Author Topic: NOVELTY, ADAPTATION NEEDED IN LETHAL FUTURE FIGHT  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NOVELTY, ADAPTATION NEEDED IN LETHAL FUTURE FIGHT
« on: January 17, 2024, 06:24:11 pm »
NOVELTY, ADAPTATION NEEDED IN LETHAL FUTURE FIGHT
Tanks
Photo by: U.S. Army
Fri, 01/12/2024 - 07:20

As the Army modernizes for large-scale combat operations, an examination of the war in Ukraine and the 1940 Battle of France could provide insights for penetrating organized defenses in an era of high technology, writes the author of a new paper.

Lt. Col. Nathan Jennings, an Army strategist and associate professor at the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, writes that the Germans achieved victory against French and British forces in 1940 with a combination of “intentional, incidental and accidental asymmetries that allowed them to penetrate and exploit the most imposing defensive construct of their era.”

As such, U.S.-led coalitions will have to “apply similar degrees of novelty and adaptation to negotiate the lethality of the current military environment,” one where swarming drones, relentless surveillance and precision strikes are “wreaking havoc on combined arms offensives,” Jennings writes in “Maneuver and Breakthrough in 1940 France: Insights for the U.S. Army and the Russo-Ukrainian War,” published by the Association of the U.S. Army as part of its Land Warfare series.

https://www.ausa.org/news/novelty-adaptation-needed-lethal-future-fight
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NOVELTY, ADAPTATION NEEDED IN LETHAL FUTURE FIGHT
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 06:26:02 pm »
Why didn't they mention in today's modern military, trannies are essential for innovation especially in positions of leadership?  Of course, recruiting fewer whites works well too. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson