Author Topic: New York shelter curfew for immigrants: Times and penalties for non-compliance  (Read 328 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 New York shelter curfew for immigrants: Times and penalties for non-compliance
Story by Daniela Barrera,Greg Heilman  •
19h

New York City Mayor Eric Adams has imposed a curfew for migrants living in the city’s shelters. According to his office, the measure comes as a response to the increase in street violence and crime, as well as the high number of people asking for charity on the streets and going from door-to-door at all hours of the night.

The curfew will come into effect this Tuesday, January 16. At the moment, the measure applies only to four shelters in the city: Judo Center (35th Avenue) and JFK Center (North Boundary Road) in Queens, as well as Stockton Center (Stockton Street) in Brooklyn and Lincoln Manhattan Center (Central Park North) in Manhattan.

However, Adams’ goal is to spread the curfew to many of the 200 shelters and respite centers in New York.

“The mayor has asked us to take a hard look at figuring out how we do it across the system. The question is to whether it makes sense to do it across the system,” said the Commissioner of Emergency Management of New York City, Zach Iscol, at the time of publicizing the new measure. “One of the things we’re always looking to do is figure out what can we do to keep people who are in our care safe, what can we do to have less of an impact on the communities where some of these shelters and respite centers are placed, and one tool of ours to do that is curfews.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-shelter-curfew-for-immigrants-times-and-penalties-for-non-compliance/ar-AA1n5hiQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=d697294ad5d549bbbf8ecab6fae19e98&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The last time I was around a curfew was in the Philippines when Ferdy Marcos was the dictator.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How dare they, they're treating these people as if they were criminals......oh, wait.

Online mountaineer

Could they maybe tell the "migrants" not to leave their bodily waste on New Yorkers' doorsteps? Is that asking too much?

Migrants in New York City are reportedly leaving pee in cups on people's doorsteps as the migrant crisis continues to spiral out of control. ... The situation got worse last week in East Village after the Parks Department got rid of 3 Port-a-potties because they became too disgusting to clean.

"There was a cup of what I thought was somebody’s discarded hot chocolate that turned out to be not hot chocolate," said a street cleaner.

"Most of them want to pee in plastic cups rather than the ground, and they leave them on people’s door steps," said a resident.

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1748863831672234169
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does the fine money come directly out of their welfare payments?

If so,doesn't that mean the taxpayers are paying the fines for the illegal aliens?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!