Author Topic: The GOP Is Already Clashing Over Trump’s VP Pick By Jonathan Martin  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The GOP Is Already Clashing Over Trump’s VP Pick
By Jonathan Martin 01/18/2024 05:00 AM EST Link Copied

The fiercest Republican campaign isn’t taking place between the presidential hopefuls in Iowa or New Hampshire this month, but rather in the backstage fight over who would be Donald Trump’s running mate. Or more to the point: who will not be Trump’s pick.

As Nikki Haley emerges as the former president’s most formidable opponent in the coming states, and toughens her rhetoric, her Trumpworld foes are intensifying their own efforts to block her from the consolation prize of the vice presidency.

Haley’s critics have even privately warned Trump that, were he to make Haley first in line to the presidency, he’d effectively be setting himself up for an intra-party coup, as GOP senators would use any legal or political pretext to remove him from office and elevate the more old guard-aligned Haley.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/18/maga-nightmare-trump-loyalists-move-to-head-off-haley-vp-pick-00136282
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The GOP Is Already Clashing Over Trump’s VP Pick By Jonathan Martin
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:37:23 pm »
"The fiercest Republican campaign isn’t taking place between the presidential hopefuls in Iowa or New Hampshire this month, but rather in the backstage fight over who would be Donald Trump’s running mate. Or more to the point: who will not be Trump’s pick."

The Republican party will have no say in this matter.

The choice is Mr. Trump's to make, and ONLY his choice.

He will come to the Republican convention with 70% (or more) of the primary votes cast.
How are they going to refuse him?
When it's Mr. Trump making (to the Republicans) an offa they can't refuse?

Having said that, I hope he picks a good one.
Not for lady parts.
Not for black skin.

Not for a combination of such.

But someone who really COULD be an effective Republican president.

That's why I've suggested Rand Paul.
Or... even though he's still relatively new... J.D. Vance of Ohio.
(I had previously thought of Ron DeSantis, but just too much bad blood there now.)

But please... don't pick a candidate "for show"...!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 12:09:42 am »
 ////00000////

Perfect MAGA VP pick, Dionne Warwik:

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 12:59:19 am »
"The fiercest Republican campaign isn’t taking place between the presidential hopefuls in Iowa or New Hampshire this month, but rather in the backstage fight over who would be Donald Trump’s running mate. Or more to the point: who will not be Trump’s pick."

The choice is Mr. Trump's to make, and ONLY his choice.

Actually, it isn't his choice.  It's the delegates who elect the VP nominee, and they can literally elect anyone they wish.  They'll most likely choose whomever the Presidential nominee wants, but they don't have to.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 02:41:11 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 02:05:48 am »

Yeah, right.  Just like last time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-