Author Topic: DeSantis opens up about his one 2024 campaign regret after Iowa defeat  (Read 440 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis opens up about his one 2024 campaign regret after Iowa defeat
By
Naomi Lim
January 18, 2024 12:25 pm

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) regrets not adopting a more assertive media strategy when he first announced his 2024 Republican presidential campaign last year.

When DeSantis launched his highly anticipated bid for the presidency, he was selective with what media outlets he spoke with, only making himself more available last summer when his polling and fundraising numbers had declined.

“Presidential campaigns are a lot about media,” DeSantis told Hugh Hewitt on Thursday. “I spent a lot of time on the ground in Iowa, and it’s good. And when you meet people, you convert them. But there’s just so many voters out there that you’ve got to do. And I came in not really doing as much media. I should have just been blanketing. I should have gone on all the corporate shows. I should have gone on everything.”

“We had an opportunity, I think, to come out of the gate and do that and reach a much broader folk,” he said. “Now, I’m everywhere. I mean, I’ll show up wherever.”

DeSantis used his comments to also criticize former President Donald Trump and former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley for not debating in New Hampshire before next Tuesday’s primary.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2803593/desantis-opens-2024-campaign-regret-iowa-defeat/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: DeSantis opens up about his one 2024 campaign regret after Iowa defeat
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 10:13:37 pm »
He spent a hell of a lot of money on Iowa and came away with nothing. I doubt going on more shows would have helped. Face it Ron. You suck.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 10:53:55 pm »
He spent a hell of a lot of money on Iowa and came away with nothing. I doubt going on more shows would have helped. Face it Ron. You suck.

He ran a very dull campaign

And you’re not gonna compete with the Donald Trump show
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 11:20:04 pm »

What sucks is what's coming.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 12:13:17 am »
Posted by TYR
337  The Briefingroom Polls / Re: Last Presidential Poll of 2022
   « on: December 05, 2022, 10:10:52 pm »

Who, at the current time, would you vote for President in 2024
Trump He will never appeal to the center.  He won't try!
 DeSantis He's not ready yet.  He has work to do on public speaking!
 Pence No NEVER
 Haley I don't think so
Pompeo No appeal
Noem Seems to lack strength.
 Ted~Cruz & Nugent (stoner option) I would like to see Ted as President but, he cannot win. Conservatives are split. Rinos will not support him, and he's been demonized by the Left.
--------------
IMHO...   :eleph:

I say it again, DeSantis needs to go to "Candidate School" and improve his public persona!  Otherwise, give it up entirely!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 12:33:00 am »
I discussed on another thread that you can have the best conservative message on earth, but if you can't personally connect with electorate, you are destined to fail.  My advise to him is to hire a media coach, and work on all rudimentary aspects of his craft.  Speaking, demeanor, delivery, body language, angles, messaging....  etc. etc.  etc.

I am surprised that someone who really hasn't mastered Politcal Image 101 has gotten this far.  And I am saing this as a supporter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 12:42:52 am »
What sucks is what's coming.

If what’s coming is inevitable, would it be better to have it happen while a Democrat is in the WH or a Republican?

I say a Democrat and here’s why. The housing crisis and the economic crash happened at the end of GWB’s term. That ushered in BHO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2024, 12:52:46 am »
If what’s coming is inevitable, would it be better to have it happen while a Democrat is in the WH or a Republican?

Have said this dozens of time.  When the SHTF, its best not to be in charge.  That goes for politics, business, and pretty much anything in life.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2024, 01:13:48 am »

I say a Democrat and here’s why. The housing crisis and the economic crash happened at the end of GWB’s term. That ushered in BHO

Possibly, but the bailouts and new laws tend to stay with us forever.