Author Topic: Biden Admin's $104 Million Energy Plan Will See Pentagon Covered in Solar Panels  (Read 354 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin's $104 Million Energy Plan Will See Pentagon Covered in Solar Panels

Charles Hilu
January 18, 2024
President Joe Biden's administration announced Wednesday that it will install solar panels on the roof of the Pentagon as part of a $104 million investment in clean energy projects on federal facilities.

"Selected projects include: Installation of rooftop solar panels, a heat-recovery heat pump system, and solar thermal panels to reduce reliance on natural gas and fuel oil combustion systems at U.S. Department of Defense’s Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia," reads a release from the Department of Energy.

The Pentagon project is part of the department's plan to upgrade 31 of the federal government's facilities in an effort to achieve net-zero carbon emissions from its buildings by 2045. The plan received its funding from the 2021 infrastructure law and will also utilize $361 million worth of private investment. In the first year of the program, the Energy Department said, the projects will save $29 million in the cost of energy and water. It will also take out of the air the amount of greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to "taking 23,042 gasoline-powered vehicles off the roads."

Other projects in the program include the installation of LED lights and occupancy sensors in low-trafficked areas of the Department of Transportation's headquarters, along with thin-film solar panels on some of its windows.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/biden-admins-104-million-energy-plan-will-see-pentagon-covered-in-solar-panels/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:54:15 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If there is one place in this country that should never, ever be dependent on part time energy it's the Pentagon.  Suppose we are in a war and the Pentagon goes energy dead at a crucial point, it could be catastrophic to the entire world.  Like in the Cuban missile crisis, what if the Pentagon had all of a sudden lost its ability to communicate with the armed forces at a crucial point?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

It will be another disaster just waiting to happen created by the Biden administration.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That $104 million would be better spent on sending cruise missiles to Tehran ... to blow it up.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It will be another disaster just waiting to happen created by the Biden administration.
It will be over budget, I predict underpowered which will require expensive upgrading...and will this plan include some of those nice randomly combustible storage batteries like they use in EV's? I have no doubt the entire thing will be SUSFU, SNAFU and FUBAR!