Author Topic: Ted Cruz Poll Raises Alarm Bells in Texas Election  (Read 1412 times)

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz Poll Raises Alarm Bells in Texas Election
« on: January 19, 2024, 10:38:01 pm »
Ted Cruz Poll Raises Alarm Bells in Texas Election

A new poll on the Texas Senate race shows incumbent Ted Cruz tied with his two most formidable Democratic challengers, raising alarm bells for the two-term Republican.

The survey, released Thursday by Emerson College, found Cruz polling at 42 percent among likely voters in a hypothetical matchup with U.S. Representative Colin Allred, who had 40 percent support. In a matchup with Texas state Senator Roland Gutierrez, 41 percent said they would vote for Cruz and 40 percent said Gutierrez.

The numbers echo the difficult reelection effort Cruz faced in 2018 when he faced off against Democrat Beto O'Rourke in one of the closest Senate contests in Texas in decades. Ultimately, Republicans held on to the seat after Cruz narrowly defeated O'Rourke by 219,000 votes. The last Democrat to represent Texas in the Senate was Bob Kruger in 1993. Kruger was appointed to finish Lloyd Bentsen's fourth term after Bentsen became President Bill Clinton's treasury secretary...............

This year, three Democrats are gunning for the party's nomination in Texas. Nueces County District Attorney Mark Gonzalez is also running. The Thursday poll found Allred to be the most popular candidate among Democratic primary voters, with 29 percent support, followed by Gutierrez at 7 percent and Gonzalez at 6 percent. However, 37 percent said they are undecided ahead of the March 5 primary.

Newsweek reached out to Cruz, Allred and Gutierrez via email for comment.

The hypothetical matchup between Allred and Cruz showed that the Democrat held a significant advantage among Hispanic voters, young voters and women—three critical voting blocs in the nation's second-largest state.

Latinos make up the biggest ethnic group in Texas, accounting for 40.2 percent of the population, according to 2021 data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Non-Hispanic whites represent 39.8 percent. The poll showed Allred leading Cruz among Hispanic voters by 24 percentage points. Cruz performed better among white voters, by 23 points......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ted-cruz-poll-raises-alarm-bells-in-texas-election/ar-BB1gWZ3D?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3f41fead1d824b9987014e134d90f58b&ei=16
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Re: Ted Cruz Poll Raises Alarm Bells in Texas Election
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 10:44:10 pm »
   Can you win a Texas election pissing off the Trumpers AND the Conservatives?  Stay Tuned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 10:52:27 pm »
Texas... is "turning".

How many more years will it remain a red state?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 02:20:28 am »
   Can you win a Texas election pissing off the Trumpers AND the Conservatives?  Stay Tuned.

Doubtful.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 02:23:58 am »
Texas... is "turning".

How many more years will it remain a red state?

Take a look at the demographics reported in the article.  The Hispanic/Latino population is the largest population in TX and those stats are from 2021, so I would expect that that percentage has increased. Combine that with an ILLEGAL population that has skyrocketed and you have the recipe to turn TX blue.  Once Texas goes, so goes the country. 

With that being said, I believe TX will turn blue in 2024.  It is unfortunate.  FL will go next after DeSantis finishes up his governorship.   Then it's curtains for the rest of the country.  TX and FL have been the lifelines for the GOP.    Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 02:25:44 am by libertybele »

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 02:34:05 am »
Dems have an unlimited amount of Fraudulent votes available in Dallas,Harris, Bexar, Travis and Hildalgo counties.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 04:49:03 am »
The fruits of Trumpism...

Populism and conservatism don't mix.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 05:52:21 pm »
Dems have an unlimited amount of Fraudulent votes available in Dallas,Harris, Bexar, Travis and Hildalgo counties.

Well, that doesn't surprise me but it is very concerning and disheartening.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 05:52:40 pm »
The fruits of Trumpism...

Populism and conservatism don't mix.

Nope.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 07:31:16 pm »
The last time Texas voted for a Democrat president was Carter in 1976

Texas will go Trump and Cruz may likely survive, also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 07:40:53 pm »
The last time Texas voted for a Democrat president was Carter in 1976

Texas will go Trump and Cruz may likely survive, also

That may be, but the demographics in TX have changed drastically which any way you slice it, is going to make a difference.

This data is several years old and with the millions of ILLEGALS crossing, I am confident that the Latino population has increased. 

Latinos make up the biggest ethnic group in Texas, accounting for 40.2 percent of the population, according to 2021 data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Also, keep in mind that Cruz only won over Beto by a very thin margin.  I believe Cruz is going to lose his seat and I won't at all be surprised if TX turns blue this year. 

Just my opinion based on the very definite change in demographics.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 07:42:09 pm by libertybele »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 07:44:16 pm »
Maybe Cruz needs to be more like John Cornyn in order to keep his seat safe?  That's what Trump would do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 07:52:01 pm »
That may be, but the demographics in TX have changed drastically which any way you slice it, is going to make a difference.

This data is several years old and with the millions of ILLEGALS crossing, I am confident that the Latino population has increased. 

Latinos make up the biggest ethnic group in Texas, accounting for 40.2 percent of the population, according to 2021 data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Also, keep in mind that Cruz only won over Beto by a very thin margin.  I believe Cruz is going to lose his seat and I won't at all be surprised if TX turns blue this year. 

Just my opinion based on the very definite change in demographics.

If Texas flipped and voted Democrat in the presidential election, it would be a Jimmy Carter or even Bill Clinton type

Biden is not going to flip Texas or any other current Democrat
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 11:30:52 pm »
Anyone who thinks Ted Cruz is in ANY danger of losing his senate seat in the near future has a screw, or several, very loose!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024, 11:55:56 pm »
Anyone who thinks Ted Cruz is in ANY danger of losing his senate seat in the near future has a screw, or several, very loose!

Ok, thank you for that comment.  You must be very confident that Cruz isn't going to lose his seat.  I'll take it!  :beer:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2024, 01:24:43 am »
Nope.

You can blame voter fraud all you want ( it's getting old by the way ) it could be tired of his antics. He barkey beat Beto!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 07:27:50 pm »

You can blame voter fraud all you want ( it's getting old by the way ) it could be tired of his antics. He barkey beat Beto!

Thanks to Trump and his supporters pushing the patently false "Lyin' Ted" propaganda and the personal attacks on his character and family, not to mention Trump's GOPe delegates booing him at the RNC Convention.  Trump and his supporters basically destroyed Cruz' political career just because he dared to uphold and defend Conservatism in the Republican Party. 
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 07:50:54 pm »
Thanks to Trump and his supporters pushing the patently false "Lyin' Ted" propaganda and the personal attacks on his character and family, not to mention Trump's GOPe delegates booing him at the RNC Convention.  Trump and his supporters basically destroyed Cruz' political career just because he dared to uphold and defend Conservatism in the Republican Party.

All that is very true, yet Cruz is endorsing Trump. He had a chance to endorse DeSantis a true conservative and didn't. Sorry, I was a huge Cruz fan until now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2024, 08:02:53 pm »
DeSantis is going to drop out and endorse Trump.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 08:17:56 pm »
   I believe that to be true also @bigheadfred I don't expect him to make it to May 3 like Cruz did.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.