursday in a ‘horrific’ 22-minute ordeal when a gas mask was placed over his face, before a stream of 100 percent nitrogen gas suffocated him inside the execution chamber at the William C. Holman prison in Atmore, Alabama,” the Daily Mail reported.

“Aged 22, Smith was one of two men convicted in the murder-for-hire slaying of Elizabeth Sennett, 45, the wife of preacher Charles Sennet Sr. who hired the men to kill his wife in an insurance plot,” the media outlet noted.

Sennett was stabbed 8 times in the chest and once on each side of her neck in 1988. He was paid $1,000 for the hit. Despite the brutal nature of her murder, leftists lined up to bemoan the execution of her killer.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2024/01/26/alabama-tries-out-new-execution-method-on-convicted-killer-witnesses-claim-it-went-horrifically-wrong-1431286/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
It’s the method HE chose after a botched first-attempt. I’m sorry for the pain it caused his wife to be in attendance, but he’s a murderer. He offered his victim no recompense.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It’s the method HE chose after a botched first-attempt. I’m sorry for the pain it caused his wife to be in attendance, but he’s a murderer. He offered his victim no recompense.
:beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

From his last words to the final horrifying spasm on his gurney, how America's first nitrogen gas execution saw killer Kenneth Smith thrash around while his wife wept during grisly 22-minute death in Alabama prison Daily Mail

8:39 AM · Jan 26, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From his last words to the final horrifying spasm on his gurney, how America's first nitrogen gas execution saw killer Kenneth Smith thrash around while his wife wept during grisly 22-minute death in Alabama prison Daily Mail

This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard.  Nobody ever heard of "acting?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

He suffered, oh the horror! Does anyone think he felt a fraction of the fear, pain and suffering of his victim?

Offline roamer_1

Meh.
Still like bullets.
Done.
No longer suckin air
No vengeance.
Just checkin out.
Let God sort it out from there.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
The virtue of nitrogen hypoxia is that unlike being suffocated in more normal ways (e.g. a pillow over the face or strangulation) it does not cause CO2 to build up in the bloodstream, and the horrible sensations associated with not being able to breath are part of the body's reaction to CO2 building up in the bloodstream. It should, thus, be a painless death even before the condemned convict loses consciousness.

Nitrogen hypoxia is a fear in industry.

We use nitrogen to do things like "inert" vessels where we don't want oxygen contacting reactive metal surfaces.

There have been several incicents where people have died from it.

According to the training we recieve,

You can be out on your first breath if the atmosphere has enough nitrogen in it.

You supposedly don't even know it.  You inhale, you are asleep.

Death soon follows.  No feeling whatsoever.

That is what makes it so insideous.

Famous case where a guy went back into a vessel that was inerted (or had not been "turned over") to retrieve a roll of duct tape sitting on top of a distribution tray.  Down a short ladder and he dropped immediatly.  Someone called on the radio and went in to rescue him with no SCBA.  They both died.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He struggled for ten minutes? Either the N2 was contaminated with O2 or the mask had a really crappy seal. He should have been out from hypoxia in a maximum of two minutes, and even less if he was exerting himself.

Something here is bogus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Blindfold, cig, firing squad.

I don't understand the catering to how X murderer gets a choice in how they die. Not sure I would even provide a last meal request.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

Not sure I would even provide a last meal request.
That really is kind of strange. Here's some lobster and steak which you'll never even get a chance to digest. Now we're going to kill you. Bon apetit!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That really is kind of strange. Here's some lobster and steak which you'll never even get a chance to digest. Now we're going to kill you. Bon apetit!

And who wants to clean up that mess after his bowels expel themselves upon death!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He struggled for ten minutes? Either the N2 was contaminated with O2 or the mask had a really crappy seal. He should have been out from hypoxia in a maximum of two minutes, and even less if he was exerting himself.

Something here is bogus.

He did the thrashing on his own accord.  He was acting to make a statement.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"He did the thrashing on his own accord.  He was acting to make a statement."

Correct.
I wrote the following before I read your post. I'm posting it anyway:
==============
Regarding the reports of this guy "writhing" before he died.

Seems that I read he purposely tried to HOLD HIS BREATH for as long as possible, around two minutes (which was about the time the media reported he "struggled").

When he finally had to give up and breathe, it was over.

OK, here's an off-the-wall comment for ya:
The guy did this because he was PUT UP to do it by anti-death penalty advocates.

He was asked to "make it look bad" -- precisely because nitrogen hypoxia in reality is a passive, painless death. That's why it's promoted by assisted-suicide and right-to-die folks, and why it's designed into the Sarco Pod (in which case the pod-user activates the nitrogen from INSIDE).

The anti-death penalty people DON'T WANT this to become "the norm", because it would actually eliminate the argument of "cruel" "punishment".
Hence, their attempts to stop it.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why they used a "mask" on the guy.

Much better to have a "gas chamber" like enclosure, into which the prisoner is strapped into a chair. Just let him sit there and breathe normally, nothing on his face, then introduce the nitrogen to replace the oxygen. There will be no struggle, the prisoner won't know anything, other than to fall unconscious.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber wrote:
"He did the thrashing on his own accord.  He was acting to make a statement."

Correct.
I wrote the following before I read your post. I'm posting it anyway:
==============
Regarding the reports of this guy "writhing" before he died.

Seems that I read he purposely tried to HOLD HIS BREATH for as long as possible, around two minutes (which was about the time the media reported he "struggled").

When he finally had to give up and breathe, it was over.

OK, here's an off-the-wall comment for ya:
The guy did this because he was PUT UP to do it by anti-death penalty advocates.

He was asked to "make it look bad" -- precisely because nitrogen hypoxia in reality is a passive, painless death. That's why it's promoted by assisted-suicide and right-to-die folks, and why it's designed into the Sarco Pod (in which case the pod-user activates the nitrogen from INSIDE).

The anti-death penalty people DON'T WANT this to become "the norm", because it would actually eliminate the argument of "cruel" "punishment".
Hence, their attempts to stop it.

Also, I'm not sure I understand why they used a "mask" on the guy.

Much better to have a "gas chamber" like enclosure, into which the prisoner is strapped into a chair. Just let him sit there and breathe normally, nothing on his face, then introduce the nitrogen to replace the oxygen. There will be no struggle, the prisoner won't know anything, other than to fall unconscious.

Mask delivers the N2 much faster.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Something here is bogus.

Agree 100%.  There was an accident 2 or 3 years back at a chicken plant north of Atlanta.  They used liquid nitrogen for cooling.  They had just installed a new system, but that system developed a leak inside the bottom floor of an employee building.  Six employees died.  You either made it up the stairs in 15 seconds, or you fell unconscious and died.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

WTF How the H3!! did it take 22 minutes. 5-8 minutes tops you can go with out oxygen.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Prisons have had a hard time obtaining lethal injection drugs in recent years
Liquid Draino cost about $17 for a gallon over at Lowes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline DB

Strange...

The government/leftists know how to painless kill people via assisted suicide but somehow can't manage to come up with a way to kill convicted murderers in a humane way.

Common sense has long left the building...

Offline Mod2

merged topics