Author Topic: What Is Climate?–Richard Lindzen  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What Is Climate?–Richard Lindzen
« on: January 19, 2024, 11:17:46 am »
What Is Climate?–Richard Lindzen
JANUARY 19, 2024
By Paul Homewood

Nice summary by Richard Lindzen:

We are generally told that the following defines ‘climate’…

Figure 1 Global average temperature anomaly.

Actually, we are not looking at ‘average temperature’. Averaging Mt. Everest and the Dead Sea makes no sense. Instead, we average what is called the temperature anomaly. We average the deviations from a 30-year mean. The figure shows an increase of a bit more than 1°C over 175 years. We are told by international bureaucrats that when this reaches 1.5°C, we are doomed. In all fairness, even the science report of the UN’s IPCC (i.e. the WG1 report) and the US National Assessments never make this claim. The political claims are simply meant to frighten the public into compliance with absurd policies. It remains a puzzle to me why the public should be frightened of a warming that is smaller than the temperature change we normally experience between breakfast and lunch.

My puzzlement becomes clearer when one includes the data points in Figure 1, as shown in Figure 2. This was first noted by Stanley Grotch, and updated by John Christy and I).

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2024/01/19/what-is-climate-richard-lindzen/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson