Author Topic: Iowa Was Bad, Bad News for Ron DeSantis... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 883 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iowa Was Bad, Bad News for Ron DeSantis... Kurt Schlichter
« on: January 18, 2024, 04:43:38 pm »
Iowa Was Bad, Bad News for Ron DeSantis
Kurt Schlichter

Well, Monday night kind of sucked. It super sucked. That’s the thing about politics – sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. While my candidate, Ron DeSantis, did come in second and beat 2004’s favorite daughter, Nikki Haley, which was nice, he came in a pretty distant second. I’d like to see a path for him to win the nomination. That would make me happy. He’s a very talented guy who doesn’t have a lot of the problems that Donald Trump has, such as the fact that about 53% of the voters irrationally hate former prezzy. But my party seems to be going in another direction. I don’t see a path for Ron DeSantis to win. New Hampshire’s primary voter roll is full of Democrats and suburban wine women. South Carolina loves Trump. What’s the state after that where he’s going to not just come back, but come back like a tsunami? I just don’t see it, and it doesn’t make me happy to say it. But I have to say what I think. And I think Iowa has made clear that the base is intent on riding Donald J. Trump all the way to the finish line.

So be it.

Should DeSantis get out now? Vivek Ramaswamy did and lavishly endorsed the winner who was dissing him hard last week. His voters are all going to go over to Donald Trump because when Mini Me quits, his supporters go to Dr. Evil, not to Austin Powers. The governor and his people may see a path that I don’t see, but if they don’t see a viable one he should cut his losses. I know that if he’s in front of me on a ballot and has not dropped out, I’m voting for him. I’m first in line for DeSantis 2028. But real talk - Donald Trump is the prohibitive favorite right now. I would love to see the upset of the century. I don’t think I will. I think this is all going to be a done deal after Super Tuesday. I could be wrong. I’ve been wrong before. But the facts are looking like it’s going to be DJT 2.0 vs. Crusty 2.0 again. DeSantis is a smart guy. If he can’t win, the smart play is to punch out and endorse Trump (and bank his remaining cash for next time).

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2024/01/18/iowa-was-bad-bad-news-for-ron-desantis-n2633740
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Iowa Was Bad, Bad News for Ron DeSantis... Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 08:12:28 pm »
DeSantis needs to stay in until the bitter end. Even if it hurts his chances for the GOP nomination for good

At the very least, it'll show general election voters that the GOP isn't all Trump.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 08:14:18 pm »
Florida Democrats Quietly Flip Seat to Chip Into DeSantis’s Supermajority As He Was Campaigning in Iowa

https://resistthemainstream.com/florida-democrats-quietly-flip-seat-as-desantis-was-campaigning-in-iowa/?utm_source=truthsocial

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 08:25:25 pm »
You can't compete on policy and record when the race is about cult of personality.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 08:35:18 pm »
You can't compete on policy and record when the race is about cult of personality.

And there it is.  :yowsa:

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:43:58 pm »
Iowa was bad, bad news for America's future. Vengeance is now more important than policy and our future. Picking a candidate to stick one's finger in their enemy's eye is the top priority and it will come at a high cost.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 09:40:54 pm »
Iowa was bad, bad news for America's future. Vengeance is now more important than policy and our future. Picking a candidate to stick one's finger in their enemy's eye is the top priority and it will come at a high cost.

That's right. With emphasis.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 10:51:02 pm »

DeSantis was maybe the right man, but at the wrong time. You are not going to compete with the Donald Trump show.

Although I agree with your assessment, I am more optimistic. Yes it’s going to be ugly for a while, but I’ve seen this show before

I don’t know how old you are, but I do remember the 1970s. By 1980, the country was miserable and in tough shape. Polls were showing that people thought America’s best days were over.

Reagan didn’t believe that. He thought Americans best days were yet to come. And I wasn’t quite old enough to vote for him in 1980 but I did in 1984. By 1984, America was a very different country in 1984 than it was in 1980. It truly was “ Morning in America”

So I am optimistic. Not in the short term. But in the long term.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:02:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 10:52:04 pm »

Ron DeSantis had to have known that going in

So why did he do it? Someday we’ll find out.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 11:10:53 pm »
DeSantis was maybe the right man, but at the wrong time. You are not going to compete with the Donald Trump show.

Although I agree with your assessment, I am more optimistic. Yes it’s going to be ugly for a while, but I’ve seen this show before

I don’t know how old you are, but I do remember the 1970s. By 1980, the country was miserable and in tough shape. Polls were showing that people thought America’s best days were over.

But there was a man who didn’t believe that. He thought Americans best days were yet to come. And I wasn’t quite old enough to vote for him in 1980 but I did in 1984. By 1984, America was a very different country in 1984 than it was in 1980. It truly was “ Morning in America”

So I am optimistic. Not in the short term. But in the long term.

There's a key difference. The national debt was very small then and it allowed economic policy flexibility on multiple fronts. The national debt now is an immovable mountain that can't be avoided. It is to the point that we just print more money and don't even bother with the formalities of issuing and selling treasury notes to balance the accounts. That is a bridge too far. It is the early steps of financial collapse. No one can magically wave off the consequences of all that. So what's left is to see how far the can can be kicked down the road before the inevitable takes hold.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 11:12:54 pm »
LMAO:
"DeSantis needs to stay in until the bitter end. Even if it hurts his chances for the GOP nomination for good"

Mr. DeSantis will withdraw from contention after the South Carolina primary.
And he'll be wise to do so then, as it will PRESERVE any chances he has "for the future"...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 11:35:53 pm »
 ////00000////

If only DeSantis said "woke" a few thousand more times.

I knew DeSantis was in trouble when he went to Nantucket to panhandle Wall Street banksters in August, 2022.

DeSantis made the mistake of giving his PAC's money to a SuperPAC that was not 100% behind him, and only him.

DeSantis flew a few dozen illegal migrants from Texas, not the state he governs, to Martha's Vineyard.  Abbott has bused tens of thousands of illegal migrants from Texas, the state he actually governs, to the Sanctuary Cities that wanted them.

DeSantis was punching above his weight and out of his league.  Florida is not America; America is not Florida.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 11:56:51 pm »
There's a key difference. The national debt was very small then and it allowed economic policy flexibility on multiple fronts. The national debt now is an immovable mountain that can't be avoided. It is to the point that we just print more money and don't even bother with the formalities of issuing and selling treasury notes to balance the accounts. That is a bridge too far. It is the early steps of financial collapse. No one can magically wave off the consequences of all that. So what's left is to see how far the can can be kicked down the road before the inevitable takes hold.

I know

But I’m still optimistic. What else should I be?

Barry Goldwater

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2024, 12:03:20 am »
I know

But I’m still optimistic. What else should I be?

A crack shot.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2024, 12:05:37 am »
Was a RDS supporter, but the sad fact  was he spent $1,497.00 per Caucus vote in Iowa.  That's a disaster.  As I have opined earlier,   RDS needs to fine tune his delivery and style to have any level of success.  You can have the greatest conservative message on earth, but its worthless if you don't connect with the electorate

Hate to provide that analysis, but that's my take.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2024, 12:11:08 am »
In 2028, we’re gonna need a candidate that says things like debt, deficit, and inflation thousands times more than the term “ woke”

But if it’s Donald Trump who gets elected, no Republican will be elected after him

At the rate things are going and I am confident that we're going to see asylum granted to ILLEGALS -- no Republican will be elected anyways. :shrug:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 12:18:25 am »
At the rate things are going and I am confident that we're going to see asylum granted to ILLEGALS -- no Republican will be elected anyways. :shrug:

Fully concur.  By the time this border crap gets solved, I am guessing 5-10M new dim voters wil be added to the rolls.  That has been the intent of Biden, Obama, etc. Day 1 since Trump left office.   How better to insure future electoral success than skew the demographics in your favor.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2024, 12:32:07 am »
   Good opine Kurt. 
   Mark be down as depressingly disappointed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2024, 12:10:23 pm »
////00000////

If only DeSantis said "woke" a few thousand more times.

I knew DeSantis was in trouble when he went to Nantucket to panhandle Wall Street banksters in August, 2022.

DeSantis made the mistake of giving his PAC's money to a SuperPAC that was not 100% behind him, and only him.

DeSantis flew a few dozen illegal migrants from Texas, not the state he governs, to Martha's Vineyard.  Abbott has bused tens of thousands of illegal migrants from Texas, the state he actually governs, to the Sanctuary Cities that wanted them.

DeSantis was punching above his weight and out of his league.  Florida is not America; America is not Florida.

None of that matters

Any Republican running now is running up against a cult and their leader

Barry Goldwater

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2024, 09:16:32 pm »
I anticipate Trump winning the primary and losing in the general election.

DeSantis should continue running to develop his name recognition throughout the nation.

Trump is a loser.  He is a liar.  His MAJOR PROMISES when he ran in 2016 remain unfulfilled.  And as I have often mentioned, his promise to end the H1-b Visa Program, which has provided 1.6 million white collar highly compensated jobs largely to folks from India, and unemploying USA citizens is his largest betrayal to Americans.  Months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, and he increased the numbers of H1-b Visa recipients.  And they in turn spent upwards of a billion dollars to see he lost in 2020.  Talk about laughing at the irony!!!

Back to DeSantis, he hasn't taken Trump on and condemned his failures to keep his promises as POTUS.  Believe me, if DeSantis said he would accomplish what Trump failed to do as POTUS, he would get some attention.  But DeSantis' campaign is tea and crumpets, and is NOT disturbing the electorate to listen.  YAWN!!!  DeSantis has been a great governor, but it is hard to surpass the bluster and empty rhetoric of Trump.

Trump is running on his time in office versus Biden's, but that is not compelling for folks to vote for him in a fair election.  Americans have closed their eyes to the highly coordinated effort at FIXING THE 2020 election.  Not having their hand so much as slapped, expect to see cheating at even a higher level, and blatant and in your face.  Fact is, Biden does not need to campaign and win once they adjust the ones and zeroes.

Again, without fair and free elections, there is NO REPUBLIC!

Offline berdie

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2024, 10:49:37 pm »
None of that matters

Any Republican running now is running up against a cult and their leader

That's the way I see it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2024, 11:14:28 pm »
jafo wrote:
"I anticipate Trump winning the primary and losing in the general election."
"Trump is a loser.  He is a liar.  His MAJOR PROMISES when he ran in 2016 remain unfulfilled."

OK, jafo.
This isn't the tune you were singing on October 16, 2020:

Here's a post you put up on October 16, 2020:
"Joe Clueless is the worst candidate in USA history. Hillary was supposed to be a slam dunk, and that is in part why she did not campaign much more than Biden.  Both were NOT physically fit to be POTUS. 

I PREDICT SURPRISES ON NOVEMBER 3RD...TRUMP TAKES 40 STATES WITH ELECTORAL COLLEGE"

Source:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305366.html#msg2305366

Here's the post I put up in reply to you:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819