Author Topic: California wild card: Republican pulls ahead of big-name Democrat in high-stakes Senate race  (Read 594 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California wild card: Republican pulls ahead of big-name Democrat in high-stakes Senate race
By
Eden Villalovas
January 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Former baseball star Steve Garvey is gaining traction in California’s Senate race, surpassing a prominent House Democrat in recent polling.

A new Emerson College Polling-Inside California Politics poll released Thursday found that 18% of voters support Garvey, while 13% support Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA). Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) is the clear front-runner for the California Senate seat that was held by former Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein. Another prominent Democrat, Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), is lagging behind the top three contenders in single digits, sitting at 8%.

“Everywhere we go, the excitement for Steve Garvey is palpable,” Garvey campaign spokesman Matt Shupe said in a statement. “As Californians reconnect with Steve Garvey and embrace his message of compassionate, commonsense solutions for the everyday issues they face, coupled with his commitment to building political consensus, we anticipate seeing even more support for his campaign. The dynamics of this election are clearly evolving into a race to beat Steve Garvey.”

The former San Diego Padres and Los Angeles Dodgers star launched a Republican bid for Senate in October, several months after his Democratic opponents. Garvey is the only prominent Republican candidate vying against the three established Democratic politicians; he moved into second place in December polling as well.

In an interview with the Washington Examiner last week, Shupe said potential voters are responding positively to Garvey’s push for bipartisanship, citing he’s “not running to benefit the Republican Party” but instead “to benefit Californians.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2804709/california-wild-card-republican-pulls-big-name-democratsenate-race/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I heard an interview with him a few weeks back.  He comes across as very sincere.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Speaking of Adam Lying-Piece-of-Schiff ...
Mike Netter
@nettermike
California Congressman Adam Schiff, who is currently running for a United States Senate seat, has claimed a home he owns in Maryland as his primary residence for more than a decade, mortgage records show.

Schiff, who represents a Los Angeles area district, has also claimed a condo he owns in Burbank to be his primary residence. The Democratic representative has signed documents asserting both his Maryland and Burbank homes as his primary residence. A review of comments and photos on social media, as well as records, indicates Schiff makes his full-time home in Maryland. The condo is only 650 square feet, compared to the 3,420-square-foot Maryland home.

Deed records show Schiff designated the Maryland home as his primary residence in 2003. In 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, Schiff refinanced his mortgage and again indicated the Maryland home was his primary residence.

Los Angeles County deed records for Schiff’s Burbank condo were notarized in Maryland. The records also list Schiff’s Maryland home as an address the documents were being returned to.

Tax records indicate Schiff paid California property taxes in 2017 with a check featuring his Maryland address. 2017 was the only year he paid his California property taxes with a personal check.

For years, Schiff has taken a homeowner’s tax exemption on his Burbank condo, claiming it as his primary residence for a $7,000 reduction in his tax bill. Schiff did not take an exemption on his Maryland home.

Marisol Samayoa, a spokesperson for Schiff’s campaign, said the congressman’s primary residence is in California.

“Adam’s primary residence is Burbank, California, and will remain so when he wins the Senate seat,” Samayoa stated in an email to CNN. “As Adam has discussed openly many times over the years, including in his recent New York Times best-selling book, he and Eve made the difficult decision to move their family to the D.C. area to spend more time with his children while doing his job.”

Samayoa said both of Schiff’s properties were claimed as primary residences for loan purposes.

“Adam’s California and Maryland addresses have been listed as primary residences for loan purposes because they are both occupied throughout the year and to distinguish them from a vacation property,” Samayoa wrote.

Last  year, Gov. Gavin Nesom appointed Sen. Laphonza Butler to fill the seat left vacant by the death of Dianne Feinstein. Butler was also living in Maryland when Newsom appointed her. She then re-registered to vote in California.

Schiff is running the Democratic primary for the Senate seat currently occupied by Butler. Other challengers in the race include congresswomen Barbara Lee ,Katie Porter and Attorney Eric Early
12:37 AM · Feb 16, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Speaking of Adam Lying-Piece-of-Schiff ...

Marisol Samayoa, a spokesperson for Schiff’s campaign, said the congressman’s primary residence is in California.

.  .  .

Samayoa said both of Schiff’s properties were claimed as primary residences for loan purposes.

So Samayoa openly admits that Adam Schiff committed fraud by providing false information on a loan application.  Interesting.  Isn't this what they're prosecuting Trump for in New York?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty sure I'll never have so many "homes" that I can't remember which is my actual primary residence. Then again, I'm not a member of Congress.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 10:29:15 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm pretty sure I'll never have to many "homes" that I can't remember which is my actual primary residence. Then again, I'm not a member of Congress.

And not on any of their side payrolls.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Odds oof Garvey winning a runoff in the People Republic of Kalifornistan?  Near zip.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Odds oof Garvey winning a runoff in the People Republic of Kalifornistan?  Near zip.

Garvey could win 20 million votes.  But by the week after election day, the Dem would end up with 21 million.